Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 12th June 2017, 21:03   #106
BHPian

Re: Water leakage in my new Innova Crysta - where has Toyota's famed quality control gone?

It is great that your issue has been resolved.
However, I am surprised that people here support the removal of the video. Why? It was not a fake video. What right does the management have to dictate how its products would be photographed? They may later tell you to delete this thread.
And why the sympathy for Toyota? They are charging more than 20 lakhs for a product that fails a shower test. In any European country this would have ensured a recall at least. Why do we keep bowing before these MNCs which take us for granted? The service manager's job is to help you irrespective of the existence of the video. If that doesn't happen, what's the big hype about superb customer service about?
I am going a bit OT but I really got better treatment getting my Nano serviced when compared to what I saw with a friend's Etios. The dealer attitude was so different! Toyota knows that they can bring in overpriced underwhelming products. Toyota is no different from Tata, Maruti and Hyundai and it is high time people accept that here. I have experienced all these brands and thats the reason I'm saying this.
Nissan1180 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th June 2017, 21:11   #107
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Water leakage in my new Innova Crysta - where has Toyota's famed quality control gone?

Quote:
Originally Posted by vishy76 View Post
I think he already mentioned them in his thread. The Crysta niggles thread was started by him sir.
Yep, thanks. Except for the ones related to tyre issues I am keenly reading other posts.

PS - Read the thread. Teething problems probably due to the new model. But then the OP has this to say:

Quote:
Originally Posted by mints21 View Post
Yes, I too will not hesitate to buy another Toyota. There may have been niggles but then the service provided is best in class till date. But again, Toyota has been pro active in handling the issue and I hope it does not come up again.

Precisely what has kept me with Toyota. My 2008 Altis still gets a lot of TLC from me and the local TKM ASC. The ownership experience has exceeded my expectations. No regrets whatsoever buying 2 Toyota vehicles since 2006.

Last edited by R2D2 : 12th June 2017 at 21:40. Reason: added PS
R2D2 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th June 2017, 12:03   #108
BHPian

Hi,

The niggles thread was started by me and I never wanted to start another thread on their VOC.

The problem that I had was a sudden tyre burst on my Innova Crysta 2016 which had 17 inches alloy wheels on National Highway -1 with my family of five on board at 1645 hrs near Amritsar in Punjab.

The dealer that services my car was prompt and replaced all five alloys and tyres with 16 inches alloy wheels under warranty.

In my case the problem was with the VOC while the dealer principal was very supportive. There is no doubt that the ownership experience is far better from other manufacturers but at the same time I feel that Toyota has started sliding somewhere when it comes to pro-activeness in handling issues.

Here is the picture of the tyre.

Water leakage in my new Innova Crysta - where has Toyota's famed quality control gone?-fcrysta-2.jpg

For more pics please refer this thread.

Link:http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/tyre-a...ml#post4191996

Last edited by mints21 : 13th June 2017 at 12:20.
mints21 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 1st October 2017, 01:02   #109
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (5)

Posting on behalf of a reddit user since he doesn't has team-bhp membership and has applied for the membership recently. @Mods, please suggest if this can be moved to a new thread.

This looks like another case of water leakage issue with Crysta.

Quote:
TL;DR - We bought a brand new Innova in April, the car has been LEAKING WATER due to the rains and other sensors have been malfunctioning as a result. Dealer (and the manufacturer) want to repair the car and give it back to us, while believe we should be refunded or given a new car as the vehicle we received is clearly faulty and not safe to drive.

Water Leakage Videos - https://Youtu.be/oh9kJudBYPs

Nonstop Sensor Alarms - https://Youtu.be/hv98XEQm9ek

Hello all,

My family recently purchased a brand new new petrol Toyota Innova Crysta from Shinrai Toyota in Mumbai in the month of April. Currently, the car has only driven 1800-2000 KM since purchasing it so it is still in brand new condition.

During the past few months we have experienced unbelievable problems with the car and I just wanted to spread the word and let other people know to be wary before they decide to purchase the “reliable” Toyota Innova Crysta.

Our problems started when the cheaply made interior plastic door panels broke within the first few weeks. We complained and fought with them and managed to convince them to replace it. The door panels are so poorly made that the paint coating on them is already peeling (Even on the replacement) after just a few months of light use. The leather lining on the passenger door panel also has started to peel out from the seams.

Last month, while driving the car, the trunk open light and indicator started beeping and flashing and wouldn’t turn off even though we repeatedly tried to switch off the car and re-open and close the trunk. There was also some other warning light displayed. We didn’t think much of it at the time, and took the car to the dealer be checked. They claimed that the trunk wasn’t closed properly, and that water may have entered the petrol tank (possibly because the pump we filled it at scammed us according to the CSR Rep at Shinrai - we fill up our tank at Hindustan Petroleum in south Bombay and I highly doubt they are mixing water in their petrol). They “fixed” it and we took the car back. We also noticed some water in the trunk and utility area in the trunk but thought that it might just be spilled water or condensation so we didn’t pursue it further.

Then recently, while driving in the rains, we were lucky to notice that water was actually LEAKING into the car in the trunk area from multiple locations! I documented the leakage and have posted the video links below. The car is leaking from multiple locations, so it is not an isolated issue. Clearly, water is also leaking into the petrol tank as the CSR rep at Shinrai told us that one of the alarm indicators was caused by water in the tank.

How is it possible that a BRAND NEW Toyota Innova (a hallmark of quality and safety in the industry) managed to get passed quality control if the car is leaking water during rains. The trunk open light continues to sporadically beep and blink for hours at a time (we often drive 2-3 hour distances in the day for work). Im guessing the sensor or electrical wiring is damaged from the water leakage. We’ve also been experiencing a rattling noise which seems to be coming from the front of the car, but we haven’t been able to recreate that to record it on video. We’ve had to drive 2-3 hours at a stretch with this alarm constantly beeping in the background multiple times!

We contacted the main Toyota-Kirloskar (they are the manufacturers of Toyota in India) office and they sent a representative to talk to us. They claim that nothing is wrong with the car and its just a small problem which they will fix in the dealers service center, and that its a very normal issue.

I refuse to believe that this is a normal issue, I’ve never heard of a brand new car LEAKING WATER during rain. If the factory couldn’t properly test the waterproofing of the car, I find it extremely hard to believe that other critical safety components are thoroughly tested (airbags, brakes, crash-testing, etc).

Please look at the images and videos I’ve uploaded and help us share this message so that people are wary before they blindly trust a once reputed brand.
Water leakage in my new Innova Crysta - where has Toyota's famed quality control gone?-hczdqkn.jpg

Water leakage in my new Innova Crysta - where has Toyota's famed quality control gone?-95nsdmz.jpg

Water leakage in my new Innova Crysta - where has Toyota's famed quality control gone?-kvdzoxm.jpg

Water leakage in my new Innova Crysta - where has Toyota's famed quality control gone?-sqorysr.jpg

Water leakage in my new Innova Crysta - where has Toyota's famed quality control gone?-dagh0dj.jpg

Water leakage in my new Innova Crysta - where has Toyota's famed quality control gone?-0lszk7n.jpg

Last edited by ottocycle : 1st October 2017 at 01:13.
ottocycle is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 14th May 2023, 01:17   #110
BHPian

Hello BHPians

My Dad owns the Toyota Innova 2011 model and it has clocked a successful 216700 km, which is just a Toyota thing. In all these years, Innova has been a wonderful companion of my family: family trips, airport pickups/drops, my solo long drive craze and Dad's work-related trips. And, Dad is planning to sell this beautiful machine: a Made-in-Indonesia car which we will neither get nor see in Indian showrooms anymore. I am planning to get the car re-painted, replace few stock parts with new ones and maintain it well till the Indian government completely disagress to renew the older diesel cars!

BUT, now, since the car is exactly 12 years old, there is a problem which has started to bother me: water seapage into the Driver/Passenger seat leg space directly from the 'A' pillar. Drop-by-drop seapage when light/heavy rains or even during a machine car wash.

The same weekend, I directly went to Viva Toyota, Nayandahalli to know what can be done. But, since the bodyshop expert was on leave that day, I left the service center with an opinion as how this can be fixed by one of the SAs: replacing the roof protective strip will solve the problem. But I was not convinced with this opinion.

As second opinion is always good, I visited a local car mechanic and asked how this can be fixed, his reply was: the windshield trim (black color glue-kind-of-material which sticks the windshield to the body frame) need to be replaced.

Now, two different opinions have confused me even more as how to proceed further!

Water leakage in my new Innova Crysta - where has Toyota's famed quality control gone?-innova-water-seapage.jpg
The water presence can be clearly seen (and felt) on the cushion part!

I believe this is not a serious problem and can be fixed in few weeks time, but I need suggestion from an expert here or anyone who has gone through this situation regarding the following:

1. What might have caused this problem, which was not there till date?
2. Where to get it done: Authorised Service Center or Local Mechanic, not considering cost, but quality of work?
3. If ASC, then which one at Bengaluru (Ravindu/Viva/United/Other)?
4. If Local Mechanic, which popular paint shop/garage does the job neatly?

My current location is Bengaluru till next week, after which I will be heading to Kasaragod (hometown) for few weeks.

Also, it would be of great help if anyone knows which non-ASC does full body paint for a good deal but with top-notch quality? How much will it cost for this Innova with Light Blue Metallic color paint?

Thank you in advance.

Most Viewed