Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st November 2006, 12:28   #1
BHPian

Hi Team-bhp,

Recently when i travelled in a State Run Bus(Which was "New",strange) in Chennai,observed that there was sticker in the windshield of the bus that "Four Finger clutch has been fitted.Drive Carefully".It would be great if any motorhead's here can shed some light on this?
Old 1st November 2006, 19:36   #2
BHPian

Well wish I were a motorhead, however with the truely miniscule knowledge that I have on the workings of a Clutch I guess it must mean the number of fingers present in the Clutch cover assembly which act on the release bearing on the pressure plate.... My wild guess is that our outdated Buses had something like three of them which have been upgraded (??????) to four which I guess must make them more sensitive in response hence the warning sticker....

Well, now anyhow, the gurus would be zooming in on the correct response to your query and I thought i'd rather keep them in good humor when they are here...

Disclaimer: The above has been written out of sheer ignorance (and some few mls of the finest brew) and definitely not outta arrogance... So do pardon me for after having replied to a call for motorheads... After all I'm here to learn....

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks