Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 6th November 2006, 19:43   #1

Hi,
I drive a 1998, Gypsy Mg410W and got into big trouble this weekend when I was stuck in a godforsaken place with a broken timing belt ( ofcourse I just thought Old reliable ( my Gyeep) just copped it). 6 hours and after multiple trips in tractors and bullock carts, managed to get a mechanic who relplaced the timing belt and the tensioner, also "adjusted" the idling etc.
I was glad to get out of the situation and for the next 60 Kms or so, I enjoyed a new zip that surprised me ( I even thought that replacing the damn belt can be classed a performance mod!!!)
Then it happened inexplicably the gyeep stalled in traffic and I had the ignominy of pushing her out of the way in the middle of a concerted high decibel assault on my tympanum.
Aftera breather, I got in and gunned the ignition by flooring the accelarator in first gear without touching the clutch. She responded by lurching forward and actually started moving, I could make out that despite the screaming high revvs she was moving at about 20 KMPH in second I also slipped herinto 4wheel drive, but not sure if that made a difference.
Petrified that she would stall again at thetraffic light i actually forced her onto the pavement and drove the last 3 km s or so by flashing her hazard lights and mercilessly beating the horn. I got home and the moment i stopped she stalled and has refused to budge.
advice on what the heck happened to her, I'd appreciate any diagnosis you can offer.i've spent a packet on her already and I hope I didnt do anything that will turn outto be a very expensive mistake!

Note from Support Staff : Please read the rules and announcments before posting.

Last edited by normally_crazy : 6th November 2006 at 20:40.
Old 6th November 2006, 20:05   #2
BHPian

Welcome to the forum and enjoy your stay. I would request you to please read and familiarise yourself with the board rules.

I am sorry to hear about your experience and regret that you have indeed made a terrible mistake (in my opinion). In all eventuality you will have to have the head worked on completely.

Strongly suggest you dont try to start the jeep. Call the closest Maruti authorised workshop and have the car checked.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks