Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st July 2009, 20:59   #226
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by janitha View Post
After reading all the posts, I feel it is a psychological performance booster. Like the placebo effect.
I dont think so.
I had almost always been using ordinary diesel with SystemD in my Indica.
For the past four fills (andy its always the full-to-empty fills) I had not suplimented it with the normal dose of System D, partly because I forgot and partly because I ran out of it. The car had not been performing good- a typical feel of sluggish power wit AC on- bad pic-up etc. As my 60K service was due I thought of getting the FIP serviced because initially there was a problem with the unit and it was subsequently repaired which had a drastic efect on the cars performance. Lazyness prevailed and I did not service the car till the next fill. This time I dosed it with a generous amount of SytemD and believe me the performance was unbelieveably changed. So much so that I was to write this immideately but then 'lazyness prevailed'.
Thanks for your comment and I just could not resist.
Again believe me its a damn good product. Use ordinary deisel and add SystemD.
However I have observed that the bottle has a good dose measuring feature but the lid is bad. Always keep the bottle vertical in the car and possibly wrap it in a plastic.
Some time back the whole bottle emptied in the Safari- the damn thing leaked from the lid. Had this horrible stink in the vehicle till I relised the source at the gas station. Bad for health and walet.
Have had similar issue in the Indica too several times.
Old 1st July 2009, 21:03   #227
Senior - BHPian

janitha, have you tried it yourself? Not sure about your fiat engine , but it works wonders on tata engines. Heck, its tata recommended, and almost all indica owners have had a positive experience with it. I wouldn't have bought out the entire stock of our local pump if it hadn't made a good difference

Last edited by greenhorn : 1st July 2009 at 21:16.
Old 1st July 2009, 21:05   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravi Kashyap View Post
I have observed that the bottle has a good dose measuring feature but the lid is bad. Always keep the bottle vertical in the car and possibly wrap it in a plastic.
Some time back the whole bottle emptied in the Safari- the damn thing leaked from the lid. Had this horrible stink in the vehicle till I relised the source at the gas station. Bad for health and walet.
Have had similar issue in the Indica too several times.
I second all that you said , except about the leaky lid. I have had no issues at all ! I dont wrap them and they are seldom in vertical postion, always horizontal.
Probably system D has issues with the lid, not system G lol
Old 1st July 2009, 21:48   #229
Team-BHP Support

System G works great with FORD petrol engine running on normal petrol. Alternate tank fulls is what it requires to get your FE and power up
Jaggu is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 1st July 2009, 22:31   #230
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaggu View Post
System G works great with FORD petrol engine running on normal petrol. Alternate tank fulls is what it requires to get your FE and power up
Hi Jaggu, just a doubt. How can one say for sure about the increase in power without actually measuring it ( rolling road or dyno ) . FE can be explained , attributing to the Odo !
I am always confused when people pride themselves with gain in power without actually going on a roller or dyno.

My point here is, is there any software that can be attached to ECU while driving to analyze the gains ?
Please advise

Cheers
Old 1st July 2009, 22:32   #231
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
janitha, have you tried it yourself? Not sure about your fiat engine , but it works wonders on tata engines. Heck, its tata recommended, and almost all indica owners have had a positive experience with it. I wouldn't have bought out the entire stock of our local pump if it hadn't made a good difference
Please let me know where at Trivandrum System D is available so that I can get it next time I come there. Not available anywhere at Kollam. Yesterday when I enquired at Kundara 4 bottles were available and I was about to buy them all when I noticed the manufacturing date to be 2004! The MRP was less than Rs.200/-
Old 1st July 2009, 22:39   #232
BHPian

Quote:
Please let me know where at Trivandrum System D is available so that I can get it next time I come there. Not available anywhere at Kollam. Yesterday when I enquired at Kundara 4 bottles were available and I was about to buy them all when I noticed the manufacturing date to be 2004! The MRP was less than Rs.200/-
try company owned bigger outlets of HP.
Old 1st July 2009, 22:50   #233
BHPian

Where can i source system D in Trichur Kerala? i checked some BP and IBP pumps here and they have not even heard of this name.
Old 1st July 2009, 23:00   #234
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I bought it from the petrol pump near St Mary's school. I hear motor plaza at sreekaryam has also a good amount of them in stock

I think mine is also a bit old. will check The MRP is 198 IIRC
Old 2nd July 2009, 00:51   #235
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
Hi Jaggu, just a doubt. How can one say for sure about the increase in power without actually measuring it ( rolling road or dyno ) . FE can be explained , attributing to the Odo !
I am always confused when people pride themselves with gain in power without actually going on a roller or dyno.

My point here is, is there any software that can be attached to ECU while driving to analyze the gains ?
Please advise

Cheers
You are right, when i meant power up, i meant from the butt dyno its not scientific and don't think its even a bhp more lol But the car will feel smoother and free while reving, which will make it feel faster so let me correct the statement to faster set up.

Softwares for ECU am not sure, but you can try some minature electronic dyno's like Gtech or for that matter iPhone app to find out difference if any.

Quote:
Originally Posted by srikant View Post
Where can i source system D in Trichur Kerala? i checked some BP and IBP pumps here and they have not even heard of this name.
Check with Ford service, they market it alot at dealerships.

Last edited by Jaggu : 2nd July 2009 at 00:54.
Old 2nd July 2009, 01:10   #236
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vdiatech View Post
I second all that you said , except about the leaky lid. I have had no issues at all ! I dont wrap them and they are seldom in vertical postion, always horizontal.
Probably system D has issues with the lid, not system G lol
Well, I have this leak issue with both System G and System 2 3!! I have to keep them wrapped in a polythene bag to avoid the spill as I cant ensure its always vertical while carrying. Also, at the time of using it, I get some on my hands as I have to open the bottle. Really hate that part of it. Once I was so pissied, i almost wrote a mail to IFTEX... didn't get around to it dude to lack of time...
Old 2nd July 2009, 10:29   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

@Racoon, looks like you have been getting the bad pieces. Have been using System-D for about 2 years+ now, and never ever had that problem. The bottle is mostly in a horizontal position, with the lid on the lower side. Some fluid does come through the pipe inside & into the measuring area, but Never ever out of the cap.

p.s:: I even rinse the empty bottles with diesel to get those last few drops :-)
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:50   #238
BANNED

I fully agree with raccoon. I used System G for about 4 years until Premium became available. The oily film was a menace all the time. Almost, forced me to switch to 10ml sachets. Fortunately, the cost was about the same from bottle or sachet.
Old 2nd July 2009, 11:57   #239
Senior - BHPian

I'm not even sure if system D increases performance at all. But an indica is no street racer, and needs the smoothness much more than it needs performance, so I'm quite happy with the results
Old 2nd July 2009, 12:49   #240
BHPian

System D is available in all Tata Authorised Service Stations
BPCL pumps dont stock System-D nowadays, they try to push Speed Diesel instead.
Ford ASC seem to have run out of stock, atleast in Bangalore.
So, I called up TATA Dealers, & guess what , every ASC has stock.
System-D available in Tata ASC have different sticker with photos of Tata Sumo & Indica on them, & the words " Tata Motors co-branded products" & " approved for Tata Sumo/Safari/Indica", other than that there is no difference, they have old stock & hence old price: RS.198 for 250ml instead of Rs.250 for 250ml.
I just picked up from concorde motors. The guy looked at me in a strange way when I asked him as to how many bottles of System-D stock he was left with.
I picked up 5 bottles for Rs.990/-

Last edited by GSMINC : 2nd July 2009 at 12:51.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks