Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 8th May 2018, 08:55   #16
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Maruti launches Ecstar brand of lubricants & car care products in India

Maruti Suzuki set to shake up the vehicle lubricant market.

While announcing the product, Maruti Suzuki said that initially the company will offer ECSTAR to its customers at the newly launched NEXA Service workshops and then across its full service network of over 3,000 workshops across the country.

Quote:
Till now, even Maruti endorsed the Servo Maruti Genuine Oil specifically for its entire range of petrol vehicles. But with ECSTAR, things might change, as the vehicle manufacturer has decided to procure the products directly from local suppliers.
Quote:
Maruti Suzuki would be giving the specifications and suppliers will offer the product. The lubricants are then packaged and branded under the Suzuki ECSTAR brand
Link
Old 6th June 2018, 22:50   #17
Distinguished - BHPian

As speculated earlier, these Ecstar branded things are rebranded stuff of existing MGA range. Good news? Prices have generally decreased or remained constant.

Liqui Moly Plastic Deep Care becomes Ecstar Plastic Care

Maruti launches Ecstar brand of lubricants & car care products in India-20180606_202708.jpg

Maruti launches Ecstar brand of lubricants & car care products in India-20180606_202722.jpg

Manufactured and distributed by the same firms

Maruti launches Ecstar brand of lubricants & car care products in India-20180606_202649.jpg

Price decreases

Maruti launches Ecstar brand of lubricants & car care products in India-20180606_202626.jpg

PS: I am a big fan of this Plastic care product. It's excellent for dash and all plastic parts. Imparts a velvety and matte looking finish, instead of the oily and shiny finish which most other dashboard polishes give.
Leoshashi is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 00:54   #18
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
I am a big fan of this Plastic care product. It's excellent for dash and all plastic parts. Imparts a velvety and matte looking finish, instead of the oily and shiny finish which most other dashboard polishes give.
I wanted to try this, but was not available anywhere here. Tried few dealers and MGP stores. May be I need to place an order as dealers don't stock them. Maruti service guys had used some product which was very oily and shiny under sun .
Old 7th June 2018, 00:58   #19
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I wanted to try this, but was not available anywhere here. Tried few dealers and MGP stores. May be I need to place an order as dealers don't stock them. Maruti service guys had used some product which was very oily and shiny under sun .
Did you check out the MGA section of your dealer?? It should be there. All dealers in our state have this on display by the bucketloads.
Leoshashi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2018, 01:09   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Did you check out the MGA section of your dealer?? It should be there. All dealers in our state have this on display by the bucketloads.
Yes, it was not available. They had only that useless kit (Shampoo + polish + glass cleaner + interior dresser).
Old 14th August 2018, 17:18   #21
BHPian

I managed to get this Ecstar auto interior cleaning liquid today.

Can someone check and let me know if this product can be used on dashboard?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti launches Ecstar brand of lubricants & car care products in India-1534247198614.jpg  

Maruti launches Ecstar brand of lubricants & car care products in India-1534247215948.jpg  

Prodigy07 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th August 2018, 16:22   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
I managed to get this Ecstar auto interior cleaning liquid today.

Can someone check and let me know if this product can be used on dashboard?
Hello, can someone please check and provide a response?
Old 17th August 2018, 12:40   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prodigy07 View Post
Hello, can someone please check and provide a response?
Yes my friend, it can be safely used on the dashboard.
panky12345 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th December 2018, 19:29   #24
BHPian

I had been to Nexa showroom for getting a body cover for my ride. I had enquired about Sonax shampoo they showed me this ECStar kit. He tried to tell me that Sonax has changed its name as ECstar. A quick look into this thread gave a good insight and I gave it a skip. Is this kit any good cost wise its pretty cheap but how does it compare to Sonax in terms of shampoo. How good is the polish that comes along.
TIA for all the help I can get on this
Old 24th December 2018, 21:19   #25
Distinguished - BHPian

I was looking for DOT4 brake fluid and first headed to the MGP distributor who showed me a 500ml bottle of ECStar Brake Fluid which he said was white ; saw the pack which read DOT3 and priced at Rs.346 and I just walked away.

Got two genuine 250ml TVS Girling DOT4 bottles for Rs.80 each from a local store. Both the bottles together for Rs.160 makes it less than half the price of the ECStar.
vigsom is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 04:47   #26
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by knownstrangerr View Post
I had been to Nexa showroom for getting a body cover for my ride. I had enquired about Sonax shampoo they showed me this ECStar kit. He tried to tell me that Sonax has changed its name as ECstar. A quick look into this thread gave a good insight and I gave it a skip. Is this kit any good cost wise its pretty cheap but how does it compare to Sonax in terms of shampoo. How good is the polish that comes along.
TIA for all the help I can get on this
I'm glad you gave it a skip. Some points I'd like to say:

1. AFAIK, the SONAX make products haven't been rebranded as Ecstar.

2. Not every Ecstar Branded stuff is good. Talking about Detailing stuff, Liqui Moly rebranded as Ecstar items are good(Pics posted some posts back in this thread). Most of the Old MGA items made by a firm called Shineguard are crap. They are now labelled as Ecstar, but manufacturer's name is still mentioned. Except Glass Cleaner and Upholstery Cleaner(both packaged in Spray bottle and is priced approximately Rs. 100 each) you can skip almost everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by vigsom View Post
I was looking for DOT4 brake fluid and first headed to the MGP distributor who showed me a 500ml bottle of ECStar Brake Fluid which he said was white ; saw the pack which read DOT3 and priced at Rs.346 and I just walked away.

Got two genuine 250ml TVS Girling DOT4 bottles for Rs.80 each from a local store. Both the bottles together for Rs.160 makes it less than half the price of the ECStar.
JFYI, Maruti is still using DOT3 for all its models. There is no DOT4 in MGP.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 25th December 2018, 19:14   #27
BHPian

Quote:
I'm glad you gave it a skip. Some points I'd like to say:
I was aware that Sonax was not re branded its just that they tried to sell it to me saying that Sonax has changed its name instead of saying its their own brand.
I have used this kit in its original pack before re branding and I wasn't greatly impressed with the results.
Guess I am better off going for Sonax shampoo from Amazon or carpowergrid.
Thanks for your input.

Last edited by aah78 : 25th December 2018 at 21:15. Reason: Quote fixed.
knownstrangerr is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 09:32   #28
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
PS: I am a big fan of this Plastic care product. It's excellent for dash and all plastic parts. Imparts a velvety and matte looking finish, instead of the oily and shiny finish which most other dashboard polishes give.
Since you said you're a big fan of this plastic care product & if the admins don't mind a slight OT...

I will suggest you this product. Easily lasts for 3-4 years even if used undiluted (recommended is 1:10 dilution with water) & leaves a finishing that's super duper protective. I tested on my CBR for nearly 5 years now & the plastics getting faded are things of past.

Maruti launches Ecstar brand of lubricants & car care products in India-perl500.jpeg
aargee is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 13:11   #29
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aargee View Post
Since you said you're a big fan of this plastic care product & if the admins don't mind a slight OT...

I will suggest you this product. Easily lasts for 3-4 years even if used undiluted (recommended is 1:10 dilution with water) & leaves a finishing that's super duper protective.
I agree. Have used it and the results were awesome. Best part was:It can be used for multiple surfaces like Rubber, Plastic, leather etc.

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed