Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 5th October 2008, 15:29   #91
BHPian

Guys

I have searched all over Bangalore for the System G, for the last two month and none of the bunks have it. Can someone help me find in Bangalore please? It has really helped my Opel Corsa 1.4 for the last three years. I miss the System G. Please help!!
Old 5th October 2008, 16:08   #92
Senior - BHPian

Stevie, why don't you contact them directly? Ask them where you can get it in Bangy. Check out their website for contact info.
Old 5th October 2008, 19:41   #93
Senior - BHPian

The measurer provided is only in 10ml capacity. Instead of multiple measure's and pouring into the tank, carry it in a small pre-measured bottle (from home) based on your approximation. Then its a single pour into the tank from that bottle.

I usually fill when the Fuel indicator lights up, so for me its easier to judge the quantity I need to carry.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I have stopped Iftex on my Corsa and almost 2 years back (as i felt like an idiot pouring Iftex before refuelling like addting 2T oils for 2-Wheelers).I get 9.5 kmpl in city with 100% A/C.
Old 5th October 2008, 20:58   #94
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hillram View Post
I have stopped Iftex on my Corsa and almost 2 years back (as i felt like an idiot pouring Iftex before refuelling like addting 2T oils for 2-Wheelers).I get 9.5 kmpl in city with 100% A/C.
Same here. I have since switched over to Shell Super Petrol and I have not yet noticed a difference.

Wind.
Old 5th October 2008, 21:22   #95
Senior - BHPian

I found System G in Kaveri Petrol bunk near lalbhag west gate and also mysore road near Gopalan mall bharat petrol bunk. I am sure many BP Bunks should have that.

Ravi.
Old 6th October 2008, 13:23   #96
BHPian

I was given one bottle system G by Tata dealer during one of my free services for my xeta. they gave all the "gyan"that how this enhance the performance and all that.

But after using it my car starting missing a lot and had lot of issues related to pickup. Was under lot of stress.

so I stopped using it and car was fine again.

I dont know whether it was system G or something else but I am not using it anymore.

The bottle is lying in my car. if anybody needs it then lemme know.
Old 9th October 2008, 20:15   #97
Senior - BHPian

I found some more info on the System D/G so thought it would be worthwhile to post. As its known that Iftex sources/ manufactures this from Texaco and naturally Texaco's earlier additive product was called "Clean System 3" so we now have System D/G.

Texaco has now moved from "Clean System 3" to "Techron" brand of additive but both are essentially the same containing "polyether amines".

The Fuel Additives Thread-img_injector_perf_tab_sml.jpg

Polybutene Amine (PBA) and Polyether Amine (PEA) are two chemical technologies originally developed and patented by Chevron(Texaco Parent company) to help clean harmful deposits from carburetors, injectors, valves, and ports. Although commonly found in most consumer fuel system treatments, PBA still leaves behind combustion chamber deposits, preventing an engine from being restored to its original performance.

PEA's help remove deposits from your fuel system in one tankful, but it also can clean and protect your fuel system sensors from sulfuric buildup – the root cause of faulty fuel gauge readings.

Name:  TechR_01 20.06.gif
Views: 2513
Size:  7.9 KB

PEA's are effective in
- Cleaning carbs, fuel injectors, intake valves and combustion chambers
- When properly formulated, do not cause engine harm
- Will not contribute to combustion chamber deposits and will not cause engine harm.

Source

PS: Since the source is from the manufacturer itself it can be taken with a pinch of salt, but this is the only information available as PEA's were originally developed by them.
Old 9th October 2008, 20:33   #98
BHPian

Hi guys, 'am not sure what good these additives do - this is the state of my engine which has been run exclusively on Speed-97 & System-G (since they've been available).

The Fuel Additives Thread-carboneverywhere.jpg

I for one have learnt to take the manufacturer's claims of these products with a pinch of salt ! Maybe these products do work (the lack of carbon on the intake valve side of the piston crowns), but I do not think they work as well as its claimed...

Last edited by im_srini : 9th October 2008 at 20:37.
Old 9th October 2008, 21:04   #99
Team-BHP Support

Well, they may have worked. It could have been a lot worse without them.

BTW: Why did you need to open up the engine ?
Old 9th October 2008, 21:10   #100
BHPian

Hi Eddy, I agree they could have mitigated carbon build-up, but its plain to see that the products are not the cure-alls that their manufacturers claim them to be. Other than using the best fuel & additives I'm not sure what else one needs to do to minimize this gunk build-up !

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
I'm getting a 285 cam & a lightened flywheel installed

Last edited by im_srini : 9th October 2008 at 21:11.
Old 10th October 2008, 11:30   #101
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
Hi guys, 'am not sure what good these additives do - this is the state of my engine which has been run exclusively on Speed-97 & System-G (since they've been available).

I for one have learnt to take the manufacturer's claims of these products with a pinch of salt ! Maybe these products do work (the lack of carbon on the intake valve side of the piston crowns), but I do not think they work as well as its claimed...
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddy View Post
Well, they may have worked. It could have been a lot worse without them.

I agree with Eddy here, the focus of the additives is to reduce these deposits, IMO there is no additive in the world which can completely remove them.

A real test of conclusion is to open up 2 similar engines having done near similar KM run, one with fuel additive from 0 mile and other without it.
Old 10th October 2008, 11:47   #102
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
im_srini : ... - this is the state of my engine which has been run exclusively on Speed-97 & System-G (since they've been available).
Importantly, how much have you run so far ? Also, which car, make & model. (Just curious)

I am assuming that you have never done any engine work on the car till now.
Old 14th October 2008, 14:04   #103
Senior - BHPian

IBP has tie up with IFTEX to distribute System D / G.

It is available on IBP petrol pump located on Koramangala 80 feet road
(On your left hand if you go towards National Games Village from Sony World junction)

Regards
Amit
Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie View Post
Guys

I have searched all over Bangalore for the System G, for the last two month and none of the bunks have it. Can someone help me find in Bangalore please? It has really helped my Opel Corsa 1.4 for the last three years. I miss the System G. Please help!!
Old 14th October 2008, 16:20   #104
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
Importantly, how much have you run so far ? Also, which car, make & model. (Just curious)
Hi Condor, my car's a 2001 Alto Vx & it's run around 62,000 Kms.

Quote:
Originally Posted by condor View Post
I am assuming that you have never done any engine work on the car till now.
The head has been worked upon twice in the past 2 years - once for a porting & polishing job, & several months later for a compression job.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dadu View Post
A real test of conclusion is to open up 2 similar engines having done near similar KM run, one with fuel additive from 0 mile and other without it
True, the technician who was handling the job on my engine at the service center told me that the insides of my engine looked surprisingly clean - I was like

Where are all these deposits coming from ? I'm using both Speed97 as well as System-G - going by the claims made, my engine should've been clean enough to eat out off.

Is my air-filter at fault (I clean that thing religiously every month though) ?

Last edited by im_srini : 14th October 2008 at 16:30.
Old 14th October 2008, 17:27   #105
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post

Is my air-filter at fault (I clean that thing religiously every month though) ?
Can you please tell how do you clean the Air-Filter as DIY ?

Most Viewed