Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 10th July 2022, 01:22   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Drove through water. Now, I cannot engage the clutch with the engine running!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay0612 View Post
Today I did exactly what you have described (i.e. Driven through deep water and shifted gear midway) and landed into problem - Gear shifting ok when car not powered on, but unable to slot into any gear when engine powered on.
I was mulling over prospect of towing car to service station but decided to check on the web first and stumbled upon your post. What a relief to know that I haven't broken anything .
I waited for couple of hour but to no avail. Slotted the car into 4th gear, turned the ignition key to give a jerk, voila, the clutch got freed from flywheel. Turned ignition on and gears are slotting fine.
Do I need to do anything more to avoid potential problems as I have to go on long drive soon. Thanks.

Haha, I am glad that post helped.

Now what you need to do is go on the highway on a high rpm run and see if everything is good. The high rpm run will evaporate whatever water might be inside and then you are as good as new.
humyum is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th January 2023, 16:56   #32

Re: Drove through water. Now, I cannot engage the clutch with the engine running!

Can a rusted clutch cause jerkiness when accelerating after normal braking in a Ford petrol automatic 2017 model. The mechanic says that wading across normal rainwater puddles can cause rusting in a Ford ecosport because of a manufacturing defect. When I approach truebil for a warranty coverage, they say we only cover engine and transmission. Clutch forms part of none of the two.
Come back from a long drive from delhi to kasauli and back absolutely fine except this occasional jerkiness. Get back to delhi, park my car and start the next day to see a warning sign saying transmission malfunction. Car strains to move and have it towed to Ford showroom. They say that a rat has cut the ABS cable and hence the failures. Bill me for three different kind of transmission sensors and a gear motor. Not understood how a car which drove perfectly fine for 600 km in 3 days suddenly develops all these problems. Can someone advice.
Old 9th July 2023, 17:39   #33

Gearshifter stuck after driving through floods

Hi everyone,

I had to venture today in Gurgaon during incessant rains for some urgent work to the hospital. I had to wade through quiet a bit of water on the way.

Didn’t have any problems water wading reaching hospital and coming back. However, in the evening when I started the car, the gear shifts wouldn’t work. Cars starting properly but gears wouldn’t budge.

I did had to wade through the water in first gear for some time. Don’t know what’s causing this problem.

Any help from experienced members is much appreciated.

Thanks

Most Viewed