Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th August 2017, 16:06   #31
BHPian

Re: Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport

I checked my colleague's Figo. The car is about an year old and has run 5800 km. The bulbs are stock.

RHS
Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport-fullsizerender-5.jpg

LHS
Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport-fullsizerender.jpg

Prominent with headlights on
Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport-img_5769.jpg
Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport-img_5770.jpg
Moto_Hill is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 30th August 2017, 23:45   #32
BHPian

My car has them too. Just checked after reading about it here. Another thing to get fixed . Between, is it affecting output in any way? There is no way to measure that right.

My car has done like 47k kms. Can ford say that I have been late to catch that? It doesn't actively affect me but the reflective layer can go totally bad after the warranty and then that is going to cost me.
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 07:54   #33
Senior - BHPian

Looks like it is not just the reflector in my case. The headlight glass above the lamp is also showing signs of heat on the inside. Will post a picture shortly.

Looks like I have to fit aux lights like on my old Figo for this reason.
I want to see how it looks on a Aspire cab since they would have driven quite a bit during all times of the day.

Some pictures from top with the Headlights on. Notice the marks on the glass above the bulb like water seepage.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport-img_6993.jpg  

Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport-img_6994.jpg  

Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport-img_6995.jpg  

Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport-img_6997.jpg  

Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport-img_6996.jpg  

Last edited by Aditya : 31st August 2017 at 17:42. Reason: Back to back posts merged
Old 31st August 2017, 08:53   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian
Notice the marks on the glass above the bulb like water seepage.
Is that permanent damage ?

I too see certain patch of Water vapour type marks randomly in rainy or very humid weather but they disappear on their own.
Old 31st August 2017, 09:03   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Is that permanent damage ?

I too see certain patch of Water vapour type marks randomly in rainy or very humid weather but they disappear on their own.
I will check if it goes away. I noticed this today with the light on. The last I took the car in rain was 5 days ago and on close look, it didn't look like water inside.
tharian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 13:28   #36
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by tharian View Post
I will check if it goes away. I noticed this today with the light on. The last I took the car in rain was 5 days ago and on close look, it didn't look like water inside.
It looks like fogging and it will go away.

Our Grand i10 had the same issue and the headlight clusters were replaced.

The issue recurred in the new clusters as well and I was told that this was normal during rains because of temperature difference.

However, the fogging issue did not recur thereafter. Even in the rainy season, the clusters did not fog up. So I assume the issue got resolved on its own.

Last edited by skanchan95 : 31st August 2017 at 13:52.
skanchan95 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 16:28   #37
Senior - BHPian

Examined my lights last night and I can already see the patch developing on both headlamp clusters. Car has run 8700kms and has developed this issue. Will go to the service center and complain for a replacement. Though the replacement also will be the same shoddy quality, the more warranty claims the better so that Ford will think about addressing this with the vendor Valeo who is manufacturing the lights. I will also email Ford about this issue with a link to this thread to see if it will elicit any kind of response from them.
Old 31st August 2017, 18:38   #38
BHPian

I got a chance today to click few pictures of my headlight.

Attaching them here.

I haven't visited the ASC yet. Like few here, I am also waiting for a concrete solution. No point of getting this replaced with a same faulty quality piece and again claim warranty after few months.

Oddo stands at 5k
Purchased last April.
Problem was noticed within couple of month of purchase.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport-photo_20170831_172902.jpg  

Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport-photo_20170831_172844.jpg  

NaXal is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 18:46   #39
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by NaXal View Post
Problem was noticed within couple of month of purchase.
This is exactly how my headlamps look too. Purchased in March 2017 and run 8700kms so far. It has run almost every week day at night with the headlamp on low beam for 15kms. Apart from that the long drives on highway where the return leg would have seen some usage through the late evenings and nights. Pathetic if it is really a quality issue and not a design fault.

Speaking of design fault, checked and verified with SreeHarsha also with many cars in our office parking lot. Only the Elite i20 and Grand i10 seem to have that cut out kind of a thing. Amaze, Nano, etc dont seem to have this cut out but no burn out of the head lamps in them. So it is pointing more and more towards a quality issue as compared to a design issue.
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 31st August 2017, 21:48   #40
BHPian

At night hours with headlight on, specially with low beam, this burn patch is clearly visible.

Attaching another picture with low beam at night.
Attached Thumbnails
Ford: Defective headlight reflectors in the Figo, Aspire & EcoSport-photo_20170831_214246.jpg  

NaXal is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 19:22   #41
Senior - BHPian

Have set things in motion with a mail to Ford along with some people at Ford Management. Got the acknowledgement call from their Chennai office and a complaint number from Ford customer relations. I have a doubt that they will offer warranty replacement of the headlights of same quality, but let me wait and see. Also have provided a link to this thread in my email to let them know that even Aspire Sports manufactured in 2017 and run only 3k kms is also facing the same issue. Fingers crossed and hoping for the best. Response to customer so far is quite quick and courteous. Lets hope the streak continues and some thing good comes out of it for the community at large.

Last edited by abhinav.s : 1st September 2017 at 19:25.
abhinav.s is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st September 2017, 19:45   #42
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Have set things in motion with a mail to Ford along with some people at Ford Management.
Thanks for the effort. Hope Ford looks into this with great importance for a proper solution.

@Ford

I am pretty happy with the headlight intensity, focus and performance. This is with compare to the old Figo, which has a very bad reflector design for poor output and performance.

So when you take your time to solve the issue, please keep that in mind. Please make sure the output/intensity/brightness are not compromised with your rectification action.

This burn patch is slowly but surely effecting the light output. This is evident when you park a new one and an effected car near a wall with headlight on.

So please take your time but provide us a proper solution. Remember, most of us buy Ford for your quality and more recently, low ownership cost and customer centric service approach.

Hope you will live up to our expectations and make us more confident to recommend this brand to another would be buyer with practical experience.
NaXal is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 5th September 2017, 19:26   #43
Senior - BHPian

Ford Customer Care has contacted me back and confirmed that they have spoken to my dealer Elite Ford to go ahead with replacement of headlamps in warranty. The rep was not confirming or denying if the quality has been improved, but I am thinking it is the same and I have to be content with the warranty replacement for now. Shall get in touch with the dealer for the replacement and keep the thread updated once done. Will keep a close watch on this for any further issues in future too after the replacement is complete.

While on topic, I have to really give credit where it is due. I reported the issue on 1st Sept and there was a constant customer follow up each day except for Sunday which is totally acceptable. Each time I received the call, I was promised an update in 24 hours and I definitely did get an update within the promised time. Overall very happy with the Ford Customer Service team.
abhinav.s is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 20:34   #44
Senior - BHPian

Pleasantly surprised again with Ford and the dealer Elite Ford as well!! I got confirmation to contact my dealer by Ford yesterday at around 18:30. So I was waiting to contact them today. Due to late night meetings, had a slow start to the morning today. Before I even got up, I had 2 missed calls from Elite Ford. I called them back & spoke to their CRM. She was very courteous and informed me that they were contacted by Ford to replace the headlamps in warranty. She also confirmed if they had stock while I was on the line, told me that they only have RH side. Informed me that they have placed order for LH side and will intimate me once it arrives and I can go for the replacement. Checked how long it would take to replace. It is about an hour's job tops.

Completely hassle free experience with the process part till now. Have to say I am impressed with the efficiency with which things have been moving so far. I have never had to speak harshly with anyone on the phone, nor follow up. In turn, Ford customer service team followed up with me and kept me updated. Only action on my part was to send the photos of the burn patch in the headlamps to Ford Customer Service team and the dealer. After that they did everything and we have got this far. Shall wait for the dealer action and the experience of how it goes there. Though I am a customer at Elite Ford Service from my Fiesta Classic days, all the SA's have now changed, so should see how it goes this time. Will keep the thread updated.
abhinav.s is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2017, 22:47   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhinav.s View Post
Only action on my part was to send the photos of the burn patch in the headlamps to Ford Customer Service team and the dealer. After that they did everything and we have got this far. Shall wait for the dealer action and the experience of how it goes there.
Even I have had similar experiences with Ford.

Also when they do change the headlights, ensure that they remove the bumper to do it. Else it will damage the bumper or the lights or both.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks