Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 13th November 2006, 18:01   #16
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by F1amit
Hi Tbhpian,
Recently I have purchased a second hand Santro and after taking the car delivery I came to know that the spare tyre in the car is 155/80 R13 (where as other 4 tyres are 155/70 R13). When checked with the tyre shop, they adviced me to replace the spare tyre and one of the current tyres with the new one and using these new one in front of the car. After reading this thread I am in diellema whether it will cause the same wobbling effect in the car.

Is it advisable to do such kind of replacement? Also till then can the spare tyre be used for the short distance in case of any puncture?

Thanks,
Amit.
Congratulations on your Santro. Well as far as your car's tyres are concerned, It is always adviced to have correct tyres. In case of Santro the Tyre size is 155/70 R13 and hence the 4 tryes in your car are correct. The 5th tyre or the spare tyre is not the correct size so I would advice to change that tyre to the correct size. I have also learnt a lesson and would advice you to make sure all the tyres are of the same size and same company as even different company tyres (but same size) make lot of differenct.

Hence my only suggestion to you right now is, if all the four tyres on your Santro are in good condition as well as from same company, change only the spare tyre, but if they are from different companies then go for a complete change since that will give you a better peace of mind and if you are changing all the tyres go for only tubeless. They are the best.
Old 13th November 2006, 20:18   #17
BHPian

I had One Puncture in One Year after my lancer got Potenza G3, They are def my next for my XETA also, once the Apollo wear out.

However just incase you have a Blowout(rare with Tubeless) or Side wall tear(Could happen chances are 70:30, 70 no-30 yes) then a Spare tyre is your life saver..So it will not hurt to have a spare tyre

Most Viewed