Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 23rd September 2017, 16:15   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford Endeavour: Stalling & random acceleration issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by harsha.muvva View Post
I did not get any answer for that question. Only thing I understood is some part in propeller shaft is loose which is making the noise. I feel its some manufacturing defect and definitely a one-off case unlike the CKP sensor problem which is a well documented problem across various models.
Hi Harsha,
Hows is your Endeavour doing now? Did any of the issues re-surface?
Old 25th September 2017, 20:14   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aniket6 View Post
Hi Harsha,
Hows is your Endeavour doing now? Did any of the issues re-surface?
Hi,
Endeavour is serving us extremely well and haven't had any issues till now. Have done approximately 17k kms after the replacement. Will update here once i get the 50k service done
harsha.muvva is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 20th November 2017, 14:52   #33
BHPian

Quote:
The rear propeller shaft was replaced under warranty and the car was delivered to me after a road test of approximately 250 kms yesterday. I have requested them to provide me a long extended warranty which is not available 'officially' from Ford India at the moment. I was informed they will discuss internally on this and will get back to me in a day or two with their decision.
I am also facing a similar problem with my endy. The car has been sent to Dhone Ford, Pune. They informed me that there is a problem with the propeller shaft and need to check with ford if it is covered under warranty.

Do i need to write to ford an inform them about the issue to hasten the process and claim warranty?

How did you manage to get a loaner vehicle from Ford? Is it offered by the dealer or the company? If its going to take two or three days fine but i would require a vehicle if it takes more than a week.
Old 6th December 2017, 23:11   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
I am also facing a similar problem with my endy. The car has been sent to Dhone Ford, Pune. They informed me that there is a problem with the propeller shaft and need to check with ford if it is covered under warranty.

Do i need to write to ford an inform them about the issue to hasten the process and claim warranty?

How did you manage to get a loaner vehicle from Ford? Is it offered by the dealer or the company? If its going to take two or three days fine but i would require a vehicle if it takes more than a week.
Hi,

Sorry for the delayed reply. I have always kept "Ford India" in loop as I felt it will definitely speed up the process. I have asked the company to provide me a loaner vehicle. They offered to give me either a monetary compensation or loaner vehicle.
Old 6th April 2019, 14:05   #35
BHPian

Quote:
Will update here once i get the 50k service done
Quote:
Originally Posted by architkarpe View Post
Hi Guys - Hope your Endy's are doing good. I'm trying to get as much first hand long term feedback as possible before making up my mind to buy one.

It will be nice to hear updates about your vehicles.
Old 8th April 2019, 01:21   #36
BHPian

I have this problem from a long time. Came across this thread today. Mine is a March 2016 model 3.2 titanium. as far as I can remember once in few months the vehicle would refuse to start randomly. sometimes the whole vehicle would shudder while cranking and refuse to start. If I take out the key and try starting after few minutes it would start. service center checked couple of times but could not find any error code. 3 months back the vehicle just refused to start. ford service center sent a tow truck and they tried jump starting thinking battery is dead. they tried for 20 mins before finally succeeding. I found it really strange that it took so long. Service adviser said not to worry battery sometimes goes into sleep mode.

One month later the vehicle was parked at home and refused to start. service center sent a tow truck and tried to jump start for 30 mins but failed. service technician then crawled under the vehicle and said there is damage to wiring under the vehicle due to rats. I asked for a flat bed and sent the vehicle on the flat bed to the service center.

They checked and said wiring to some sensor is damaged and that they will repair it. I found it strange since we have 4 vehicles and all are parked almost together why should rats only choose this vehicle. Next day I got the vehicle back and had to pay around 6500 rupees since they said rat damage is not covered under warranty (I have 4 years extended warranty). Service adviser said not to worry, problem will not recur.

This was towards January end. Post this incident vehicle was fine except for the slightly sluggish delay in cranking every now and then. Few days back I was on my way back home from a highway drive and had parked on the side of the highway to purchase something and on trying to start, the vehicle would start and rpm would shoot up even without any accelerator input and then stall. Tried few times then took out the key and waited few minutes and tried again and vehicle started, after few kilometers at a busy intersection the vehicle just stalled while on the move. Luckily, I was able to drift to the side and stop and same problem recurred of vehicle not starting, waiting for few minutes and then it started.

In between all this I had called the service adviser and informed about the recurrence of this problem. He was going to send someone but later I called back and told him I will take the vehicle home as I have some other work to attend to will get it myself to service center next day. Was busy last week so next week will take it. Looks like its not Rat problem and they need to change the sensor and wiring. Pretty scary if the vehicle stalls at highway speed with loss of electronics. I was lucky the when it stalled, I was at slow speed at a busy intersection. Will update once they resolve this problem.

Last edited by dockap : 8th April 2019 at 01:23.
dockap is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 8th April 2019, 09:49   #37
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
I have this problem from a long time. Came across this thread today.
I am not a Ford engineer or mechanic but would like to highlight a few things.

1. If there was a rat attack, it will usually be around the engine area and there will be evidence of eaten wires and rat poop, and also bad odour. The service centre just guessed your problem by hit and trial and changed a few sensors plus charged you, which should have ideally be done under warranty. You could have asked for damaged wires. Rats will not just attack sensors, they will attack all rubber parts including wires. And rewiring cannot be done in one day, it takes time.

2. Since there is no error code and your vehicle seems fine, there could be an issue with the starting motor. Kindly have it checked.

3. Have a battery health check from a good batterywala near your house, just to double check if all is ok.

Last edited by ampere : 15th April 2019 at 06:46. Reason: Compacted quoted post
ruzbehxyz is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 11th April 2019, 22:16   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rovingeye View Post

It will be nice to hear updates about your vehicles.
Quote:
Originally Posted by dockap View Post
Few days back I was on my way back home from a highway drive and had parked on the side of the highway to purchase something and on trying to start, the vehicle would start and rpm would shoot up even without any accelerator input and then stall. Tried few times then took out the key and waited few minutes and tried again and vehicle started, after few kilometers at a busy intersection the vehicle just stalled while on the move. Luckily, I was able to drift to the side and stop and same problem recurred of vehicle not starting, waiting for few minutes and then it started.
Hey,

Sorry for not updating this thread. My endeavour has crossed 1,00,000 kilometres recently and the problem for which i have started the thread have not recurred till date in the past 60k kilometres, so i think the issue is pretty much resolved. however i would like to share the following

1. This stalling and random acceleration is a well known and document issue among ford cars especially in SUVs across the world. You can check out multiple US ford forums regarding this. In most of the cases it was solved by changing the CMP/CKP sensor (like mine) or in few cases changing the entire wiring harness resolved the issue. I suggest you to explore this option

2. Keep Ford India in loop, drop them an email. It hardly takes five minutes but will make your life much easier. On this note, I also suggest you to either demand compensation from Ford for your travel expenses/take a loaner vehicle. In my case, I have asked them for a free extended warranty which they happily provided.

3. I don't think this issue can be solved at dealership level, unless they had prior experience before. So i suggest you to demand a Senior technician from the factory.

4. Apart from the sensor issues, for some reason endeavours battery drains quickly if ICE is used on Ignition. So be careful not run the car on ignition for longer time.

Hope i provided the details you are looking for. Don't get disheartened by this episode. I personally endeavour is THE SUV to purchase if one is looking for personal use even now.
harsha.muvva is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 4th October 2021, 16:57   #39
BHPian

I am facing this issue in my 2016 3.2 Titanium with about 60K on the Odo. My previous issues with the vehicle being,

1) Headlamp alignment issue (replaced under warranty)

2) EGR failure issue (fixed with 50% cost absorbed by Ford India).

Now to this issue;

1) I felt some kind of hesitancy in rpm building up randomly while driving within the city. It was off and on couple of weeks ago and hence did not mind the same

2) Last week, after a run of about 40kms and while starting the car after taking a shopping break, the car kept cranking for a prolonged time before the engine got started. Once the engine got running, I got back the rpm hesitancy and it felt like the engine might switch off randomly

3) Drove around cautiously in 1/2 gear in manual mode while trying to keep the engine rpm fairly high. After about 2 kms, the engine lost it and I had to safely move over to the shoulder with the Wrench symbol lit up

4) Tried to start the car again but it would not. After giving it some 10 mins, the car started again with no signs of the engine trouble. The car covered back 30 kms without any issue

5) The next day, the car started normally but after having run for 1-2kms, the engine stopped while doing 25km/hr. Got the car to the pavement side and gave a crank again and it started

6) Did not want to take any chance again and had the car taken to Ford service today

7) Tried Ford Service and Arumbakkam (Chennai). Was informed that they dont have technicians anymore for the Endeavour and suggested that I take the car to Ambattur workshop. On calling them to confirm, they refused to have a look citing the same reason - no technician

8) Finally took the car to Ford at Ekatuthangal (Near Hilton Hotels) at around 12Noon. Got a call from the SA that after cleaning the CMP sensor, they have got the error again and need somemore time to diagonise.

9) I was also flatly told that they haven't heard of this kind of issue in Endeavour before nor have Ford given them any bulletin on the same, even after I hinted them of the conversation going on in this thread

10) Car is in the workshop. Awaiting the next status update by tomorrow afternoon

Oh my Ford! What have you done???!
vijay.sundar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed