Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th October 2017, 15:35   #31
Senior - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!

Hello Dr.Naren,

Pardon me for the Off-topic post, is there any way to find if the newer Wagon R's are among the list of Maruti's with stiff suspension. I find my new Wagon R dropping excessively(like an aircraft in turbulence) for the depressions on the road. The effect isn't observed when the car is fully loaded with passengers. And unsurprisingly, the service technicians do not find anything abnormal with the car.

At times on uneven roads the ride is similar to that of a jet-boat in a lake, albeit a little harsher than that of the boat. Is it due to a stiff or soft suspension? I do not know the term that defines such ride quality.

Although this might warrant a different thread, it would be great if someone could define the type of suspension in conjunction with ride quality.
Old 20th October 2017, 16:59   #32
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetsetgo08 View Post
is there any way to find if the newer Wagon R's are among the list of Maruti's with stiff suspension. I .
You can find out if you have good rapport with service guys. I will try
Old 21st October 2017, 15:16   #33
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Only the front struts are changed in my car. Do check if they have put front struts of diesel Baleno or 2016 make parts by mistake
Hi Naren, the part numbers for the Front Struts mentioned in your bill and the ones in my bill don't match.

I have asked the service manager to check the part numbers correspond to 2016 parts.

I shall keep you posted once I hear back from them.
Old 21st October 2017, 15:19   #34
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi Naren, the part numbers for the Front Struts mentioned in your bill and the ones in my bill don't match.
Can you share the part number? It should be the strut meant for Diesel Baleno
Old 21st October 2017, 17:40   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Not necessarily buddy. It can also mean different vendor. In almost all Marutis I have seen, they have 3-4 part numbers for different vendor. For example swift diesel had 3 different numbers for struts corresponding to different vendors and then petrol swift also has 3 different.

Its written on the strut whether its for petrol or diesel.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 17:57   #36
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Not necessarily buddy. It can also mean different vendor. In almost all Marutis I have seen, they have 3-4 part numbers for different vendor. For example swift diesel had 3 different numbers for struts corresponding to different vendors and then petrol swift also has 3 different.

Its written on the strut whether its for petrol or diesel.
Many owners have faced the same issue. The dealers had installed wrong struts. It's even mentioned as Gasoline and Diesel on the strut. Still many dealers have done this mistake. Another possibility is 2016 make struts.

The supplier for Baleno is Tenecco India / Monroe. I have not come across any other brands.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 19:16   #37
BHPian

Quote:
Hi Naren,

The service manager says the part number mentioned in my bill corresponds to Type 1 struts (which translates to 2016 make).

I told them I'm not satisfied with the replacement. So, I've asked them to check and replace similar to the ones mentioned in your bill (Type 2 struts 2017 make)
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!-img_20171021_1906043.jpg  

Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st October 2017, 19:22   #38
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi Naren,

The service manager says the part number mentioned in my bill corresponds to Type 1 struts (which translates to 2016 make).

I told them I'm not satisfied with the replacement. So, I've asked them to check and replace similar to the ones mentioned in your bill (Type 2 struts 2017 make)
Yes, he is correct. P20 is type 1 struts. You won't find any difference . Try to get the full setup replaced under warranty
Old 21st October 2017, 21:42   #39
Distinguished - BHPian

I got to test the car extensively today. The ride quality improvement is very significant. There is no noticeable difference in high speed stability. But I find that car is not as sharp as before on hard cornering. Overall, I can say that 50 percent improvement in ride and may be around 10 percent reduction in handling
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 23:53   #40
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Based on domestic feedback, Maruti had modified the design in 2017 cars.
Looks like even MY17 cars are affected, and Maruti is monitoring the Chassis numbers and doing all replacements.

Quoting the owner:
Quote:
Got all suspension kit changed along with rear axel and front balancing rod.. I have Feb 2017 Alpha.. Got it changed in starting of this month.. Then after I have travelled 1400km.. And I must say ride quality has improved drastically.. 1400km ride to home town and coming back to pune would not have been soo comfortable had it been old suspension.. In my 2nd free service I complained for hard suspension to which Maruti agreed and sent complete kit for replacement within 10days of complaint.. Maruti is observing chassis no. And accordingly taking decisions immediately to replace or not..
Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!-capture.jpg
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th October 2017, 23:58   #41
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Looks like even MY17 cars are affected, and Maruti is monitoring the Chassis numbers and doing all replacements.
I have read about few cases where initial batch of 2017 cars had suspension parts manufactured in 2016. Maruti has not issued even silent recall circular to dealers. It was mentioned only in MTNL(Monthly Newsletter). This is a document where Maruti lists about various issues, root cause analysis and the solution. So, it would be helpful for the dealers if any customer comes with the mentioned complaint.
Old 2nd November 2017, 12:11   #42
BHPian

So just now, I gave my car (Baleno petrol Delta 2015) for suspension change in the service center. Had a talk with the Customer Relationship Manager and he said that they have a circular that if anybody above a particular VIM number approaches with this problem then they have to change it on priority. He also admitted that even they found the suspension to be a bit on the harder side but they don't consider this to be a problem because they wanted the car to be sporty in terms if handling. However, it didn't go down too well with the customers and hence this "as per complaint replacement" and not a recall.
The job card issues is shown below which shows it is written that "suspension change as per circular"
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!-img_20171102_120141_01.jpg  

puneetakhouri is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd November 2017, 13:02   #43
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by puneetakhouri View Post
However, it didn't go down too well with the customers and hence this "as per complaint replacement" and not a recall.
Very true!! I really appreciate Maruti Suzuki for this gesture . As I have mentioned before, the suspension is not defective. Do update here after driving the car with new suspension setup.
Old 4th November 2017, 22:00   #44
BHPian

So received my car yesterday night from the service center. The customer relationship manager and service advisor were waiting for me at the service center till 9 at night.
The total bill covered under warranty is 25k and they have changed almost every part of suspension both front and rear (total 16 parts as per them). The bill has been attached at the end of this post.
Didn't get to drive a lot yesterday but got a chance to take it on a winding bridge and I decided to take it without applying the brakes.
Good Things
  • To my relief the car still holds the line pretty well without too much body roll.
  • The potholes and manhole covers are relatively much better muted now and you don't feel much of it into the cabin. However the concrete road expansion joints still seep in like earlier.
  • The best thing has been that I feel the steering is weighing up perfectly now. It has stiffened up a bit and taking turns require a tad bit more effort but still it feels good.

Not so good things
  • With a softer suspension setup, the problem is that the pitching is very very noticeable. Especially with load the car pitches a lot on undulating roads.
  • Earlier my wife used to complain of the ride being too harsh. But after the change my wife feels that because of this pitching movement, she might get that lightness in her belly which might induce vomit.

Overall I am pretty satisfied with the work and although the roll is noticeable, at least my daily drive to office will be a bit more comfortable
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!-img_20171103_223734_01.jpg  

puneetakhouri is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 5th November 2017, 17:12   #45
BHPian

Quote:
Yes, he is correct. P20 is type 1 struts. You won't find any difference . Try to get the full setup replaced under warranty
Naren, I managed to get the Front Struts replaced today. Please let me know if this is the correct set.

I still find a difference in the part number between yours and mine.
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!-img_20171105_1619083.jpg  

Last edited by Prodigy07 : 5th November 2017 at 17:14.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks