Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 22nd May 2017, 19:43   #106
BHPian

Re: Maruti S-Cross 1.6L – Sudden death of the 320 DDiS engine

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalin1 View Post
Clutch, brake etc- Bad driving habits.
You are right . I had to replace whole clutch assembly in my petrol Ritz even though I was complaining about it from day 1. Initially Fortpoint (Thane) told me that I'll get used to it after driving 1000kms. Eventually after 5000 kms it started slipping and they put the whole blame on me stating "bad driving habit". I had to shell out from my own pocket to replace complete clutch assembly

In my whole ownership experience with 5 different cars, I've not replaced clutch in any of my them. By the time I had to upgrade ,some of them had even completed 60k-70k kms on odo, which gives us a hint about the quality of parts used by Maruti in their products. The only good reason to buy Maruti is the ease of sourcing spare parts even after the vehicle is discontinued.
rahulskumar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 20:31   #107
BHPian

How can the company or the service center blame it on adulterated fuel? Is the owner expected to check the density and quality as prescribed by the oil companies before every tank fill ? Why cant the car companies do this sensing and move the car to limp mode before damaging the car any further? Why should the owner be liable for this ?

I have diesel polo and a petrol sx4, and stick to trusted petrol bunks for my daily drives. But on long drives it is not feasible to check the quality of fuel dispensed at bunks along the highways, and can only avoid "shady" bunks.
raghu.t.k is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 21:11   #108
BHPian

100BHP,

I am shocked to see the pictures of your car. My car(1.3 S-Cross Delta) broke down in the middle of peak hour traffic near UP/Delhi border on NH-24 on 8th May. Another BHPian from Delhi gaurav_3000ad's car(1.3 S-Cross) broke down in Dehradun last weekend. I and Gaurav both have shared our experience with NEXA Road Side Assistance, SC and MSIL on the S-Cross thread.

Its time like these when you come to know that there is no such thing as NEXA and we are just another MSIL customer. I am yet to see and feel the so called NEXA experience. After 4 regular service and 1 break down I feel that NEXA has failed. It has been close to 2 years and we are yet to see NEXA SCs.

When my car broke down, I had refused to leave the SC floor till they diagnose the fault with my car. They also cleared all the error codes without asking me. It was a laid back attitude from the mechanics and SA. I left for home dejected on Day 1 and gave my feedback to MSIL. Next day, MSIL forwarded my mail to the dealer and everyone was on their toes to fix my car. MSIL mail to the dealer can do wonders, the Workshop Manager told me because of you the SA would have to pay a fine of 5k from his pocket, there was no need of escalation according to him. I was without a car for 4 days and was not offered any loaner car

Before the S-Cross we had Wagon-R for 7 years which was serviced at MSIL throughout the ownership. I shifted to Delhi/NCR in 2012 when our Wagon-R was 3.5 years old. I am yet to see the level of professionalism and the attitude of the SCs here that I saw in Bombay, we always opted for pickup and drop service in Bombay but after shifting to Delhi/NCR we always made sure to keep an eye on our car during the service.

I fully sympathize with you. Don't let the dealer and MSIL get away.

I stay in Indirapuram, please PM me in case you need any help on the ground.

All the best

Last edited by sinharishi : 22nd May 2017 at 21:30.
sinharishi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 22:46   #109
Distinguished - BHPian

Let the tweets begin

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L – Sudden death of the 320 DDiS engine-capture.jpg

Request all BHPians who are on twitter to re-tweet and spread the word.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 23:20   #110
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Let the tweets begin
Kindly share the Tweet link here. It would be easy for opening and re-tweeting.

Regards

Vinu
myavu is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 23:24   #111
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by myavu View Post
Kindly share the Tweet link here.
Here you go:

https://twitter.com/swiftshashi/stat...02865565396993

Quote:
Let the tweets begin
I have re-tweeted.

Last edited by a4anurag : 22nd May 2017 at 23:27.
a4anurag is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2017, 23:46   #112
BHPian

100BHP. Really sad and shocked to read this thread.
Hope you can get this resolved asap.

I have found that "Twitter" is the most powerful weapon of the social media. Please do use it.

To come back to the problem :
The general consensus seems to be that the oil was overfilled (old oil not drained out) at the last service. However, as the last service was almost exactly a month before this incident took place, surely there would have been some symptoms before the 1st. of May?

Just my 2 cents.

SS
Old 23rd May 2017, 00:04   #113
BHPian

Indeed it is quite disheartening to note that the leader in the industry is going all the way to cheat the customers. Yes, MSIL has to be blamed for all the nonsense around this particular dealership which has wrecked havoc on PO.

100BHP, try finding out at the service station, immediately who all left the job after your vehicle was taken there for inspection. Trust me, the highly qualified idiot who would have tinkered with your PO will no longer be with the dealership.

Get the details of this fellow and get a confession.

I will pray to lord for getting your PO in supreme condition back and tweet about this to every cabinet minister in the GOI.
MDED is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 00:04   #114
Senior - BHPian

I do not know whether to laugh or cry. Seeing the car in this condition make me cry, where as Maruti blaming the incident on adulterated fuel makes me laugh. At least they should have handled the car professionally inside the service centre. The way they have dumped the parts within a car, which is the prized possession of someone, makes my blood boil.

This incident shows that India's most trusted vehicle brand cannot be really trusted when there is an odd case. Hope Maruti shows some sense and handle this care properly. Otherwise, they should just confine themselves to Alto and Celerio and do not venture into premium business to become another Skoda.
PatienceWins is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 02:12   #115
BHPian

What does Maruti Suzuki really hope to achieve with NEXA if customers and their hard earned machines are treated like this. I had read quite a few ownership reviews where people did not get the actual NEXA experience during delivery of their new vehicles even. @100BHP I feel so sorry for you, man. I have re-tweeted what @Leoshashi has written. I hope things work out for you.

On a side note, once we had an issue with a service centre around 5-6 years back. We had a Baleno Lxi, and it broke down during a marriage trip. It was towed to the nearest service centre and fuel pump was diagnosed as the issue? Since the spare part had to arrive from Japan, the car was left in the service centre for two weeks. When we received the car back, it had dirt and grease on the upholstery and steering wheel and centre console. The car perfume was missing and there was a scratch on the right side of the hood. We wrote an e-mail to Maruti and in two days all the issues were rectified. I don't know what has happened to that Maruti Suzuki company we could count on! I guess the NEXA experience is only in their ads.
Old 23rd May 2017, 03:30   #116
Senior - BHPian

OK.

After owning a ford ikon and getting serviced and cheated, every time, I go to the service station to pick up the car, and would religiously check all the fuel levels. I am going to continue this practice.

This adulterated fuel business has been going on for far too long. Can we get an insurance policy add-on that covers this?

Edit:

Maruti insurance does not explicitly say that fuel adulteration is not covered, so it a grey area.

https://marutistoragenew.blob.core.w...Conditions.pdf

What insurance and add-ons do you have? Does it explicitly say in the policy term and condition that it is not covered. If it is does not explicitly specify adulterated fuel, you may be able to contest it in someway.

Last edited by govigov : 23rd May 2017 at 03:38.
Old 23rd May 2017, 06:33   #117
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Let the tweets begin

Attachment 1641213

Regards,
Shashi
Quote:
Originally Posted by a4anurag View Post
Thanks for the link. I've been following this thread since day one and have sent a mail to MSIL and had tweeted also. I feel sad for the way the issue as well as the car has been handled. It really hurts when such thing happens to a car lover. My brother's Ritz has always been serviced at Rohan Motors in Gurgaon and I've found them fine except once when they called to say that the front shockers have gone kaput. I made a lot of hue and cry that time which has its effects. Mostly they would do what I asked for and nothing extra.

Here is a link to my tweets. https://twitter.com/funnyfinha/statu...25168464101377

https://twitter.com/funnyfinha/statu...51140019978242
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti S-Cross 1.6L – Sudden death of the 320 DDiS engine-img_20170523_063201.jpg  

Maruti S-Cross 1.6L – Sudden death of the 320 DDiS engine-screenshot_20170523063552_01.png  

Last edited by BoneCollector : 23rd May 2017 at 06:38.
BoneCollector is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 07:02   #118
MCR
BHPian

The way the parts are thrown over shows utter lack of professionalism both at the dealer and also at the Company. But the golden question here is, how did bad fuel quality destroy the engine? There is no tell tale signs of Injector tip breakage (the piston has not melted) as well. Looks like Maruti is trying to make the Customer pay by talking bullshit about bad fuel quality!

Maruti is too big to be bothered by Social media and bad press, I guess.
Old 23rd May 2017, 07:13   #119
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by BoneCollector View Post
Thanks for the link. I've been following this thread since day one and have sent a mail to MSIL and had tweeted also.
I have re-tweeted both your tweets. Thank you.

-x-x-x-

It's high time Maruti acts on the issue and also gets their act together especially with the 1.6 engine else the future of that engine is bleak. It is, I think, their best offering till date but with an​ half hearted effort.

They should know how to handle customers and their possessions with utmost care. The way parts are strewn around feels like a Tata 407 or a Tata 3515 truck has come for service. I mean, it is above my head to see those dents on the car, missing knobs on the HU. Damn! At the end of the day, the dealer will blame Mohit for the dents and missing parts making him pay just like their fantastic towing service.

One thing that gets me on my nerves is why isn't all of this seen now by the ASC guys? At regular times they have the guts to ask the customer (read pester) to reward them 10/10 marks on their feedback sheet or if anyone from Head Office calls up.

Can't fathom why this love is extended only when they need some help and why can't the same be extended to a customer who is at the receiving end looking for a Swift action to the issue being faced by him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCR View Post
Maruti is too big to be bothered by Social media and bad press, I guess.
That only time will tell Sir. If they are genuinely worried or bothered of customer satisfaction or reputation, they'll act.

"Bhagwan ke ghar der hai andher nahi"

Translation:

There is delay in god's house not darkness"

Last edited by a4anurag : 23rd May 2017 at 07:20.
a4anurag is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd May 2017, 08:02   #120
Senior - BHPian

716 followers on twitter and 1k ++ more on facebook saw this now. And thanks for letting me know, I was considering a second car, Nexa is scratched off the list.

Quote:
Let the tweets begin

Attachment 1641213

Regards,
Shashi
hserus is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed