Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th October 2017, 11:49   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
So my question would be - are the pothole thuds muted after the replacement or do they filter into the cabin with the same intensity like in the earlier setup.
There was no excessive noise or thud on potholes in my car even with old suspension. I have not noticed any change in behaviour in terms of noise. I will drive more and keep you posted. Ride quality at low speeds on bad roads has become lot better now. Also any car would filter some noise into the cabin when you crash into potholes.
Old 8th October 2017, 20:13   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

Dad has driven more than 300 km post installation of new suspension setup. He is very happy with the improvement. The car feels very smooth. There is no noticeable difference in straight line stability or cornering. I was little skeptical about handling as the new suspension setup is slightly softer. The suspension setup of 2017 Baleno is perfect balance between ride and handling
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 07:39   #18
Senior - BHPian

At TD itself, I ticked the Baleno of my list for it's rather revealing ride: it's too revealing for Indian road conditions. It's very difficult to make peace with such a ride quality on a daily basis.
Old 12th October 2017, 09:35   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Durango Dude View Post
At TD itself, I ticked the Baleno of my list for it's rather revealing ride: it's too revealing for Indian road conditions. It's very difficult to make peace with such a ride quality on a daily basis.
Have you driven any 2017 make Baleno? The ride is much better
Old 12th October 2017, 16:06   #20
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
Thanks for the post, I am due to get my 2015 December Baleno Delta Petrol's suspensions changed.

My question is, although the rear suspension is very bouncy and very hard, but I have also observed is that it is more noisy than it is bad. So my question is- Is the suspension noise reduced after the replacement?
Noise - Yes in my case. Also from one of the pics that Dr.Naren has posted here, I can clearly see difference in rear shock absorber. I think it now comes with Bump stopper ( Something which Creta has ).

Ride quality in my car has become softer and I can take it over humps at higher speeds now.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 16:15   #21
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
I can clearly see difference in rear shock absorber. I think it now comes with Bump stopper ( Something which Creta has ).
No, it was there even in old rear shocks. Service guys had removed them while dismantling

Quote:
Ride quality in my car has become softer and I can take it over humps at higher speeds now.
Yes, the ride has improved very much!!

Could you provide more details about your replacement? Maruti has voluntarily done it in your case, right?

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 12th October 2017 at 16:17.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 20:04   #22
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Could you provide more details about your replacement? Maruti has voluntarily done it in your case, right?
I had mailed contact@nexa, after which I got a call from nexa, and next day from service centre.

They only replaced rear shock absorbers and ride quality improved after this.
but front was still hard and suspension made lot of noise when going in potholes.

3 months later, I got a call for total replacement, without me reporting any issue. My car falls within the cutoff VIN range, and I assume that must be the reason why they called me.

I have a colleague whose car also is in same range, he has not got any call from Nexa/Maruti yet.
silverado is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 22:14   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Have you driven any 2017 make Baleno? The ride is much better
I've gotten the Honda City CVT even here I found the ride a little harsh and it crashes on road cuts (these are a dime a dozen in my area) Compared to all these, I can just barrel down all rough roads with my 12 year old Elantra.
Old 16th October 2017, 11:04   #24
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I've gotten the Honda City CVT even here I found the ride a little harsh and it crashes on road cuts (these are a dime a dozen in my area) Compared to all these, I can just barrel down all rough roads with my 12 year old Elantra.
There will be many other cars having better suspension than your Elantra as well sir. What we are trying to compare here is ride quality for Hatchbacks in price range of 7-9 lakhs.

Coming back to my Baleno, I did a highway run this weekend and the difference in ride is noticeable.Body roll has increased ,but handling is not hampered much since tyres are doing their job really well.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 11:10   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Body roll has increased ,but handling is not hampered much since tyres are doing their job really well.
I was worried about handling and high speed stability as the present setup is little softer. I will get to test the car in few days.. Hope it performs well on ghats!!
Old 16th October 2017, 21:56   #26
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
There will be many other cars having better suspension than your Elantra as well sir. What we are trying to compare here is ride quality for Hatchbacks in price range of 7-9 lakhs.

Coming back to my Baleno, I did a highway run this weekend and the difference in ride is noticeable.Body roll has increased ,but handling is not hampered much since tyres are doing their job really well.
The problem is I didn't have any complaints about the ride quality of the Elite i20 which falls in the same bracket! I've a feeling the Baleno sells mainly because of the marketing savvy of Maruti. Don't get me wrong, that's my opinion, but the ride is too harsh for a mainstream hatch. Actually the Elite i20 rides a lot better than the Honda City: I've been driving Hyundai's for almost 18.5 years so I may have become spoilt by the wallowy and plaint ride. No offense.

Last edited by Durango Dude : 16th October 2017 at 22:16.
Durango Dude is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 10:55   #27
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The problem is I didn't have any complaints about the ride quality of the Elite i20 which falls in the same bracket!
Totally agreed.Baleno's ( 2016 ) ride quality is harsh/and unacceptable for such a premium car.We are still curious to know if you took a ride in 2017 Baleno?
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th October 2017, 22:52   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Totally agreed.Baleno's ( 2016 ) ride quality is harsh/and unacceptable for such a premium car.We are still curious to know if you took a ride in 2017 Baleno?
I haven't TD the 2017 Baleno.
Old 20th October 2017, 14:59   #29
BHPian

Naren - I believe in your case MSIL has replaced the complete front/rear suspension.

I own a 2016 Zeta CVT. In my case, Maruti replaced the rear shocks alone. Yet, the difference is phenomenal.

But, when I complained about the front suspension being rock hard, they have replaced just the struts alone. The ride is still pathetic.

I have dropped the car again at the service centre today asking them to check and replace the complete front suspension.

Could you please let me the list of components that they need to replace?
Old 20th October 2017, 15:06   #30
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
I own a 2016 Zeta CVT. In my case, Maruti replaced the rear shocks alone. Yet, the difference is phenomenal.
Rear coil springs and rear beam were also changed in my car.

Quote:
But, when I complained about the front suspension being rock hard, they have replaced just the struts alone.
Only the front struts are changed in my car. Do check if they have put front struts of diesel Baleno or 2016 make parts by mistake.

Quote:
Could you please let me the list of components that they need to replace?
I have posted the bill(post #2). All the parts replaced are mentioned in it.

I know many owners who have got full suspension replacement approval in last few days. You can send the link of this thread to dealer works manager and TSM

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 20th October 2017 at 15:08.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks