Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th October 2017, 14:56   #46
Senior - BHPian

Re: BMW X1 xDrive20d M-Sport: Suspension / driveshaft failure after speed-breaker on day 1

Quote:
1. Replacement of all the four tyres
2. Extended warranty till 4 years

This is a great gesture for a new owner. In fact i have no clue why tyres are being replaced. You can definitely ask for the 5 year coverage. Even if BMW rejects the request i have great respect for BMW now to have taken these steps to ensure the buyer is happy.

If the 5 year coverage package for a new car is given for free you would already be covered by the same. But if every other owner is actually paying to buy that coverage it will only make sense for BMW to charge for the coverage. I am not sure how this works hence posting this suggestion.

BMW has done everything from their side to make your experience as close to good as possible. Good luck on how it ends, but i already feel this issue is handled well by BMW.
VW2010 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 09:19   #47
BHPian

Re: BMW X1 xDrive20d M-Sport: Suspension / driveshaft failure after speed-breaker on day 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderers View Post
Here is a further update on our car.

The car is almost ready. In addition to free repair, BMW agreed for following

1. Replacement of all the four tyres
2. Extended warranty till 4 years
Kudos to BMW for handling this in a decent way. New tyres and extended warranty is definitely a good gesture.

Quote:
However our most important ask is the all inclusive Service Package for 5 years as we do not have any confidence in dealer. Our faith in dealership is shattered. We fear that dealer would take us for royal ride in case of any problem in future and hence have firmly asked BMW to provide Service pack for 5 years.
Don't take this wrong way, but that's too much to ask. Had it been 100% mechanical failure with repeat failed attempts of repair then probably it is fair to ask for a service pack. That's not the case here.

Enjoy the car!
the_skyliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 09:47   #48
Distinguished - BHPian

What’s the need to change all 4 tyres? Perhaps you should ask them to give you the service inclusive pack instead of this.
Sahil is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 11:02   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by VW2010 View Post

But if every other owner is actually paying to buy that coverage it will only make sense for BMW to charge for the coverage. I am not sure how this works hence posting this suggestion.
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_skyliner View Post

Don't take this wrong way, but that's too much to ask. Had it been 100% mechanical failure with repeat failed attempts of repair then probably it is fair to ask for a service pack.
Please consider it from the point of a buyer who just spend close to 40 lakhs and this unfortunate incident happened right outside the showroom. Add to that a non-competent dealer who can not even activate the navigation and provide product demo. Also as I have mentioned below there was some problem with the assembly or component.

In place like Jharkhand, we do not want to be milked by monopoly dealer in case of similar or any other problem in future.

BTW 3 years service and maintenance pack is being offered complimentary under current sales promotion.
We believe in asking what we want and you never know.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
What’s the need to change all 4 tyres? Perhaps you should ask them to give you the service inclusive pack instead of this.
The tyre changed was asked based on feedback from other BHPians.
Yes, we are asking for 5 years service pack. Infact we are sticking to this demand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
so what all other components did they changed?
Well, we will have to wait till dealer makes some final bill showing list of components.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turbanator View Post
And what is their conclusion about this failure?
BMW or for that matter most of the companies would not share the findings or no findings ( I believe this is our case as no BMW guy visited service center nor dealer is competent enough to prepare something like a report. Dealer only shared some photographs, measurement etc with Regional After sales- East & South India)

However as we could judge from multiple discussion with service head, this car surely had some problem from assembly stage. Part failure was the result but root cause was assembly or sub-component.

Last edited by Wanderers : 12th October 2017 at 11:08.
Wanderers is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 11:44   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
In place like Jharkhand, we do not want to be milked by monopoly dealer in case of similar or any other problem in future.

BTW 3 years service and maintenance pack is being offered complimentary under current sales promotion.
We believe in asking what we want and you never know
I agree with you on asking for what we want. I just mentioned that if that 5 year service coverage package is offered as a regular package and it was denied, BMW will honor it. But if that was anyway a paid package(For all other customers across India), BMW may ask you to pay and that is fair from BMW side as well.

Hope you get a resolution that keeps you happy with the ownership. I do not want to dent your hope but i still think BMW being a snobbish, German manufacturer who doesn't spend any effort to sell its car(as the car sells itself) and does not have too different an attitude in even monopoly less cities has actually surprised me in the way they are helping you get to a peace point. Negotiate and that is the right thing to do. Even if they dont provide the 5 year support you still have 4 years of warranty that will cover anything that happens to the car which is not because of drivers fault.

Knowing BMW they do not want an instance to turn into Skoda like image.
VW2010 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 11:56   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Please consider it from the point of a buyer who just spend close to 40 lakhs and this unfortunate incident happened right outside the showroom. Add to that a non-competent dealer who can not even activate the navigation and provide product demo. Also as I have mentioned below there was some problem with the assembly or component.

We believe in asking what we want and you never know.
This I completely agree. Once you lose trust in the dealer it is hard not to constantly worry. Only BSI can then ensure peace of mind.
the_skyliner is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 11:08   #52
BHPian

Here is what I may call the final update on our car.
BMW X1 xDrive20d M-Sport: Suspension / driveshaft failure after speed-breaker on day 1-mona-bmw-letter.jpg

The car is still not ready but expect it to be ready by coming Saturday. Front bumper needed painting due to some scratches while trying to load the car on flat bed.

Overall I can say only one thing.
Thank you BMW.
Look forward to uneventful ownership in coming years.
Wanderers is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 11:38   #53
BHPian

Quote:
Here is what I may call the final update on our car.

Overall I can say only one thing.
Thank you BMW.
Look forward to uneventful ownership in coming years.

Great news! You were right about "what's the harm in asking" and then staying firm on it.

Kudos to BMW India for this gesture. They are probably the best among all luxury brands in taking care of their customers.

Enjoy the car now!
the_skyliner is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th October 2017, 12:42   #54
BHPian

Congratulations on an acceptable resolution. Frankly, I am pleasantly surprised by the support provided by BMW and find it a contrast to VW, of which I have owned two in last 5 years (Both Ventos). Again proves all companies are not the same.
Good going.
risham is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 10:36   #55
BHPian

Great news on the resolution.

Our X1 arrived on Dhanteras. And I had been keenly following the thread and wishing that BMW gets this sorted out. The issue should not have occurred in the first place but this is a acceptable response from BMW.

Congrats and now you have peace of mind too (...and so do I )
nanu28 is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks