Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th June 2007, 11:55   #31
Senior - BHPian

Where can i get system G in hyderabad, how much does it cost and how much of it should i put in 30 litres of unleaded petrol ???
Old 14th June 2007, 12:56   #32
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Where can i get system G in hyderabad, how much does it cost and how much of it should i put in 30 litres of unleaded petrol ???
On any petrol bunk. It costs around 250 Rs per bottle. 1ml per liter of Petrol. (or is it 2?)
Old 14th June 2007, 13:43   #33
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RX135 View Post
On any petrol bunk. It costs around 250 Rs per bottle. 1ml per liter of Petrol. (or is it 2?)
Not in ANY petrol bunk. Iftex System G is ONLY available in Bharat Petroleum outlets.

1ml per liter is the recommended dosage.

Alternatively try Sonax injector fluid. Costs around the same or lil more but fill in not more than half the contents in a tank full. Repeat this once every 5000 kms.
Old 14th June 2007, 13:49   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooldude1988765 View Post
Hi Cooddude,
You can get SYstem G at BP outlet opposite Sangeet Theater in SEcunderabad. I could not find in any other BP station in hyderabad, except above. It costs Rs.250 per bottle and you need to add 1ml per one liter of petrol. I suggest you to use System G with only unleaded petrol. No need to add systemG with premium fuels.
Old 23rd July 2007, 00:48   #35
Senior - BHPian

The M.A.S.S also recommends this, but with the sole intention of making more money out of the customer. But does it really serve any purpose at all ?
Old 6th September 2007, 22:41   #36
BHPian

Fuel Additives

What exactly are fuel additives (System G etc) ? What Gain/Harm can they cause ? How often should one use them ? Which are the best brands in India ? Are they safe/recommended for all cars ?
Old 7th September 2007, 14:59   #37
Senior - BHPian

I havent faced any issues so far due to the additives. It basically cleans out the carb's or the injectors and ensures lesser carbon deposits on the valves. The difference i have noticed is smoother engine and slightly higher FE (maybe 0.5kmpl). But its worth a try as most of the bunks pump out bad quality fuel.
Old 7th September 2007, 15:06   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vishesh View Post
What exactly are fuel additives (System G etc) ? What Gain/Harm can they cause ? How often should one use them ? Which are the best brands in India ? Are they safe/recommended for all cars ?
System G is used at the rate of 1ml/liter of petrol. There are markings on the bottle (which has a filler so when the bottle is squeezed, the fluid fills up into the filler of the bottle).

System G is recommended by GM, Ford etc (says so on the bottle).

Other alternate brands I have used is Sonax. If you use Sonax just ensure you pour only half the contents in a full tank of fuel... not the whole bottle as it is very concentrated (read the instructions on the bottle).

I am yet to try STP although i have heard it is very good.

Sonax costs around INR 400 more or less IIRC and System G costs INR 250.

Havent used any in the last few months and my car is slightly rough especially at low rpm's. Gonna buy a bottle today.
Old 7th September 2007, 15:19   #39
Senior - BHPian

Could the feel good factor be psychological? The additive manufacturers claim the performance and as I read somewhere here, approved by manufacturers of cars is also a claim by these additive manufacturers.
Old 7th September 2007, 15:29   #40
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gd1418 View Post
Could the feel good factor be psychological? The additive manufacturers claim the performance and as I read somewhere here, approved by manufacturers of cars is also a claim by these additive manufacturers.
The effects could be psychological. But i am sure the carbon deposits on the valves will be lesser when this additive is used, which could in some way relate to a smoother engine. Maybe the experts can throw more light on it. The difference as I mentioned is marginally noticeable.
Old 7th September 2007, 16:17   #41
BHPian

Can some one , alos highlight on the product differences in Sonax, System G and others( with cost).

How to use?, I used to drop 2 filler cups on system g for 20 ltr fill up (1ml/ltr), on the other hand i see peopel pouring entire bottle?

Can some one calrify ....

Thanks,
Old 7th September 2007, 16:19   #42
BHPian

I have never tried a fuel additive. Can these be added to any car. I have got a palio , can I use it in my car? I was thinking of using system G
Old 7th September 2007, 16:28   #43
BHPian

yes,
fuel additives go with all cars mostly, they are aimed at as cleaning the system and there by drive smoothness and very mariginal better FE.
Old 7th September 2007, 17:40   #44
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VC12 View Post
Can someone, also highlight on the product differences in Sonax, System G and others( with cost).

How to use?, I used to drop 2 filler cups on system g for 20 ltr fill up (1ml/ltr), on the other hand i see peopel pouring entire bottle?
VC12, the directions are mentioned on the packaging/label on the bottle itself. Sonax recommends that it should be used ONLY once every 5000 KMS. And the entire content of the bottle is good for approx. 65-70 ltrs of fuel. So this ratio is best suited for cars with big fuel tanks.

I used half a bottle of Sonax for a full tank of fuel in my esteem (once in 5k KMS). Never use more than the specified quantity. I'm not sure if this can cause any damage but its better to be safe than sorry.

On the product differences, I cannot comment much as I have used Sonax only once while I have used System G for over a year, for every tankful (@1ml/ltr). I could say the quality of Sonax was better but i dont have any proof or tests to substantiate this. Its just my perception... Sonax costs around INR 400 for a bottle while SystemG costs INR 250 for a bottle.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishibravo View Post
I have never tried a fuel additive. Can these be added to any car. I have got a palio , can I use it in my car? I was thinking of using system G
You can use SystemG or any other additive like Sonax in most fuel injected or carburreted cars.
Old 7th September 2007, 17:46   #45
Senior - BHPian

Recently used Bardhal in my car, was told by the service guy that it protects the engine. have heard its good from many. but not sure what exactly it does.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks