Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 24th September 2017, 12:54   #31
BHPian

Re: How do you remember your driving position?

Nice thread this! That said, I guess I'm minority! On my Ecosport I adjust the seat and steering based on the driving conditions!
1. City + heavy traffic: Seat & steering at maximum height, steering reach pushed all the way back, seat pulled closer to the steering (about 12in from my chest).
2. City + light traffic: Same like above except seat pulled back by a few inches (2-3).
3. Highway: Seat height at mid & steering at lowest, reach pulled to maximum and seat pushed back enough to keep around 16in gap from my chest.
Apart from these, the lumbar support is always at max and I keep changing the seat back angle based on real time comfort....due to my spondylitis issue.
Old 24th September 2017, 13:30   #32
Team-BHP Support

Yes, its very very tricky. So we devised a simple formula. I am the primary driver, and I drive the car more, so L1 is my position, and L2 is wife's
This way I always know I have to push the L1 button, and when my wife drives she has to push the L2 button.

It also helps, that due to significant difference in our driving positions, if she has driven before me or vice a versa, we always know that we have to push the button.

Only problem, the RVM does not auto adjust with pressing the memory buttons, so that is a big pain
Old 25th September 2017, 02:09   #33
BHPian

So, I am not the only one so finicky about the seating, steering and mirror positions.

The biggest challenge I face is after the car returns from a service or interior cleaning session. That is when ALL these settings are played with. My wife does not drive and that makes it one problem less Valets usually only adjust the seat position and mirrors and not usually the back angle or steering positions.

Being 6' 3" who prefers laid back driving posture, two things are set for me - Seat pushed all the way back and steering pulled all the way close to me. What usually troubles is the seat height, backrest angle and steering rake position.

I am very very particular about the seat height as any change from my ideal position gives me knee and/or ankle pain during long drives. Steering rake position is next as a different than usual position can give me elbow pains. Thankfully, I very well know which angle works for me and hence the back rest angle is the easiest for me to set. Sometimes, things fall into place in the first attempt but sometimes it takes me days.

To prevent this headache, I would be having Memory seats as one of the key points when I search for my next car.
Old 27th September 2017, 19:30   #34
Senior - BHPian

Erm, I'd just remove the seat controls. Maybe just keep the forward-backwards rod accessible so taller people can drive if needed. That position is can be marked easily.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks