Go Back   Team-BHP > Under the Hood > Technical Stuff

Old 23rd September 2017, 16:15   #31
BHPian

Default Re: Ford Endeavour: Stalling & random acceleration issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
I did not get any answer for that question. Only thing I understood is some part in propeller shaft is loose which is making the noise. I feel its some manufacturing defect and definitely a one-off case unlike the CKP sensor problem which is a well documented problem across various models.
Hi Harsha,
Hows is your Endeavour doing now? Did any of the issues re-surface?
Aniket6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25th September 2017, 20:14   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Hi Harsha,
Hows is your Endeavour doing now? Did any of the issues re-surface?
Hi,
Endeavour is serving us extremely well and haven't had any issues till now. Have done approximately 17k kms after the replacement. Will update here once i get the 50k service done
harsha.muvva is offline   (2) Thanks Reply With Quote
Old 20th November 2017, 14:52   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
The rear propeller shaft was replaced under warranty and the car was delivered to me after a road test of approximately 250 kms yesterday. I have requested them to provide me a long extended warranty which is not available 'officially' from Ford India at the moment. I was informed they will discuss internally on this and will get back to me in a day or two with their decision.
I am also facing a similar problem with my endy. The car has been sent to Dhone Ford, Pune. They informed me that there is a problem with the propeller shaft and need to check with ford if it is covered under warranty.

Do i need to write to ford an inform them about the issue to hasten the process and claim warranty?

How did you manage to get a loaner vehicle from Ford? Is it offered by the dealer or the company? If its going to take two or three days fine but i would require a vehicle if it takes more than a week.
architkarpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6th December 2017, 23:11   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
I am also facing a similar problem with my endy. The car has been sent to Dhone Ford, Pune. They informed me that there is a problem with the propeller shaft and need to check with ford if it is covered under warranty.

Do i need to write to ford an inform them about the issue to hasten the process and claim warranty?

How did you manage to get a loaner vehicle from Ford? Is it offered by the dealer or the company? If its going to take two or three days fine but i would require a vehicle if it takes more than a week.
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have always kept "Ford India" in loop as I felt it will definitely speed up the process. I have asked the company to provide me a loaner vehicle. They offered to give me either a monetary compensation or loaner vehicle.
harsha.muvva is offline   Reply With Quote