Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th February 2014, 21:21   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Engine stalling at low revs / idle

Quote:
Originally Posted by T Y A G I View Post
They were blunt enough to advice me to remove the CNG wiring and after that handover the car to them for the diagnostics.....
I see nothing wrong with this!
With all kinds of 'quacks' in business why should the manufacturer be burdened with troubleshooting the incompetence of quacks? These efforts cost money and such exercise is not included in the costing!
Old 28th February 2014, 14:22   #32
BHPian

Hi Team,

Started from Mohan Nagar in the morning to see the Car's RPMs shot upto 2100-2300.I thought its because of the cold engine and will soon settle at the set level of 900-1000 RPM.But till the time I reached Dhaula Qua, I could see that the RPM fluctuating between 1800-1200 every time the clutch was pressed to change the gear.And once the gear got engage, the RPM were hovering near the normal range corresponding to the gear.

Now, I am keeping my fingers crossed to see how she behaves while I be returning from Gurgaon to Mohan Nagar.If it will start stalling with below threshold RPMs then I will have no option but to leave it to Mehar Auto for further diagnostic.My only fear is the main ECM failure which will be definitely the biggest blow to my pocket.
Old 28th February 2014, 14:32   #33
Team-BHP Support

When the RPM was fluctuating, did you try switching the engine off and then start? Usually this will solve the hunting, this issue is due to faulty throttle body/air map sensors. Very rarely i have seen throttle bodies being repaired to perfection. Also check for any air leaks on the intake side.

Last edited by Jaggu : 28th February 2014 at 14:36.
Old 28th February 2014, 14:42   #34
BHPian

Hi Team,

I dint turn off the engine to settle that fluctuating RPMs.But will definitely try that once I will be on the way back home in the evening starting from Gurgaon at 5 PM.If this is the case of the faulty Throttle body or sensor then I will be more than happy to get the throttle body changed rather than struggling daily and keeping myself in dicey situation.
Old 28th February 2014, 19:39   #35
BHPian

Hi Team,

Went to local garage in Sukhrali where earlier I got the spark plugs changed.Told the technician to reduce the RPM at the throttle body via loosening the idle throttle Cable position.I am now at mandi house as usual waiting in jam for the ITO red light to turn green. Touch wood, till now I am not disappointed by the performance and not even once the RPM fluctuated like it was happening in the morning.

Let's hope that things go a little smooth when I will be leaving for Chandigarh tomorrow early morning.
T Y A G I is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st March 2014, 12:19   #36
BHPian

Hi Team,

I am currently in Chandigarh.The Car din't show any stalling or uneven RPM fluctuating issues but after covering approx 100 km when I stopped for a tea break, the engine light came up and was not turning off till I reached Chandigarh.It is still on. Only change in the idle RPM was observed to be in 1100 -1200 range which earlier I set to 900-1000.I am only suspecting some issue in throttle body sensor or O2 sensor as advised by Jaggu Sir. Will try to get it checked at service centre once I am back to Mohan Nagar on Sunday and update.But touch wood its not stalling like it was behaving earlier.
Old 3rd March 2014, 12:20   #37
BHPian

Hi Team,

I started of from Chandigarh at 6:30 Pm & reached home at 11:55 Pm last night from Chandigarh with one dinner break of 30 mins at Karnal.The car dint stall but the engine check light is still on.Also when the radiator fan starts the RPM goes below the idle range to 800-850 and it feels that it is putting load on the engine. But within seconds the engine comes to idle RPM of 1000-1100.

Also when the AC is turned on at the static position the same thing happens.The RPM dips below idle threshold and engine struggles to come in comfortable idle RPM with fluctuation between 700 to 1200. It goes on till the time I accelerate and the engine is able to bear the load of AC.And I know that the things will get worse on CNG once I will again connect the wiring this week. Also this is only 3 year old car and parents wont agree to sell it this early & for engine check light I will go to Maruti service center today or tomorrow.

Team request you to please advice If I need to look on to other components to rectify this issue completely.
Old 4th March 2014, 16:24   #38
BHPian

Hi Team,

Called up Fast Track today in the afternoon to pick up the Car from home for the diagnostics of fluctuating RPM.The stalling problem was rectified by injector cleaning I believe.

Fast Track supervisor called me to get the relevant information and just two questions from my side and two answers from his side were enough for me to go

Me : I have already got most of the cleaning part done along with injectors, TPS,Spark Plugs,Oil, Air Filter,Oil Filter, Coolant, Radiator flush, Condensor Cleaning but the RPM are still not stable.Please check if the tappets need to be adjusted or the TPS is in good condition or not ?

Supervisor : Sir, this is K-Series engine and tappet adjustment is automatic and hence cant be don't manually.

Me : Since the car has already clocked 63000+ Kms, please check for the
timing belt replacement.
Supervisor : Sir, there is no timing belt in K-Series engine,but its chain driven and hence its does not require change for life time.

I don't know where this automobile world is heading to.My humble request to seniors is to put light on this for my understanding and other owners of K Series engine cars.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks