Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2006, 11:48   #1
BANNED

How to take care of scratches on Honda City VTEC?

Hi Guys,

Wanted to check if there is something available in the market to take care of the scratches on my new Honda City...

Recently got thru its 1st service... got a coating done which costed around 3.5... but today morning a biker hit me from the back and left a scratch at the left side of the rear bumper... want to know if there is something which can be applied to get the scratch lighter...

Please help....
Old 1st November 2006, 12:01   #2
BMW
BHPian

Hi,

I guess the only option for you is to get some touching done on the scratch. Honda service centre will do it free of charge. They did it on my NHC's rear bumper when a scooter guy had scratched it.

Coating cannot prevent deep scratches. It is only meant to maintain the shine of the paint and to prevent light scratches due to dust particles.

BTW, what is the colour of your City?

Cheers!
Old 1st November 2006, 12:10   #3
BHPian

Touch-up paint unless you want to get the whole bumper painted!
Old 1st November 2006, 12:36   #4
BANNED

Galaxy grey is the color....
Old 1st November 2006, 12:40   #5
BHPian

There is some kind of paste to make it less visible

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78
Hi Guys,

Wanted to check if there is something available in the market to take care of the scratches on my new Honda City...

Recently got thru its 1st service... got a coating done which costed around 3.5... but today morning a biker hit me from the back and left a scratch at the left side of the rear bumper... want to know if there is something which can be applied to get the scratch lighter...

Please help....
Udit,

I bought a pack of 5 items or so from a guy selling stuff near a petrol pump in Hyderabad. Minor scratches seem to have disappeared almost on my car. I'll find out the detail and post later.
Old 1st November 2006, 13:33   #6
BMW
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by udit78
Galaxy grey is the color....
Grey is still ok as minor scratches don't show. Mine is black! The paint and finish is very tough to maintain..
Old 1st November 2006, 14:11   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sreenivass
Udit,

I bought a pack of 5 items or so from a guy selling stuff near a petrol pump in Hyderabad. Minor scratches seem to have disappeared almost on my car. I'll find out the detail and post later.
@Sreenivas please do post about the product that you have purchased. Would want to try it on my car.

Cheers

Last edited by rjstyles69 : 1st November 2006 at 14:12.
Old 1st November 2006, 14:29   #8
BHPian

Rust & Stain remover details

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69
@Sreenivas please do post about the product that you have purchased. Would want to try it on my car.

Cheers
Guys,

Its named
Commander Rust & Stain Remover
made by Balaji Industries NOIDA. The pin code is 20.

Not sure how to obtain it. One source could be the street car decor stores.

I have tried it quite a few times on my silver petra. Minor scratches almost disappear. Not that they go away but the visibility is reduced. I thought it works by melting the paint around a scratch a little bit and tries to close the scratched portion.

Caution: Use it at your own risk, try it on a small scratch first. Dont gimme lotsaa bad gallies later.

The seller told me I have to clean the scratch first then apply a little bit of paste and rub gently with a clean white piece of cloth.

I am located in Hyderabad, have a little bit of this paste. If you wanna try let me know. I live in Banjara Hills area.
Old 1st November 2006, 14:40   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quite contradictory, no offenses meant mate coz the name says " Commander Rust & Stain Remover " and I am still wondering how does it [SIZE=-1]camaflouge or even get rid of the scratches ? Thanks for the info.
[/SIZE]
Old 1st November 2006, 14:55   #10
BHPian

Not sure

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjstyles69
Quite contradictory, no offenses meant mate coz the name says " Commander Rust & Stain Remover " and I am still wondering how does it [SIZE=-1]camaflouge or even get rid of the scratches ? Thanks for the info.
[/SIZE]
Thats some thing I dont understand. As I mentioned probably it works by melting alil bit of paint in the area applied.

BTW it comes in a lil bottle with globe kindaa cap (unless the packaging has changed). Totally fice items[Stain remover, one spray to make rubber look clean and neat, windshield fluid, ?, ?]. The spray was working very well, rubber & plastic after application were glossy and made the car look so much better.

Let me know if you guys find it useful.

Last edited by sreenivass : 1st November 2006 at 14:58.
Old 1st November 2006, 14:56   #11
BANNED

cool... do post the details... i heard there are some 3M products available... do let me know please..
Old 10th November 2006, 03:28   #12

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

my advise would be to not try it on your car....tried something similar on my car and the paint has faded at that particular area.
Old 10th November 2006, 19:17   #13
Senior - BHPian

Paint in cans??

I have heard that we get spray paint canisters like deodrants cans. Most OE paints are available. I am searching for that in chennai. any one has an idea whether this works? I have a black car that is just impossible to maintain....
Old 10th November 2006, 19:56   #14
Senior - BHPian

@Mail4Ajo I found what you have been looking for about a week back when I was in bangalore. The same day the T-BHP meet happened.Infact you find OE colors and its priced @ 285-300 Rs/- per can.
Old 10th November 2006, 20:05   #15
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn
my advise would be to not try it on your car....tried something similar on my car and the paint has faded at that particular area.
Hellspawn, I second that - do not apply untested scratch removers on ur new car! (esp the Noida variety..). Just pay for a good touch up job at the dealer's - its worth it!

Most Viewed