Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 4th November 2006, 14:55   #1
BHPian

Huge Problem !!!

hi all

i have a problem at hand. i gave my opel corsal sail 1.4 for a minor brake job at garuda service centre, bangalore. the problem was fixed.i had discussed this in an earlier thread about my brake pedal pulsating.they had to machine it down due to rust and it was clean fixed.

after i brought my car back home i realised the next day that my car has lost all the pick up it had.i had installed a K&N stock filter and believe me my car used to make an awesome sound.it was a little throaty and my car had this awesome pick-up.now its all gone.
i called the service centre and asked them if they had worked n tampered with the ECU or reset any diagnistics but they said NO!my car just does not feel like my car anymore and i'm scared to take it back to garuda again for anything.

i need help guys.please advice and your valuable suggestions will be a huge help for me.thanks
Old 4th November 2006, 20:56   #2
Senior - BHPian

hi stevie,
garuda will not do anything to fix this problem. probably you will have to take it to the place where you installed the K&N. they should be able to fix it.
Old 4th November 2006, 23:03   #3
BHPian

yes may be u have to take it to the place where u have got ur filters installed and have a check at the ecu also.
Old 4th November 2006, 23:20   #4
BHPian

ya take it back to the place where you fixed your filters from thats the best thing to do dont take it any where else or it might get even more worse.
Old 4th November 2006, 23:21   #5
BHPian

Also ensure that all 4 wheels are freely moving and brake is not hindering its movement
Old 5th November 2006, 02:00   #6
Senior - BHPian

check the brakes out...pads also...check your k&n too and if nothing still then seek help from a tuner near you.
Old 5th November 2006, 22:18   #7
BHPian

oh ok.....i spoke to my K&N guy but he's just an accessory store so he says i may have to be checked for its diagnostics.i also called BOSCH car care and they said i could go to get it checked.was wondering if i can also maybe consult sundaram if necessay.maybe thats not required.

i hope its nothing too big a problem to handle because driving wise it feels ok n smooth but just sluggish all of a sudden n that worries me.was planning a K&N performance filter but maybe i will put that on hold for now!
hey the accessory guy told me i cant fix a tacho for my corsa sail since the injection type is different n they cant fix it for opel.is that true?i dont think it correct since i have seen an astra with tacho n meter pod with 3 to 4 meters
.thanks for your suggestions.
Old 5th November 2006, 22:57   #8
Distinguished - BHPian

As Rohit said, ensure all 4 wheels are moving freely.

Somehow that seems to be the obvious solution. You just got some work done on your brakes.

Maybe the brakes (or brake) is holding back the wheel(wheels). Make sure each wheel is rotating freely.
Old 5th November 2006, 23:02   #9
Senior - BHPian

if the brakes are holding back your wheels..then i think its time to get a pair of new pads AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 6th November 2006, 21:25   #10
BHPian

do i have to hoist the vehicle in order to check the free movement of wheels?wont it be tight to a certain exten?how will i know it moving freely?what is free in terms of free movement?sorry to sound dumb but is there a degree of it being free that i can check?
Old 6th November 2006, 22:16   #11
BHPian

dud
jack up your car, one wheel at a time on the regular jack supplied with the car. Usually, wheel should rotate freely, without losing its momentum very fast ( i.e. wheel stops abruptly or even the rotation is heavy )

You can feel a heavy / retarded wheel very easily by simply judging the force you need to apply to rotate that particular wheel.
Old 7th November 2006, 09:54   #12
BHPian

hi
am gonna do that this morning and let you know how it went.hope all goes well.i am treating it as a huge problem because i have never seen my baby like this and its really killing me.

anyone aware of good opel mechanics in bangalore where i can service my car after the warranty is over!?
thanks again
Old 7th November 2006, 10:47   #13
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie
hi
anyone aware of good opel mechanics in bangalore where i can service my car after the warranty is over!?
thanks again
You won't need any!! Trust me, this is due to bad brake setting and jammed brakes. You would find out soon
Old 7th November 2006, 11:00   #14
BHPian

How do you feel the brakes are now? Sharp / soft? Also, do you get any noise?
I feel either the brakes are jamming up or the lathe didnt do a good job on the rotor.
Old 11th November 2006, 10:58   #15
BHPian

have gone through the same thing where the car felt very heavy when i got it back from service ..problem
is that my battery was disconected which i preseume reset my ECU ...try reseting it and then take her for a drive on a open road

Most Viewed