Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2017, 10:16   #31
Team-BHP Support

Re: Rust formation on brand-new WagonR's roof? EDIT: Not rust, resolved!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
How can a BHPian defy logic. I also agreed, he was not apologetic but treated me well.He also had no clue abot what was it and why was it there. I got it cleaned partially since I was in a hurry.
Glad you got the issue partially sorted.

I think you should still insist on at least a full re-paint of the roof, ORVMs and whatever else had those spots.

Whatever be the cause, however insignificant, it is non-acceptable in a new car.
Old 7th September 2017, 19:27   #32
BHPian

I can understand your grief in seeing something like this on a brand new car. IMHO it may be something else, of course only a proper analysis can give a result. I had a similar problem in 2008 when I had purchased a Vista, the rust mark finally turned out to be a scar from some acidic water which had seeped in a underground garage.
sparky@home is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2017, 20:57   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shreyas Agarwal View Post
You would not have seen such a love for WagonRs. We have two in the garage simultaneously.
Happy to see that your issue was resolved! Wishing you a happy journey.

I also share the same kind of love, albeit for a different car, Honda City. Have 2 in the garage simultaneously. :P

I think it's only WagonR, City and Innova which are able to achieve this kind of admiration and following. People replace one with the same car, just a newer model.
bansal.sushant is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2017, 14:40   #34
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCEite View Post
Great to know issue is resolved.

Please let us know how it was cleaned ? Did they use some special cleaning agent?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Glad to see its not rust.

How did they sort it out?
They used some kind of buffing paper which rather looked like a soft sandpaper to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrAzY dRiVeR View Post
Confused after reading the post following the smiley.
I meant to say that he did not apologise for the car's condition but treated me properly in the resolution of the issue by providing me with a concrete proof that it was not rust.

Quote:
Glad to know it's not rust, but is still a very appalling condition for a brand new car. Have they provided any further resolutions to get it to the brand new condition it deserves to be in?
Quote:
Originally Posted by dhanushs View Post
Also, on a brand new car you shouldn't compromise and get it fully cleaned up. It puts some benchmark standards for the service centre when dealing with you as a customer.
It is now in pristine condition, only some parts remain to be cleaned, which they will work upon during the first service.
I got it done only partially since I had the hurry to return to my hometown, so I thought that it can be done during the first service.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sohail99 View Post
It looks like rail dust which started to rust after getting bonded to the top layer of paint(owing to high humidity or rainy season)
Maybe???? or maybe not since maruti uses railroad for distant transports only but my place is only 500kms away from gurgaon.
Quote:
Originally Posted by libranof1987 View Post
Glad you got the issue partially sorted.

I think you should still insist on at least a full re-paint of the roof, ORVMs and whatever else had those spots.

Whatever be the cause, however insignificant, it is non-acceptable in a new car.
Yes, it is not acceptable but it can be cleaned completely so why should I get a repaint.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bansal.sushant View Post
Happy to see that your issue was resolved! Wishing you a happy journey.

I also share the same kind of love, albeit for a different car, Honda City. Have 2 in the garage simultaneously. :P

I think it's only WagonR, City and Innova which are able to achieve this kind of admiration and following. People replace one with the same car, just a newer model.
Yes, completely true. Wishing you too happy motoring.

Last edited by Shreyas Agarwal : 9th September 2017 at 14:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks