Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 17th December 2018, 10:13   #226
BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

Took the plunge, got the remap done for my sx4D. Absolutely love the drive now compared to before,or should i say it drives like a petrol turbo car.
Better drive-ability,less gear changes just what i had in mind.
How i wish the team could load switchable maps that would have been amazing, sadly due to some file size issue its not possible for the sx4.

My requirements were very clear, i wanted a reliable map with no CEL cropping up, no excess smoke etc.

I drive 140 kms daily, yes 70 kilometer's is the distance from my home to the new airport site in goa. Earlier the car used to feel very buzzy,strained now post remap she is silent and more easier to drive.

Wolf team guys are absolutely amazing,down to earth and very customer oriented. Special shout out to sreekanth from wolf team who was patient to address all my queries and give me a good map.

Naren,it was a pleasure meeting you and Rajiv, hope to see you guys around again in goa for another session.
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 26th December 2018, 01:25   #227
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
Took the plunge, got the remap done for my sx4D. Absolutely love the drive now compared to before,or should i say it drives like a petrol turbo car.
Happy to hear that you are in love with Wolf remap . I am running slightly more aggressive map from Wolf in SX4 compared to yours. How's the smoke levels post remap?

Quote:
Naren,it was a pleasure meeting you and Rajiv
Same here!
Old 26th December 2018, 09:18   #228
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Happy to hear that you are in love with Wolf remap . I am running slightly more aggressive map from Wolf in SX4 compared to yours. How's the smoke levels post remap?

Same here!
Smoke can be seen when i am bit aggressive and hit the turbo zone,i did speak to wolf regarding this and was told it can be taken care. I have seen normal cars also puff smoke on hard acceleration,my car also used to show some smoke when driven aggressive prior to remap in the turbo zone. If its normal(please let me know on this) then i would leave it the way it is as i am happy with the map and don't want to tinker and make it worse.

I have also noticed that when i drive sedately due to huge traffic pileups in goa at the moment, the car drives different, when i drive it say a little aggressive then she behaves different, is this due to driver maps getting updated as per driving style? Does something like this take place?

My next car i am going to do a remap post 1st service, i like the feel of the car post remap and i think if done properly it really changes the whole driving experience of the particular car.

Naren, what is the effect of your car throwing more smoke, does it affect the engine in any way or is it just because of a little over fueling?
Old 26th December 2018, 09:44   #229
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by scorpian View Post
If its normal(please let me know on this) then i would leave it the way it is as i am happy with the map and don't want to tinker and make it worse.
A puff of smoke under wide open throttle is normal. Talk to Wolf team if you observe continuous black smoke.

Quote:
I have also noticed that when i drive sedately due to huge traffic pileups in goa at the moment, the car drives different, when i drive it say a little aggressive then she behaves different, is this due to driver maps getting updated as per driving style? Does something like this take place?
May be. But, I suspect increased IAT in city driving which lowers the performance

Quote:
My next car i am going to do a remap post 1st service, i like the feel of the car post remap and i think if done properly it really changes the whole driving experience of the particular car.

Quote:
Naren, what is the effect of your car throwing more smoke, does it affect the engine in any way or is it just because of a little over fueling?
More fueling = More Smoke = More EGT. Turbo would be at risk if I do WOT at higher speeds for long duration.
Old 17th January 2019, 01:13   #230
Distinguished - BHPian

The latest development in ECU tuning is introduction of bench flash for Bosch MED/EDC17 ECU. There is no need to open ECU here, it has to be only removed from the car. The flash counter is not incremented too. This method is safer and better than even OBD flash. But it's available for only latest gen Bosch ECU's as of now.

Autotuner
ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-img_20190117_005635.jpg
CMD
Name:  news_bosch_res2.png
Views: 3086
Size:  556.6 KB
Flex

This will be useful for Indian cars like S-Cross 1.6, Jeep Compass 2.0 MJD, Baleno RS , Creta / Verna / Elantra 1.6 CRDI etc which required opening up of ECU before. Also I would prefer to go with this method even when OBD flash is available because this is safer and doesn't increment the flash counter

Last edited by Dr.Naren : 17th January 2019 at 01:18.
Dr.Naren is online now   (8) Thanks
Old 17th January 2019, 20:13   #231
BHPian

Quote:
The latest development in ECU tuning is introduction of bench flash for Bosch MED/EDC17 ECU. There is no need to open ECU here, it has to be only removed from the car. The flash counter is not incremented too. This method is safer and better than even OBD flash. But it's available for only latest gen Bosch ECU's as of now.

Autotuner
Attachment 1837974
CMD
Attachment 1837975
Flex

This will be useful for Indian cars like S-Cross 1.6, Jeep Compass 2.0 MJD, Baleno RS , Creta / Verna / Elantra 1.6 CRDI etc which required opening up of ECU before. Also I would prefer to go with this method even when OBD flash is available because this is safer and doesn't increment the flash counter
Will this also work on XUV 500. I'm very keen on getting my XUV remapped but the limited option is holding me back. Considering XUV ECU to be little more complicated I'm not too keen on opening it up for remap. Also not many people have got their XUV remapped so the next best bet available is a dual channel Race Dynamics. If this can help me with the XUV then will surely like to get it done otherwise might go for Dual Channel RD next month.

Last edited by CrAzY dRiVeR : 17th January 2019 at 20:32. Reason: Removed video link from qouted post.
Old 17th January 2019, 20:27   #232
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabhkum View Post
Will this also work on XUV 500. I'm very keen on getting my XUV remapped but the limited option is holding me back. Considering XUV ECU to be little more complicated I'm not too keen on opening it up for remap.
XUV 500 also has Bosch EDC17 ECU. As of now XUV ECU has not been listed.

Yes, XUV ECU is little tricky to open and remap. But, you need not worry with an experienced tuner. I would suggest Wolf Moto as I have personally seen them working on XUV 500 ECU .
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 25th January 2019, 15:11   #233
BHPian

After going through this thread multiple times and scouring multiple websites I finally decided to take the plunge and remap my Skoda Laura TSi. Being a manual I was not worried about the DSG failures.
I went for a Superchips remap from N1 Engineering as I happen to know people over there for a long time now. Must admit that I have been talking with them for a remap since quite some time and have bombarded them with multiple questions, multiple times. Since I use this car mainly for highway runs only, I just wanted to be sure that the car doesn't create any issues.

Now the moment of truth- what has been the result of the remap?
To begin with the car did feel much smoother at lower revs and gears. However things became very very much different once the turbo spools up. The 30 - 100 runs have become not only smoother but the car is also feels much more eager to pull.

Are there any specific indicators/markers that I should test for? Recommendations will be highly appreciated.
Maverick1977 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th January 2019, 18:25   #234
BHPian

Quote:
Hi doctor, are you aware if any of our Indian tuners offer this method of remapping? Might consider doing this for the Creta in that case.

Thanks in advance and cheers!
Old 28th January 2019, 18:27   #235
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Turrrb0 View Post
Hi doctor, are you aware if any of our Indian tuners offer this method of remapping? Might consider doing this for the Creta in that case.

Thanks in advance and cheers!
GT Tunerz / Quantum UK have already remapped Creta by this method .
ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-fb_img_1548680232683.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/14174717316...8962745795300/
Dr.Naren is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th March 2019, 09:57   #236
BHPian

Experts please advise if remaps are available for the 1.6 MPI petrol engine in Vento/Rapid. If yes, what one can expect in terms of increase in BHP/Torque and Drivability and who are the recommended tuners. Thanks in Advance!
Old 8th March 2019, 11:24   #237
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by altius View Post
Experts please advise if remaps are available for the 1.6 MPI petrol engine in Vento/Rapid. If yes, what one can expect in terms of increase in BHP/Torque and Drivability and who are the recommended tuners. Thanks in Advance!
Yes, remap is available. Gains won't be much, but you should notice the difference. I would recommend GT Tunerz ( Quantum UK ) or Wolf Moto for NA cars .
Dr.Naren is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 19:02   #238
BHPian

Ever since I have remapped the Laura on certain occasions when I want to give a scare to my fellow passengers I slow down the car, put it into 3rd gear and then floor the accelerator. The result is a sudden push in the seat feeling with a wheel spin which tends to put a smile on my face and a look which is priceless on the face of my passengers.

Although I have done this not more than 3 to 4 times I am getting a bit worried if this little stunt of mine is causing undue pressure on the internals especially on the clutch. I have changed the clutch hardly 6 months back and I don't want to be left with a fried clutch any time soon.

I would like to know if anyone else has faced issues with their clutch or internals post remapping. Also will this little stunt of mine be an issue in the months to come? Your views will be highly appreciated.
Maverick1977 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 11th March 2019, 21:34   #239
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick1977 View Post
Ever since I have remapped the Laura on certain occasions when I want to give a scare to my fellow passengers I slow down the car, put it into 3rd gear and then floor the accelerator. The result is a sudden push in the seat feeling with a wheel spin which tends to put a smile on my face and a look which is priceless on the face of my passengers.

Although I have done this not more than 3 to 4 times I am getting a bit worried if this little stunt of mine is causing undue pressure on the internals especially on the clutch. I have changed the clutch hardly 6 months back and I don't want to be left with a fried clutch any time soon.

I would like to know if anyone else has faced issues with their clutch or internals post remapping. Also will this little stunt of mine be an issue in the months to come? Your views will be highly appreciated.

Unless you are slipping the clutch, there is no issue at all. BTW what kind of monstrous power is your car making that it causes wheels to spin in 3rd gear?
Old 12th March 2019, 19:50   #240
Senior - BHPian

Extremely newbie to this thread and to the ECU remap world, so pardon me for this naive query.
Is remapping feasible for Baleno (Old Sedan'04 model) by any means. Not keen in making any hardware modifications like turbo's etc, but just an ECU tuning. The stock spec is 94bhp and what gains would come in if at all there is an option.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks