Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2016, 13:02   #706
BHPian

Re: The fuel additives thread

Came across this on FB today. Has any one heard of or has any experience with this treatment?

From an FB post:
''I am not a believer in the mumbo jumbo in the world of automobiles and more so when it comes to claims of increasing performance and mileage of engines.
So when the other day my friend Muralidhar recommended that I meet David Eshkol, I was kind of skeptical. Despite the misgivings I dropped in at his workbase at Karkhana near KFC in Secunderabad, India, since it was on the way back to my residence.
Five minutes into the conversation, David explained his concept to me and had me hooked into what he was doing in his technical operations. Using a new technology concept of implosive plasma and ultra-sonic cavitation he took me into the subject matter of implosion verses explosion and how he was able to totally rejuvenate vehicle engines from inside out without the need of opening any parts of the engine.
I agreed to his terms and David started his process on my car, two hours later the process was completed. Next he took me on a test ride & I could clearly observe and feel the positive difference immediately. It was almost as though I was driving a new car right out of the showroom, despite my Tata Indigo car having done over 1,35,000 kms on road. David’s system worked like charm and like an anti-ageing therapy on my car engine.
"These is my attempt to help vehicle owners to improve the life of the engine, improve pickup, improve fuel efficiency, improve engine smoothness, improve torque & thrust, at the same time reduce toxic exhaust emissions." adds David.
He named the system 5M Engine Boost, the system laproscopically does the job of reducing friction on metal surfaces deep inside the engine by way of implosion and ultrasonics, David claims to have commercially processed 100’s of automobile engines successfully as of date, he says there is no negative effect on the engine in the long run. The 5M Engine Boost System rejuvenates engines, reduces driver fatigue, saves fuel, saves environment by way of reducing toxic emissions from the exhaust pipe of the engine adds David.
"Globally in the engine tuning and dyno tuning shops of the performance boost market people use RICH / LEAN mixtures of air fuel ratios to satisfy the customers, they do ECU / ECM remaps and manipulate the 14.7 : 1 stoichiometric air fuel ratio, they also use software’s and hi-tech gadgets, this method is unsafe for the engine it can damage the engine in due course. Fuel and lube additives too are unsafe for the engine in the long run, because they contain corrosive chemicals that can leach-out metal surfaces of the core combustion components of the modern day engines." adds David.
David is an engineer, a passionate innovator & developer of automobile engine efficiency boost systems by profession, he specializes in IC engine combustion processes, David had honed his skills in Italy, France, USA, his last deputation was in East Africa till he had to relocate to India (his mother land) to take care of his aging parents.
After arrival he started and got working on his idea / dream project on large scale industrial scenarios, and almost by-fluke of experiments trial & error he discovered the 5M Engine Boost Technic that would improve performance of the vehicle engines both of two wheelers and four wheelers.
David can be reached 24x7 on 99 497 497 22"
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3d...hIed34qTEfHq2w
Old 12th June 2016, 10:55   #707
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
Hi,

came across Mahle Diesel Treatment additive :

yday added to my Xylo (full tank diesel), will see if any effect and report.

regards,
No Effect!! Didnt find any effect (either +ve or -ve).
Old 12th June 2016, 11:14   #708
BANNED

I think it may be the latest version of snake oil. Nothing more. Unless you have a badly gummed up fuel system any such treatments will have only a marginal effect at best.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd July 2016, 01:16   #709
BHPian

I have tested out Both ABRO Diesel Injector Cleaner and STC Injector Cleaner over a period of 5000 km on my Swift VDI recently. From my personal experience, did these cleaners increased performance of my car --- NO, They didn't.

Over a course of 5000 km i decided to use the ABRO Injector Cleaner first. Poured the bottle of the cleaner in the completely filled fuel tank, and drove the car till the fuel was on reserve. 100km into the additive containing fuel and the effected were evident. The NVH levels at idle were way downnnn. I couldn't believe that my car was this smooth at idle almost like a brand new engine. The engine revved smoother. vibrations from the gear lever to the accelerator and clutch pedal were reduced than before. 250 km into the additive containing fuel- smoothness was even further increased. I can clearly remember that while negotiating a U-Turn i turned the vehicle and depressed the clutch pedal while in second gear and during and after the turn i thought that the engine had died out and ill have to restart my engine now. while releasing the clutch pedal i realized that engine was still running but was soo smooth at idle that i couldn't feel it running. While the car was at reserve, i decided to get some performance numbers on this additive. i used a gps based app on my phone, also calculated the acceleration figure using a stop watch. On the first run i gave the car too much accelerator input and smoked both the front tires for a good 50 feet leaving number 11 all over the road(Check out the pictures). On a clean run the 0 to 100 time of 13.88 second was similar to the standard claimed time of 13.68 seconds which i got on the first week of taking the delivery of the car. No difference in performance what-so-ever. Same results were achieved using the STP Injector Cleaner. After using these cleaners, getting to know the chemicals used in them, I know that they have detergent based chemicals added to them which harm the engines in the long run. Most of these cleaners have the basic chemical known as PEA or PolyehterAmine which in long run can increase metal to metal friction inside the engine block and increase wear and tear over the valves. So there is no way i am experimenting with these additives again in my car for at least another 10,000 km. But for someone who wants there engine to run extremely smooth and free revving for a while and wants to decrease the NVH levels across the rev range in an old diesel engine, I would recommend these cleaners for a one time use. Just do not expect too much of them. #AllCarsGoToHeaven
Attached Thumbnails
The Fuel Additives Thread-20160107_232932.jpg  

The Fuel Additives Thread-20160107_232921.jpg  

Old 24th July 2016, 10:39   #710
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by AliAbdullah View Post
From my personal experience, did these cleaners increased performance of my car --- NO, They didn't.
1.Well I have used ADON-D from Indian Oil on my XUV 500 on a continuous basis for over 22,000 kms and the improvement in mileage is above 10%. This is a metric you have not reported on. It would be interesting to see your data in case you collected it.

2.Like you I have experienced significant improvement in NVH reduction.

3. You talk about damage caused by long term use of PEA. I Googled to try and get more information and backgroud to your claim. However, Google did'nt throw up anything.Highly appreciate if you can point to some links that document these negative effects.

4. Thanks for your detailed post. Look forward to your reply.
Old 24th July 2016, 16:19   #711
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heavy Horse View Post
1.Well I have used ADON-D from Indian Oil on my XUV 500 on a continuous basis for over 22,000 kms and the improvement in mileage is above 10%. This is a metric you have not reported on. It would be interesting to see your data in case you collected it.

2.Like you I have experienced significant improvement in NVH reduction.

3. You talk about damage caused by long term use of PEA. I Googled to try and get more information and backgroud to your claim. However, Google did'nt throw up anything.Highly appreciate if you can point to some links that document these negative effects.

4. Thanks for your detailed post. Look forward to your reply.
I am Happy to see your interest. I Live in Lucknow and initially i wanted to use ADON-D for these tested but unfortunately i was unable to source it. I have read in almost all reviews that ADON-D is probably the best diesel additive around, so its nice that you are using it. Coming to your first point of mileage gain, i believe that mileage is a parameter that is mostly dependent on driving style. I believe myself to be a very conservative driver and i am easily able to top 21Kmpl in my swift while driving in city and 25 Kmpl out on the highway. I have even managed to reach 29.2 Kmpl in my swift while it was new on a trip to Dehradun which is way above the manufacturer claim. But these figures are purely dependent on my driving style, any change in that and these figures become inaccurate irrespective of which additive i am using (Still havent tried ADON-D). For any gains in performance in any petrol or diesel engine (which is relatively new such as mine) using these additive, i believe that these additives should somehow increase Octane or Cetane number of the respective fuel. These additives have PEA or even Iso Propyl Alcohol but can or cannot have other ingredients which i dont know about. ADON-D might have something to increase the Cetane number which ABRO doesnt. So it all depends on the Additive.

What i have read about long term damages is that PEA is a Nitrogen based detergent. Over continued use these detergent may have adverse effect on the lubrication properties of engine oil, hence increasing metal to metal friction between piston rings and cylinder wall. Another point to note is that any cleaning additive has a limit to the amount of carbon deposit it can remove. Its not possible to remove all the carbon deposit for any additive. After long use a saturation point is reached where the amount of deposits formed and the amount of deposit removed becomes equal and the efficiency of the cleaner is neutralized. normally this saturation point comes after 10,000 km after which there is no point in using the cleaner any further. All the experimentation and results of such additives depends from manufacturer to manufacturer and differs in each case, additive, engine etc. So its nearly impossible to get a definite result of what these cleaners are actually doing to your engine.

Even so after your claim on ADON-D i will try to source it somehow here in lucknow and give it a try and post the results after. For further testing and result you can check out the below video. Unfortunately i dont have any record of the performance data which i recorded. It was all in an app which is now uninstalled.

AliAbdullah is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 25th July 2016, 10:20   #712
BHPian

Thanks Ali.
That was a nice video.
Old 3rd August 2016, 15:15   #713
BHPian

Re: Injector Cleaning Fluid

I am reviving this old thread to know whether which injector cleaning liquids are good.

Any new product that is good ?

Amazon sells a lot of these but I am still very unsure about the unknown brands.

I have a Maruti Swift and Royal Enfield Classic 500, and for these vehicles I want a good liquid cleaner that can be used by mixing in the fuel tank.
Old 7th September 2016, 15:10   #714
BHPian

How about adding an additive (like STP/ABRO...similar) in a 20 years old diesel car? I have a '99 Fiat Uno and a '96 Mercedes Benz. Initially I thought of using some vegetable oil as addictive, but why use a hack when there are liquid made for this purpose exist. Both are old school non-Turbo, non-CRDI engines.

Last edited by DudeWithaFiat : 7th September 2016 at 15:12.
Old 8th September 2016, 15:16   #715
BHPian

The single BEST fuel additive: 1 for Diesel and 1 for Petrol

Greetings!

This topic is near and dear to my heart. Like you, I have loved my cars & want to keep them running forever. In this pursuit, I have purchased dozens of bottles of additives with the hope that using them would do what the bottle claims. Sadly, most of them do not work. Even "known" brands like STP, Abro are totally ineffective and a complete waste of money. Quick online research on US oil and additive web forums and Youtube, where people actually test these in labs will prove this to you.

The only two brands of fuel tank additives that have been recognized as effective by every forum and laboratory out there are:

1) Chevron Techron - PETROL additive. Expensive on Amazon but if you can find another source, nothing beats this additive's performance.

2) Liqui Moly - DIESEL additive. German made and believed to be unbeatable by mechanic and owner alike.

Honorable mentions to go Redline SL1 and Gumout Regaine (yellow color) which have similar ingredients.

I've used all of them on my cars for 10+ years and the results still amaze me. If you're using anything else, it's either less effective or not effective at all.
Screwdriva is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 15:19   #716
BHPian

Re: The single BEST fuel additive: 1 for Diesel and 1 for Petrol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Quick online research on US oil and additive web forums and Youtube, where people actually test these in labs will prove this to you.
Can you share some specific links which show the effectiveness [or the lack of it]?
Kaumad is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th September 2016, 15:29   #717
Senior - BHPian

I have read about adding 1:200 portion of 2T Oil to Diesel fuel, I don't know if its already discussed around here
Old 8th September 2016, 15:40   #718
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Screwdriva View Post
Greetings!

2) Liqui Moly - DIESEL additive. German made and believed to be unbeatable by mechanic and owner alike.
Any idea what is the mix ratio of this additive to the diesel?
Old 8th September 2016, 16:12   #719
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sree73 View Post
Any idea what is the mix ratio of this additive to the diesel?
I use a bottle for 60 liters.
Old 8th September 2016, 16:15   #720
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anachronix View Post
I have read about adding 1:200 portion of 2T Oil to Diesel fuel, I don't know if its already discussed around here
Here you go: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...-oil-fuel.html

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks