Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2019, 11:10   #961
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by itwasntme View Post
Hi Santosh, got the Proctane and using it? Any initial feedback?

Unfortunately travelling continuously since my last post and could not even check on Nagpal's either.
I did check on Nagpal's and posted about it here (Speed 97 and High RON petrol discussion thread).

Got 2 bottles of Proctane Evo and used 'em up in 8 hrs flat! Had a day trip to Shimoga yesterday and used Proctane with Shell V power. Results were pretty good. I added 600ml of the stuff with 50L of petrol. They recommend a 1% blend for getting a +4 Octane number than the standard fuel. 2% blend for +8 and so on. Since we need 95 RON, I added 600ml for the 55 odd litres in my tank. The car felt very peppy and similar to how it runs on Speed 97. Surprisingly got very good mileage too. ~ 13.80 kmpl for the entire 580 odd kms trip . I usually get about 12.50 kmpl on such trips. Will order some more and will probably use it when travelling out of town. If Nagpal can give me Speed 97 on a regular basis that will be my first choice.

Last edited by Santoshbhat : 10th July 2019 at 11:12.
Santoshbhat is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 19:38   #962
BHPian

I've just tried Cetane X from Pro Octane Fuel on my 7 year old and 80k driven Jetta. Used about 200ml for 50 litres as mentioned on the bottle. Right in the first use itself the difference is very much noticeable. The NVH seems to have come down. The knocking is absolutely nil. My main intention to use this is to clean the injectors as they say this product burns up all the soot as well.
I was initially confused as to whether this is safe for the engine as VW recommends against using any additives in fuel more so since the car is old now. But after the first use, I'm pretty happy with the experience. If anybody is on the same boat as I was, go ahead and make your first order. You'll feel the difference. One or two bottles won't do much harm anyway.
sarfraz1997 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 10th July 2019, 20:09   #963
BHPian

Visited Hema diesels, Yeshwantpur to pick up StanaDyne Fuel addtives, was told the company no longer sells the products in India. They packed up 2 years ago. Was very dissappointed, StanaDyne is one of the most recommended addtive in the international market.

Last edited by motorpsycho : 10th July 2019 at 20:16.
Old 10th July 2019, 20:33   #964
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
Any experiences with this, a friend looking for his M2.
For BMW's, I've always used the Chevron/Techron Concentrate Plus Complete Fuel System Cleaner.
Don't know whether this is freely available in India but I've always had excellent results with it.
Old 10th July 2019, 23:18   #965
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by aah78 View Post
For BMW's, I've always used the Chevron/Techron Concentrate Plus Complete Fuel System Cleaner.
Don't know whether this is freely available in India but I've always had excellent results with it.
This is an Octane booster and you actually notice the difference. For cleaning, BMW’s own cleaners works well.

Last edited by Turbanator : 10th July 2019 at 23:23.
Old 10th July 2019, 23:32   #966
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
This is an Octane booster and you actually notice the difference. For cleaning, BMW’s own cleaners works well.
Oops, overlooked that point. My mistake.

But what's the point of these octane boosters? It'll only make a difference (if at all), if your friend is using low octane fuel instead of the recommended (91 or 93 that BMW usually wants you to put in, but are also OK with 89 in a pinch).

Also, the BMW cleaner is just a re-labelled bottle of Techron (that sometimes you can get cheaper at BMW dealers, than at the auto store - strange).

Last edited by aah78 : 11th July 2019 at 00:04. Reason: Spacing.
Old 11th July 2019, 00:03   #967
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
But what's the point of these octane boosters? It'll only make a difference (if at all), if your friend is using low octane fuel instead of the recommended (91 or 93 that BMW usually wants you to put in, but are also OK with 89 in a pinch)
Ha ha, looks you have left India and have forgotten what happens here. It’s still adulterated and getting higher RON is not an option at most places including big cities like Chandigarh or even Gurgaon. Delhi has maybe 1 or 2. Rest all have closed. 89 is ok for regular petrol not at all recommended for M cars and it shows instantly.

Quote:
Also, the BMW cleaner is just a re-labelled bottle of Techron (that sometimes you can get cheaper at BMW dealers, than at the auto store - strange)
I was not aware of this but you might be correct on the prices but for us here in India, it’s more important finding genuine stuff so BMW dealerships are definitely preferred.

Last edited by Turbanator : 11th July 2019 at 00:06.
Old 13th July 2019, 09:18   #968
BHPian

Anybody tried cetane boost from amsoil?

I did, and here's what i experienced.
The car is ddis sx4 run over 116k, i got the cetane boost and added about 75ml to 45 liters of diesel. The car has become very silent, all the clatter etc seems to have died down to a very great extent.I definitely can feel it runs more peppier and is very eager to pull in all gears,even the slight vibrations that used to be felt at idle have gone down to almost negligible level.

Overall i like it and plan to use it regularly from now on. I am satisfied with amsoil products,they seem to be of top notch quality i have used the coolant boost,diesel injector clean,5w40 turbo truck oil,metric motorcycle oil,and the cetane boost.Only wish they improved their availability and made it more easier to procure.
scorpian is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 13th July 2019, 11:02   #969
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Overall i like it and plan to use it regularly from now on. I am satisfied with amsoil products,they seem to be of top notch quality i have used the coolant boost,diesel injector clean,5w40 turbo truck oil,metric motorcycle oil,and the cetane boost.Only wish they improved their availability and made it more easier to procure.
Fab stuff. Told ya it’ll work wonders. I simply love the Cetane Boost. It just converts the diesel into a zippier animal. You can alternate between 4 point and 8 point increase. I have 2 quarts of the 5w40 oil in case you need them anytime soon. And use the injector cleaner every year. Even better if you’re planning every tankful.

And last but not the least you know whom to contact for procuring, time being.

Last edited by Aditya : 14th July 2019 at 16:43. Reason: Quoted text trimmed
Old 13th July 2019, 11:21   #970
BHPian

Thanks Mehul,
Appreciate your support for procuring amsoil stuff. I will pick up another bottle of cetane boost and keep it in my stock.
Plan to use it with every tank full.
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 14th July 2019, 13:38   #971
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Thanks Mehul,
Appreciate your support for procuring amsoil stuff. I will pick up another bottle of cetane boost and keep it in my stock.
Plan to use it with every tank full.
Anytime bro. I too have kept one extra in stock. From my recent long drive to Gujarat, I had added approx 60 ml to my Livas 45L tank for a full 8 point increase. The effect was evident. The pep in acceleration brings a wide smile to your face. Also not to forget the Coolant Boost works as advertised. From my Amsoil adventure, these 2 products are top picks!

Also, do check out this channel. He makes some superb videos.

Last edited by coolmel : 14th July 2019 at 13:50.
coolmel is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2019, 15:52   #972
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Santoshbhat View Post
Yes. Already ordered today

I really feel Speed 97 > Power 99.
Hello. May I genuinely ask the reason behind your claim? What seems to be better with Speed97? Have noted divided opinion between both of them on the appropriate thread on Tbhp.

I ask because haven't personally felt any noticeable difference between the two in my 330i. If 97 is really better then I would surely not bother paying extra to fill-up with the other.
Old 25th October 2019, 14:52   #973
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by haldar_siliguri View Post
Hello. May I genuinely ask the reason behind your claim? What seems to be better with Speed97? Have noted divided opinion between both of them on the appropriate thread on Tbhp.

I ask because haven't personally felt any noticeable difference between the two in my 330i. If 97 is really better then I would surely not bother paying extra to fill-up with the other.
Hi. It's more like an opinion/ feedback than a claim . My opinion is based on my personal experience with both fuels with my Polo GTI over a decent period of time. I was a regular user of Speed 97 and was quite happy with the performance I was getting from my car with it. Occasionally I would be forced to use regular 91 octane fuel due to non availability of Speed 97 and during those times the car felt quite a lot sluggish and the drop in performance was properly evident.

The pump that dispensed Speed 97 was shut down due to some land lease issues and for nearly three of four months I ran the car on Power 99. During that period I felt that there was something lacking and that the kick wasn't really there. I thought maybe I've gotten used to the car's performance and hence not feeling the rush. The BP pump reopened recently and the car is back on Speed 97 now and the car immediately feels peppier, just like it did earlier.

Also another observation I would like to make is that when the car gets proper high octane fuel, not only is the performance great, the exhaust also sounds great. It gets out this raspy + boomy sound right from low revs. When my baby gives out this sound, I know she is liking what I am feeding her . I am pretty sure the car sounds better with Speed 97 than Power 99. So between the two, I would always pick Speed 97 since my GTI clearly prefers it.
Santoshbhat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th October 2019, 11:13   #974
BANNED

Quote:
Oops, overlooked that point. My mistake.
If your friend is using low octane fuel instead of the recommended (91 or 93 that BMW usually wants you to put in, but are also OK with 89 in a pinch).
I think BS-IV fuel is at least 91RON. If you get adulterated stuff then all bets are off. So imho higher octane is unnecessary. Now even Speed (not Speed 97) is only additives and not higher Octane.

Last edited by sgiitk : 29th October 2019 at 11:15.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th November 2019, 15:32   #975
Distinguished - BHPian

I've received a bottle of liqui moly diesel purge 1811.
Can I use it in my 2005 Tucson?
Also, how is it too be used, as in quantity. It's a 500 ml bottle.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks