Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 15th November 2006, 16:12   #16
BHPian

Man that is nice to hear a car give and average of 21KMpl. You would be enjoying every bit of the car ownership. Lucky you. I would like to know how is your LXi Sports. Has maruti launced such version lately. What is the difference between the two car LXi and LXi Sports.
Old 15th November 2006, 16:24   #17
BHPian

Well Sports is a Tag that I choose to add to my Edition of ALto ;-)
Old 15th November 2006, 16:24   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race
i have recently upgraded my ecu to sports ecu for a better pickup on my alto as the acceleration of this car is very much flawed !
How much did the ECU upgrade cost you?
Old 15th November 2006, 17:03   #19
rks
BANNED

@dsinz, the reason for improved mileage could be partly due to the K&N filter and maybe due to different driving conditions/style too. But note that others have been getting similar or better mileage even without the K&N. At the time of fitting the K&N, the mechanic no doubt would have done some tune-up of your engine and the ECU will also react to the changed parameters. The question is whether you are getting an improvement in the performance of the car, in particular, the acceleration, in addition to the improved mileage. Then we can say that it is due to the K&N. Otherwise the doubt would be whether by merely re-tuning your engine for mileage, you would have gotten the same or better improvement, but at the cost of pick-up.
Old 15th November 2006, 17:15   #20
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race
i have recently upgraded my ecu to sports ecu for a better pickup on my alto as the acceleration of this car is very much flawed !
I had no idea such an upgrade was available. Is it legally available?; does it void the warranty?; is it available for all/most cars? How does the upgrade feel?
Old 15th November 2006, 18:44   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dj_2006
Wow this is terrific mileage with an Alto ... I too own an Alto (around 11 months old) it gives only 14-15 kmpl in city driving.

I have a Santro (6 months old) too which gives 19-20 Kmpl in approximately the same conditions... I use IOC premium for both ....

Any guesses what might be the reason?
are u sure dj cause to me it looks like u have swapped the values for both cars.

IMHO 14-15 is on the lower side for alto & 19-20 under the same conditions is way toooooo(please cound my extra Os) high for a santry. the company claims 15.5 for santro but if u r getting this much i guess its time to say good bye to the alto & enjoy ur 1 litre machine with more power & oomph value.

i had a small stint with alto & i regularly got 18-19 in the city & 23+ on the delhi-agra highway.
Old 15th November 2006, 22:44   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by razor4077
19-20 from a santro? never heard that before! u sure ur not making some calculation errors? and what's your driving style? with the FE you've quoted, u must be in 5th by the time u hit 60
seriously though, can u verify those figures?
True buddy ... no calculation mistakes here ... I can hardly believe this myself I travel around 70 kms every weekday ... the commute from Noida to Gurgaon and back ...

The reason could also be due to the fact that I leave for office at 7.30 am and hence the road is pretty empty ... also I drive as if I am participating in FE competition ... I am in 5th gear by the time I have hit 50

But the sad part is ... even after the best of my efforts don't get the same mileage from the Alto
Old 15th November 2006, 23:55   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ha ha ha...Yeah,right!
Old 4th January 2007, 22:41   #24

Infractions: 0/1 (10)

Quote:
Originally Posted by drift2race View Post
thats a good joke buddy.....
Old 4th January 2007, 23:46   #25
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hellspawn View Post
thats a good joke buddy.....
Well this gentleman did crack a few more jokes alongwith this one & when we asked him to prove them he promptly disappeared!! Probably to turbocharge & upgrade the ECU of his Alto all over again
iraghava is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th January 2007, 01:23   #26
BHPian

Hi guys,
i have a metallic azure grey swift Vxi, my brother was coming from dubai to kerala this month.
I'm planning on installing a K&N universal air filter, but in the K&n web site they do not have a universal filter for swift, only replacement paper filters.
I know that plenty of u have used universal air filters.
Need to know the model number and the probable price of it?
Does anyone know where i can get it in dubai?
Can the plumbing be made readymade?
Will installing a universal K&N air filter, give it a different sporty humming sound?
Does anyone know where i can get it installed in Kerala?
What do u guys think should i buy and install it right here in kerala, if so does anyone know any place in kerala, where it can be done?
Thanks guys, please do reply.
Old 5th January 2007, 09:07   #27
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dsinz View Post
Well... few months back, I bought an Alto and below are the fuel log and mileage details.

Log Sheet

NGEF Fuel Station - 1st Tank - IOC Extra Premium - 30 Ltrs - 450 KMS
NGEF Fuel Station - 2nd Tank - ICO Extra Premium - 30 Ltrs - 450 KMS

1st Sevice (Bimal)

Airport road BP Fuel Station - 3rd Tank - BP Speed - 30 Ltrs - 482 KMS
Airport road BP Fuel Station - 4th Tank - BP Speed - 30 Ltrs - 480 KMS

Old Madras road shell Fuel Station - 5th Tank - Shell Super - 30 Ltrs - 514 Kms
Old Madras road shell Fuel Station - 6th Tank - Shell Super - 30 Ltrs - 568 Kms (Half way down the tank I put K&N Stock replacement Filter)

Near ITPL Shell Fuel Station - 7th Tank - Shell Super - 30 Ltrs (Quarter tank to go I have driven 500 KMS)

Typically, I top up the tank and drive till the fuel needle touches the red mark and most of the time I end up refilling around 30 Ltrs to top up again. The driving is in Bangalore city and I have not gone for a long drive.

What is the reason behind good FE of this Run?

1. First service
2. Fuel Change
3. K&N Filter
4. My Driving skills
5. Fuel Station

PS: I was a newbie to driving when I took my car.
Its the K&N at work. I've got a stock replacment K&N for my Swift almost since I bought her 6 months back. In city with AC on 70% I get close to 16 kmpl consistently. My pal's Swift in contrast doesnt go beyond 12-13 kmpl, with similar driving styles. Plus my engine has gone deathly silent since I installed the filter - very smooth

Last edited by theMAG : 5th January 2007 at 09:10.
Old 5th January 2007, 09:19   #28
Team-BHP Support

Everyone seems to have good reviews on the K&N. I for one didnt find it that great. Yes the power delivery is better and the intake can be heard now. but, my mileage has dropped from 11kmpl to 9kmpl now.

I installed the stock replacement filter on my lancer.
Old 5th January 2007, 11:27   #29
BHPian

Alot's FE (My friends Car)

My Experience In my friends Alto
My Friend bought his car after all of us suggested him to go for an alto cause he just finished his driving school, driving a big car will be lil difficult in bangalore for a rookie.
We had been planning to go on a trip for a long time It's when October Diwali long week end started so we were all set, 2 Cars 1 Santro 2004 and Alto 2006 8 people. Total Kms covered 987 to Kemmanagundi, Jog Falls and few more places on the way and back in 4 days.
We refueled Alto twice and when we came back there i more than half tank of fuel left to spare. On the other hand we had to refuel Santro thrice.
Even though we drove the car most of the time in ghats Alto’s FE for 20.95, man I’m feeling J for buying a Baleno.
Every thing is Stock on my Friends alto no upgrades
Regards,
Mega
Old 5th January 2007, 11:36   #30
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mega5918 View Post
We refueled Alto twice and when we came back there i more than half tank of fuel left to spare. On the other hand we had to refuel Santro thrice.
Even though we drove the car most of the time in ghats Alto’s FE for 20.95, man I’m feeling J for buying a Baleno.
THe alto has a three pot motor compared the the santros 4-cylinder.thats probably why you had to fill the santro thrice

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks