Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th June 2017, 16:04   #796
BHPian

Re: The Fuel Additives Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
I think the best strategy is to use a fuel system cleaner on a regular basis such as twice a year or at small doses all the time, such as 1ml/litre of fuel.
I am of this opinion too. Irrespective of using it once or twice a year, it would be better if this becomes a practice at every tank fill.

What is the main difference between Fuel Injector Cleaner and Fuel System Cleaner ?
prithm is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 18:14   #797
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
I am of this opinion too. Irrespective of using it once or twice a year, it would be better if this becomes a practice at every tank fill.

What is the main difference between Fuel Injector Cleaner and Fuel System Cleaner ?
Both are the same thing, as far as I know. The key ingredients are poly ethyl amine or poly iso butylene. PIB happens to be one of the main ingredients of 2 stroke oil. This is info that i just googled.
Motard_Blr is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 9th June 2017, 18:37   #798
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Liqui Moly Petrol Injector cleaner And Diesel System Cleaner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sagarpadaki View Post
The car in subject is a 15 year old Maruti Zen G10B done 1.5 Lakh kms. It was having erratic idling and jerky power delivery. Since Liqui Moly is well respected brand i ordered 2 cans of their petrol injector cleaner and mixed one can with a tankful of normal petrol . The improvement began to show within 100 kms of driving.By the end of the tankful,engine response became peppy, power delivery smooth and the erratic idling was reduced by 70%! That is a substantial improvement.

A couple of days ago,i filled up the remaining 1 can of the petrol injector cleaner in the zen with a tank full of petrol. This was after a gap of 4000 kms after the first can was used. And the difference was immediate within 10 kms of driving. Much smoother engine, Revvs smoothly beyond 80 kmph whereas without additive the engine would start to groan. The engine noise reduced. Overall a positive improvement.
+1 to that. Liqui Moly's injector cleaner works wonders. I have mentioned about it in my thread: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/long-t...ml#post4107602

Quoting from that post:

Quote:
3. Liqui Moly Injector Cleaner- By this time, I was sold on Liqui Moly, and I didn’t think twice before ordering this. My 800’s tailpipe is devoid of any carbon or soot, but once I poured this, a lot of fine soot did come out. And the effectiveness of this product was established a few days later, when my car went for the Brake booster install. While opening the intake manifold, my SA said that the injector is unusually clean.
I have also used their petrol additive, and it works as you can feel the urgency in acceleration.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 11:40   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Motard_Blr View Post
Both are the same thing, as far as I know.
There are so many variants. Some say injector cleaner, some fuel system, some say "Fuel Treatment".

So confusing.
Old 12th June 2017, 22:50   #800
Senior - BHPian

any pointers where to get system D in chennai?
My stock ran out (bought last in 2013!)
Old 13th June 2017, 09:32   #801
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by prithm View Post
There are so many variants. Some say injector cleaner, some fuel system, some say "Fuel Treatment".

So confusing.
I think all are selling their own version of 'snake oil'.
sgiitk is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 09:58   #802
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgiitk View Post
I think all are selling their own version of 'snake oil'.
Cannot agree more.

But off late I am witnessing sluggish performance in most of the vehicles here. Especially after recent price drop. My colleagues and myself fill at COCO and Non COCO outlets of IOC, but vehicle performance (DZire, i20, Ertiga, Ecosport etc.) has slight drop. They are not as peppy as they used to be.

I thought it was only my vehicle, but others too are feeling same with theirs. It is then we guys started to hunt options and were confused.

Adding any of the additive is giving us that peppy feel back, but only for few days.
Old 23rd June 2017, 11:34   #803
Senior - BHPian

Re: Injector Cleaning in my Swift

Slightly OT in this thread. I've ordered the Liqui Moly Petrol Injector Cleaner.

I'm a little confused on the directions, the can mentions it is recommended to use 200ml for 70 Litres of fuel. So thats about 3ml to be used per litre of fuel, right?

I first plan on using it on my bike (Fuel Injected), so that would mean I need to pour in 45ml with a full tank with 15 Litres of fuel. Any other instructions apart from that? Does the engine needs to be left to idle for sometime? Does I need to run it normally?
Old 23rd June 2017, 11:58   #804
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Slightly OT in this thread. I've ordered the Liqui Moly Petrol Injector Cleaner.

I'm a little confused on the directions, the can mentions it is recommended to use 200ml for 70 Litres of fuel. So thats about 3ml to be used per litre of fuel, right?

I first plan on using it on my bike (Fuel Injected), so that would mean I need to pour in 45ml with a full tank with 15 Litres of fuel. Any other instructions apart from that? Does the engine needs to be left to idle for sometime? Does I need to run it normally?
I have used it in my cars, and I usually pour the whole content. Just make sure to pour it when your tank is near empty, and just before refill.

Vary your car's rpm while running, I even took it to higher revvs. That gave me the best results.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 23rd June 2017 at 11:59.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 13:14   #805
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by praful View Post
Any other instructions apart from that? Does the engine needs to be left to idle for sometime? Does I need to run it normally?
Run your motorcycle for a long distance trip say at variable speeds and RPM on a highway or lazy drive across the city.

Periodic use will give better results than one time cleanup. I have a simple rule for my bikes. Everytime my odo reading ends with "000", I do a tank full + cleaner.
prithm is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd June 2017, 13:31   #806
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I have used it in my cars, and I usually pour the whole content. Just make sure to pour it when your tank is near empty, and just before refill.

Vary your car's rpm while running, I even took it to higher revvs. That gave me the best results.

Regards,
Shashi
So taking this example forward, let's say I have about 10L remaining, the I should put the Liqui Moly, then drive the car till about 5L remain in the tank and then refill, or immediately refill after I put Liqui Moly to full tank?
Old 23rd June 2017, 14:18   #807
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shipnil View Post
So taking this example forward, let's say I have about 10L remaining, the I should put the Liqui Moly, then drive the car till about 5L remain in the tank and then refill, or immediately refill after I put Liqui Moly to full tank?
I'd recommend to put this just before refill. Injector cleaner isn't something which I use regularly. 1 can per 10k kms is what I follow.

Regards,
Shashi

Last edited by Leoshashi : 23rd June 2017 at 14:19.
Leoshashi is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 24th June 2017, 11:40   #808
BHPian

This is my honest review about abro petrol injector cleaner.
So i was eyeing this for quite some time on Amazon,the price showed as 399 and after discount as 199.00.
Since i was to go for a trip of 120 kms,i needed this fast however the delivery was going to take about 5 days,i went to my local store where i pick my oils from and saw the bottle,it had a mrp of 230,got it for 200 bucks.
first thing i didn't like about Amazon showing a fake price of 399 and then discounted buy at 199,this is bad when the mrp itself is 230.00.

Ne-ways i poured the bottle and tanked up and the next day i started my trip.
Before the onset i had a mild issue of idling on my 1.3zen,i thought maybe the injector cleaner would sort the same if it is due to some carbon related issue.
finished the entire tank full of fuel.
What did i notice?
1) Slightly better pull
2)Exhaust note was different, i get to know the same immediately as i use a FF exhaust.
Would i recommend it?
Yes,i would use this once in say 3000 kms,at 200 bucks its not bad.
i switched back to system g, and i would update what i feel after i finish this tank fuel.
Did it solve my issue?
Mildly yes, i would say about 25% improvement.
Old 26th June 2017, 14:19   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by greenhorn View Post
any pointers where to get system D in chennai?
My stock ran out (bought last in 2013!)
Went to Patel auto, and they still had it (new stock, from 02/2017)
bought up 6 bottles. They had system G too.
Old 27th June 2017, 06:27   #810
BHPian

Any pointers where I can get hold of Adon D in Bangalore? Preferably in the HSR/Marathalli belt? Have tried a few Indian Oil pumps but no luck.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks