Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th February 2019, 10:37   #931
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
@mufazzal123; You may be in for a not so pleasant surprise. The next few tankfuls will not give the same dramatic results. Remember most of the 'muck' is now gone.

This normal with any gummed up fuel system.
Thanks for the heads up. In your experience when should I add the next bottle.
Old 24th February 2019, 10:45   #932
BHPian

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
@mufazzal123; You may be in for a not so pleasant surprise. The next few tankfuls will not give the same dramatic results. Remember most of the 'muck' is now gone.

Correct. When I had the gumming issue, I used a bottle of Adon-P in half tank of gas. Took it out for a long spin with variable speed & by the end of the run I got a significant bump in mileage. That stayed on irrespective of using the cleaner until next couple of tank fills. So the cycle in my case is half bottle for full tank every 1000 kms.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 11:17   #933
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
Correct. When I had the gumming issue, I used a bottle of Adon-P in half tank of gas. Took it out for a long spin with variable speed & by the end of the run I got a significant bump in mileage. That stayed on irrespective of using the cleaner until next couple of tank fills. So the cycle in my case is half bottle for full tank every 1000 kms.
Per my limited knowledge premium petrol already has detergent like Adon-P premixed in addition to higher octane.

Did you experiment with premium petrol vs Adon-P?

<IOC WEBSITE>

The 'Clean and Keep Clean' function of the super cleanser additive in XTRAPREMIUM reduces deposits at the port fuel injector, intake valve and controls combustion chamber deposits to maintain "like new" performance of the vehicle. Regular use of XTRAPREMIUM gives the vehicle a superior pick-up, smoother drive, better mileage and lower emission. XTRAPREMIUM is designed not only to optimise performance of new generation vehicles but also rejuvenate old vehicles to perform better.

<IOC WEBSITE>

<SHELL INDIA>

Our new DYNAFLEX formulations draw on our experience and insights into the demands of both older and modern engines. Modern engines are becoming smaller whilst maintaining high power outputs and often use new technologies (such as direct fuel injection and turbocharging) to help achieve performance and efficiency.

Deposits can form, over time, on key fuel system components such as fuel injectors in diesel engines and intake valves/fuel injectors in gasoline engines. Shell’s DYNAFLEX formulations are designed to help control dirt deposits in key fuel system components2. The development of our new range of Shell fuels with DYNAFLEX technology is the culmination of a multi-year research and development program which involved tests in over 3 million km and over 240 cars.3

<SHELL INDIA>

<BPCL>
Speed Fuel is enriched with special multi-functional additives (MFA) that keep your vehicle’s engine clean thereby maximizing its power and improving fuel economy. Speed also lowers vehicular emissions, ensuring reliable engine performance and a smoother drive.
<BPCL>
kotirajendra is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 11:30   #934
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotirajendra View Post
Per my limited knowledge premium petrol already has detergent like Adon-P premixed in addition to higher octane.

Did you experiment with premium petrol vs Adon-P?

<IOC WEBSITE>
<BPCL>
You are right & higher octane & costlier versions do have their benefits, but in my case I was using regular petrol from various bunks (since I was traveling a lot on highways). So, when I noticed the gumming & sluggish issue, I too thought using premium will help me solve it. But as the situation was little out of hand (read that struggled cranking, bad pickup, variable rpm, sluggish throttle response), costly version did not help much.

I resorted to additive just before thinking to take to MASS for injector cleaning. But situation changed after using very highly concentrated mixture. It's 1mL/Ltr, but I experimented with approx 3 mL. It solved. After that, whenever I don't have access to additives, I do what you rightly mentioned. Higher octane fuel (Shell V-Power) every 4th or 5th tank fill.
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th February 2019, 15:06   #935
BHPian

Quote:

Sir, long time and always a delight reading your posts. Hope you are well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mufazzal123 View Post
Ok, so drove almost 400kms yesterday, here are my observations:
The average has improved. Got an overall average of 23.5 that too with spending 1hr in standstill traffic on the Mumbai pune expressway.
In the same traffic could sense a good improvement in the car performance, the engine wasnt struggling with full load 3 occupants and almost 80kg of luggage.
Verdict being, the stp additive is certainly doing its job and that too in a very good way. Hope the next tank full will add to this experience.
Count results over the long run. With the muck now gone, use the blue bottle every time you do a full tank. Let me help find a Pune dealer for you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anand253 View Post
I tried the Liqui Molly Super Diesel in my Fluidic Verna and right now in my second tankfull. Find a marginal improvement in the engine smoothness but observe a strong drop in my instantaneous FE by 2-3 kmpl. Does any one have a similar experience ? Have been tanking up in my usual Reliance bunk only..
I feel all additives have different results on different machines. I am using the STP and I have no improvement in mileage. However theres a noticeable improvement in acceleration and smoothness. Time will tell.

Quote:
The Stp bottle I purchased states to pour the complete bottle in 10gallons of diesel. So approx 38litres. STP bottle was 236ml. I did my tank full yesterday (approx 41l) and poured the whole bottle in. Now lets see how the engine reacts.
Keep using the blue one for every tankful.Or get the Super Concentrated which would be 1 time for 2 tankfuls.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIVE_ADDICT View Post
Im getting Abro di diesel injector cleaner 354 ml bottle orderred thru Amazon. I see few people says to pour entire bottle on tank full which is ~45 ltr in my case (Figo tdci). Some says to use 1ml per litre. Im confused, whats the recommended ratio.
One bottle inside a full tank of fuel for most fuel additives. STP advises every tankful. Check the bottle for detailed instructions.
Old 10th March 2019, 19:08   #936
BHPian

The Fuel Additives Thread-img_20190310_181915.jpg

After much searching & prodding got Adon-D. Call me finicky, but I got the whole box.
prithm is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 12:38   #937
BANNED

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. In your experience when should I add the next bottle.
I add may be once in three months. No real guidelines, monitor the fuel consumption and performance. You should be able to judge for yourself.

Also, if you are pottering about town or opening the engine out on the highway matters.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 13:43   #938
Distinguished - BHPian

I drive a 2011 WagonR 1.0 which has done ~75k kms. After my last service at 73k, the throttle response felt dull and power delivery was very jerky. I added a bottle of Liqui Moly Injector Cleaner to a tankful of petrol. I could feel the difference within 20 kms. The engine pulls cleanly from 20kmph@3rd gear and 10kmph@2nd gear.

Just before the service, the engine was smooth and accelerated very well. After the additive, the throttle response and engine smoothness are back. However the kick-ass acceleration is till missing.
ashis89 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 17:43   #939
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotirajendra View Post
Hi Koti, IMHO, it is simple economics that drives our preferences. If I were to fuel the speed/premium fuel then the cost per liter goes up significantly each time and every time I fuel it. But, on the other hand, if I use the additive then the average refilling is between 1500-10000 km depending upon the additive used; so, you can work the math for that range and decide which would be more economical. Cheers

Mod Note: Please avoid quoting the entire post when responding

Last edited by ampere : 18th March 2019 at 09:15. Reason: trimmed quoted post
Old 11th March 2019, 22:27   #940
BHPian

I had some great results on my petrol car with liqui moly last month. Car is very smooth and acceleration and low end torque feels great. It barely even knocks even at very low rpms. Mileage came out same even as i drove harder. The effects are still there in the next tankful that i am using without it.
Mr. Nobody is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2019, 02:02   #941
BHPian

I recently bought the Amsoil Coolant Boost. Added it to the Liva and must admit, the results are evident. She warms up quicker, is eager to accelerate and 100 is achieved in no time. What otherwise would be a stretch, the difference is felt when you even amble around city traffic. Must try! It is a steal right now on Amazon for 620.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashis89 View Post
I drive a 2011 WagonR 1.0 which has done ~75k kms. After my last service at 73k, the throttle response felt dull and power delivery was very jerky. I added a bottle of Liqui Moly Injector Cleaner to a tankful of petrol. I could feel the difference within 20 kms. The engine pulls cleanly from 20kmph@3rd gear and 10kmph@2nd gear.

Just before the service, the engine was smooth and accelerated very well. After the additive, the throttle response and engine smoothness are back. However the kick-ass acceleration is till missing.
Try the STP Complete fuel system cleaner and water remover. You shall see instant results after using atleast 2 bottles. Works wonders for petrol vehicles. Let me know if you need any STP products. Also Id suggest using the Gumout Octane Booster once. Also you might like to try a good recommended grade oil to restore the kickass acceleration.

Cheers!
Old 24th March 2019, 00:39   #942
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolmel View Post
I recently bought the Amsoil Coolant Boost. Added it to the Liva and must admit, the results are evident. She warms up quicker, is eager to accelerate and 100 is achieved in no time. What otherwise would be a stretch, the difference is felt when you even amble around city traffic. Must try! It is a steal right now on Amazon for 620.

Cheers!
Might be psychological as there is no way a coolant can improve your cars acceleration and performance to a degree that can be even remotely felt. Unless your car did not have enough coolant in the first place that was causing overheating.
Old 24th March 2019, 00:54   #943
Senior - BHPian

I used Adon P last week. It was available on IOC petrol pump in Rs. 5 sachet (5 ml).

Used 40 ml in one tankful of 41 lit. Did not notice any difference in the performance or smoothness in the subsequent 600 km highway drive.

Car: SX4 petrol
Rahul Bhalgat is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 10:48   #944
BHPian

@Rahul
I guess your car must be already running on clean good fuel.If the system is already clean then i guess additives would not have a great impact.

@Coolmel
Thanks for the amsoil coolant boost suggestion, although it made no difference in warm up time,it definitely seems to make my car run cooler.I see a slight change in needle position as compared to before.I am curious to try out their diesel additives but sadly they aren't available on amazon etc.
scorpian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 19:31   #945
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Nobody View Post
Might be psychological as there is no way a coolant can improve your cars acceleration and performance to a degree that can be even remotely felt. Unless your car did not have enough coolant in the first place that was causing overheating.
Actually no. It is the added effect of the diesel additive, engine oil and this coolant boost. I have been driving her for the past 5 years and I know how it feels once she is up to optimum operating temperature. I know how she accelerates between gears or gets up to speeds. For sure with the ACB it reaches there quickly. It is evident. I cannot explain in words but it needs to be driven to feel the same.

Also I am very particular with Toyota and always ensure that the coolant levels are upto the mark every time I service or clean the engine bay.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks