Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th January 2018, 13:16   #61
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hi Naren - So, I finally managed to get the suspension replaced completely.

In order to test how the new rear suspension behaves, I took the car at slightly higher speeds over speed breakers and found that there's a loud 'THUD'

I checked if the spare wheel was not bolted properly. But that was not the case.

At low speeds, the suspension is absolutely fine.

Can you please try this in your vehicle and post your feedback?
The new suspension setup (type 2) is softer. It is much more comfortable at low speeds. The old suspension setup was more planted at high speeds (stiffer suspension). I think that is the reason for "thud". I have not noticed it yet. But it is very much possible with softer suspension. Anyways even the type 2 Baleno suspension is still on stiffer side, it's nowhere close to Hyundai softness
Old 5th May 2018, 22:18   #62

Thanks Dr. Naren for posting this information.

I just got the suspension changed under warranty for my Dec 2016 Baleno Alpha. The whole process went on very smoothly.

I dropped an email to Nexa customer care, and the very next day I was called by workshop manager of Jayabheri Service, Hyderabad.
On going there, they did an inspection of the parts, and checked VIN.

Post that, I was told that it would take a day to change these parts, and the vehicle was delivered the next day.

As you have mentioned, there is a difference for sure, but not too significant. Will find out more as I go out and test it.

Thanks,
Prashant Soni
prashantsoni23 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th March 2019, 12:45   #63
Senior - BHPian

I have been having a constant drumming noise from the suspension of my RS as I go over regular B roads. This sound is absent when I drive over smooth rubberised roads but appears when I drive over rumble strips and cats eye reflectors on such roads.

I have jacked up the car and checked for potential stones in suspensions arms etc but it all seems clean. The sound seems to appear from the rear right. All the bolts and stuff seem to be tight but it may not be so when they come under load.

Any suggestions as to what the problem might be?

Drive on,
Shibu
Old 26th March 2019, 18:22   #64
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shibujp View Post
I have been having a constant drumming noise from the suspension of my RS as I go over regular B roads. This sound is absent when I drive over smooth rubberised roads but appears when I drive over rumble strips and cats eye reflectors on such roads.

I have jacked up the car and checked for potential stones in suspensions arms etc but it all seems clean. The sound seems to appear from the rear right. All the bolts and stuff seem to be tight but it may not be so when they come under load.

Drive on,
Shibu
Had this issue in my previous baleno and it was attributed to tire. How many KMs your baleno has clocked in? If required, replacing tire may solve this issue. Another possibility, it may be just the road/tire friction, as you are not hearing anything on smooth roads.
gunsho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 09:05   #65
Senior - BHPian

I think I have traced the sound to the part where the rear torsion beam links to the chassis.
Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!-1553657430490.jpg
There is a rubber bush here that looks pretty tired and has developed cracks.
Maruti Baleno: Full suspension replaced under warranty!-1553657461958.jpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by gunsho View Post
Had this issue in my previous baleno and it was attributed to tire.
The tires are in pretty good shape. The sound too was more like something coming in contact with metal. I first suspected some stones getting into some suspension components. The car has done around 35k now.

Drive on,
Shibu
shibujp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th March 2019, 18:40   #66
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
I think I have traced the sound to the part where the rear torsion beam links to the chassis.
An update on this issue. I took the car round to the Nexa service today afternoon and showed them the issue. They tightened the bolt of the shock absorber and I believe the trailing link of the rear axle. Anyway the sound was no longer heard in the short drive to office and hope it stays that way.

Drive on,
Shibu.
shibujp is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 10:17   #67
BHPian

Quote:
tightened the bolt of the shock absorber and I believe the trailing link of the rear axle. Anyway the sound was no longer heard
Nice digging and glad to hear its gone now.
gunsho is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st April 2019, 10:56   #68
BHPian

Quote:

Drive on,
Shibu
AFIK the RS has rear disc Brakes. Check for caliper play (The piston that presses against the brake pads) a very common problem and it creates a rattle very similar to the one you have mentioned.

Had it on most of my Maruti front disc brakes and also on corolla rear disc brakes. Usually greasing the caliper will stop the rattle for some time but eventually caliper replacement will solve it.

Last edited by Rudra Sen : 6th September 2019 at 18:38. Reason: typo edited
Old 6th September 2019, 18:01   #69
BHPian

Hi,

Does anyone have any idea about the VIN cut off date for this replacement?
Or any idea about the contents of the Maruti Circular?

My friend is sick and tired of his Baleno Alpha (December 2015) and would like to get the suspension changed.
I have just given the car to Kiran Motors who insist that there is nothing wrong with the car's suspension but he is not willing to listen to this excuse any longer.

I have sent an email to Nexa customer care but would like to have something concrete to back up my claims about a free suspension recall by Maruti.

Regards,
SS
Old 6th September 2019, 18:06   #70
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by suzuki san View Post
Does anyone have any idea about the VIN cut off date for this replacement?
Or any idea about the contents of the Maruti Circular?
Do read the opening posts of the thread. VIN cut off and entire bill of the replacement parts are posted.

This is applicable to 2015 and 2016 models. Maruti upgraded to type 2 suspension in 2017. My car is October 2015 make and I did get the type 2 suspension under warranty

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 6th September 2019 at 18:27.
Dr.Naren is online now   (2) Thanks
Old 6th September 2019, 21:25   #71
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Do read the opening posts of the thread. VIN cut off and entire bill of the replacement parts are posted.

This is applicable to 2015 and 2016 models. Maruti upgraded to type 2 suspension in 2017. My car is October 2015 make and I did get the type 2 suspension under warranty
Hey, Thanks Doc.

I missed the pic with the VIN numbers. Eyesight failing.

I will show the guys at the workshop this entire thread when I go to pick up the car tomorrow.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th September 2019, 13:10   #72
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Well, great news. After a call from Nexa Customer Care yesterday and again this morning, they have agreed to change the suspension under warranty. The VIN numbers matched their circular.
It will take 10 to 12 days to source the parts and another 2 days to fit which is O.K.
Well done and Thank You Maruti!!

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th September 2019, 22:38   #73
BHPian

Hi Guys,

Pleased to report that Maruti have replaced the entire suspension under warranty. Big "Thumbs Up" to them especially as the car is almost 4 years old.

The entire job was completed in a week's time and there is a noticeable improvement in the ride quality now.

The Owner's family are really, really happy overall and I think Maruti have just guaranteed themselves a return customer.

Regards,
SS
suzuki san is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks