Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 21st September 2017, 17:08   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Honda's weirdness: Parts for the left side cost thrice as much as those on the right

Big thanks to BHPian dip27in for sharing this! While shopping for his 2000 Honda City Vtec, he found that parts for the left-hand-side cost multiple times that of the same part on the right-hand-side. Example:
Wheel Cylinder Rear left : Rs. 2069.89 (Part Number 43301S04003)
Wheel Cylinder Rear right : Rs. 616.72 (Part Number 43301S04003)

That's over thrice as much!

Check this out. The left-hand-side drive shaft is for Rs. 57000, whereas the RHS is for Rs. 17000. At another dealer, the pricing was 59k vs 12k:
Honda's weirdness: Parts for the left side cost thrice as much as those on the right-honda.jpeg

He's also attached screenshots of the pricing in the USA, where both sides are priced the same:
Honda's weirdness: Parts for the left side cost thrice as much as those on the right-honda_spareparts_01.jpg

Honda's weirdness: Parts for the left side cost thrice as much as those on the right-honda_spareparts_02.jpg

Although the amount is small, it's almost a 50% difference between the price of the LHS & RHS mudguards:
Honda's weirdness: Parts for the left side cost thrice as much as those on the right-capture.jpg

Last edited by GTO : 21st September 2017 at 17:12.
GTO is offline   (21) Thanks
Old 21st September 2017, 17:29   #2
BHPian

Re: Honda's weirdness: Parts for the left side cost thrice as much as those on the right

Thanks GTO for helping us out to create an awareness among car lovers like us. I have been fighting with Honda for quite sometime. Very few items which share the same part number ( rarely in case of Honda) doesn't seem to be affected. Otherwise I have noticed the issue is almost with all items which they are not correcting.
The Honda Car India has accepted their issue and have requested the dealer to issue a refund, however I think already many has suffered due to this issue.

PS. I have included the invoice which GTO has referred already. Please note, that the back plate of the left hand side is double the price of the right hand side. It can be verified at any dealership.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda's weirdness: Parts for the left side cost thrice as much as those on the right-invoice-vehicle-number-wb02l5409_1_001.png  

Last edited by dip27in : 21st September 2017 at 17:57. Reason: wanted to include the invoice copy towards proof.
dip27in is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 20:16   #3
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Honda's weirdness: Parts for the left side cost thrice as much as those on the right

I faced a similar issue in Toyota. I had to change both the disc rotors. The service center guy, after checking the details on their computer told me, only the right hand side rotor was available and the left one was out of stock.

I took the part number of the left disc rotor and called up another Toyota service center for checking its availability. On further inquiry i found out that the part number i gave them was from the older stock and the new stock came with different part number. I noted down the new part number and asked the service center guy to search with the new part number. He promptly checked it and to my good luck he had both the rotors present with the new part number and surprisingly the price of the rotors with the new part number was lesser than the older one!

What i understand is spare parts prices are updated with new stock/ new part number of the same spare. Honda must have missed out on their internal update to rectify the price change.

Last edited by Samba : 22nd September 2017 at 20:31.
Samba is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd September 2017, 20:34   #4
Senior - BHPian

Just guessing here,May not be old vs new source, but possibly prices for local vs global sourcing based on availability
greenhorn is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd September 2017, 09:13   #5
BHPian

My research with their system says, it has affected cars till 2007/8. The parts of City Zx is equally affected however i wasn't allowed to collect the estimate sheet since i only had a VIN with me. Civic somehow is out of purview, since I have checked it with my 2009 civic as well.

If it was a global vs local price issue, then they wouldn't have agreed to refund the amount. For me refund is not the only solution, since it will only solve my concern but a larger mass of car owners/ lovers are affected due to their internal issue.
Attached Thumbnails
Honda's weirdness: Parts for the left side cost thrice as much as those on the right-capture.jpg  

dip27in is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed