Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th April 2020, 11:35   #301
Senior - BHPian

Re: Octavia Mk1 Vrs Remap ( Auq Spec )

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna_ksh View Post
Can a A.S.S dealer do it for me as I think this might be a better option than going for custom maps and it might workout a bit cheaper too.
I don't think any A.S.S dealer would do a non-India spec map for your car. I think your only option is to approach a reputed tuner outside the realm of authorized service. Why don't you give a call to tuners like Wolf Moto / Code 6 to get to know the possibilities.
clevermax is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th April 2020, 01:41   #302
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Octavia Mk1 Vrs Remap ( Auq Spec )

Quote:
Originally Posted by laxmanrk View Post
I have an Ecosport S Ecoboost and am contemplating getting it re-mapped(stage 1). Has anyone on the forum got it done? I would prefer it to be done in Hyderabad but can also go to Bangalore.
The car can be remapped. I would suggest GT Tunerz in Hyderabad or Wolf Moto in Bangalore.

Quote:
Originally Posted by nischalreddy View Post
Thanks for the info. Who is good for doing turbo boost in Chennai or Bangalore. Thanks in advance
Choose a tuner based on the car which you are going to remap. There are many tuners in Bangalore like Code 6, Wolf Moto, TOT etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by krsna_ksh View Post
Good Afternoon Folks!!

I plan to get my Mk1 Octavia VRS remapped.

As per my knowledge the vrs available in India was a detuned version with the engine code ( AUM )

Whereas the one available in the European market was a ( 180 hp ) engine code ( AUQ )

I wanted to know if I can go for a AUQ Spec Remap and where can I get it done.
I don't think Skoda would help you here. You can't just flash stock Europe file as the ECU SW version would be different and the car won't even start. I suggest you to check with Rajiv from Wolf Moto. He has worked a lot on this ECU and even developed switchable maps.
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 01:21   #303
BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

Hi Doctor Naren, I'm looking to improve the drivability of my Brio 1.2 AT(5 speed torque converter) especially at the mid range. What mod do you suggest ? Will remapping help ? Or is it better not to do anything and leave it at stock for a NA petrol with torque converter gearbox ?
Old 30th April 2020, 02:14   #304
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebrother View Post
Hi Doctor Naren, I'm looking to improve the drivability of my Brio 1.2 AT(5 speed torque converter) especially at the mid range. What mod do you suggest ? Will remapping help ? Or is it better not to do anything and leave it at stock for a NA petrol with torque converter gearbox ?
You can try a remap. Not all tuners are good at NA remaps. I would suggest to try Wolf Moto. But, I am not very sure if your car could be remapped. Brio gets two types of ECU's from Bosch and Keihin. Do check with Wolf if they have a solution for AT variant.
Dr.Naren is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 30th April 2020, 04:35   #305
BHPian

I stay close to Code6. I had enquired there once when I had given one of my other car there for a service. They claim it as doable. Is there any other options apart from remapping ?
Old 30th April 2020, 05:04   #306
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by littlebrother View Post
I stay close to Code6. I had enquired there once when I had given one of my other car there for a service. They claim it as doable. Is there any other options apart from remapping ?
Hey, I had the same question as well, I have the Amaze AT. I have used Mobil-1 synthetic oil, injector cleaners and upsized tyres. This has largely help improve the performance and mileage.
I've always thought of getting the car remapped but I don't think that's ever going to happen. Hence, I've done the things above to try and improve the performance of the vehicle.
Old 1st May 2020, 13:09   #307

The Car Comes with Keihin ECU upto 2013 ish and Bosch after that.
Old 28th May 2020, 16:05   #308

I own a Polo GT TSI, looking to get the ECU remapped along with the air filter upgrade.

I have Pete's, Code6, Quantum UK, and Revo dealers available in my city.

Not sure which one is better over another. Pointer
Old 28th May 2020, 16:27   #309
BHPian

Hi BHPians

I live in Delhi and I am very new to tuning. My 2016 Polo 1.2 MPI Petrol is absolutely untouched but now I am getting an itch to do something to enhance it's performance. Largely inspired by this article

Any help on how to start, where to go, what to look for, how much does it cost will be great.
Old 29th May 2020, 10:03   #310
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sreesh1009 View Post
Hey, I had the same question as well, I have the Amaze AT. I have used Mobil-1 synthetic oil, injector cleaners and upsized tyres. This has largely help improve the performance and mileage.
I've always thought of getting the car remapped but I don't think that's ever going to happen. Hence, I've done the things above to try and improve the performance of the vehicle.
Up sized tyres will not improve performance or mileage, infact it will negatively affect both. In your case, the fully synthetic oil would have helped by not dropping power.
Old 29th May 2020, 11:52   #311
BHPian

Pete's had a flat 40% off on Remaps offer going on until last week. Called and asked about a stage 1 for my Vento TSI in Mumbai- They quoted INR 11,400 inc GST after discount. Claimed increase in power and torque was 18-22%.

Was the price too high for a stage 1 remap or was I wrong in not opting for this deal?
Old 30th May 2020, 15:20   #312
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunnygt View Post
I own a Polo GT TSI, looking to get the ECU remapped along with the air filter upgrade.

I have Pete's, Code6, Quantum UK, and Revo dealers available in my city.

Not sure which one is better over another. Pointer

Petes should be the most VFM and their V3 map for 1.2 TSI is pretty good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabih View Post
Hi BHPians

I live in Delhi and I am very new to tuning. My 2016 Polo 1.2 MPI Petrol is absolutely untouched but now I am getting an itch to do something to enhance it's performance.
Most of the tuners don't remap NA petrol cars. Check with GT Tunerz Delhi, I am sure Akshay will have a solution

Quote:
Originally Posted by DeKay View Post
Was the price too high for a stage 1 remap or was I wrong in not opting for this deal?
Not at all high. It's half price when compared to competition and their map for 1.2 TSI is good too. It's ok, wait for the next offer
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st June 2020, 16:31   #313
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Petes should be the most VFM and their V3 map for 1.2 TSI is pretty good.

Most of the tuners don't remap NA petrol cars. Check with GT Tunerz Delhi, I am sure Akshay will have a solution

Not at all high. It's half price when compared to competition and their map for 1.2 TSI is good too. It's ok, wait for the next offer
Thank you Dr. Naren!
Old 7th June 2020, 22:13   #314
BHPian

Has anybody got a remap done of the Creta 1.6 VTVT? I am looking to get one soon and have been in discussion with Wolf for now. I haven't deep-dived into this yet and just going for Wolf from a friend's recommendation. I am based in Goa, and Wolf's do pay a visit in 3-4 months here.
Having said that, the gains for a NA Petrol is bare-minimal is what I got to learn from Wolf. Just wanted to to know if it's really worth it to get it done, or I am better off without one. My primary reason for getting the remap done is,
1. Need better low-end. The stock tune is horrible and car easily stalls if the accelerator inputs is less.
2. Need improvements in in-gear acceleration.
3. Additionally, I will be upsizing my car tires to 225 section, so just wanted to compensate for any loss in power; just in case.

Any other inputs will be greatly appreciated.
ashvek3141 is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2020, 08:47   #315

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashvek3141 View Post
Has anybody got a remap done of the Creta 1.6 VTVT? I am looking to get one soon and have been in discussion with Wolf for now. I haven't deep-dived into this yet and just going for Wolf from a friend's recommendation. I am based in Goa, and Wolf's do pay a visit in 3-4 months here.
Having said that, the gains for a NA Petrol is bare-minimal is what I got to learn from Wolf. Just wanted to to know if it's really worth it to get it done, or I am better off without one. My primary reason for getting the remap done is,
1. Need better low-end. The stock tune is horrible and car easily stalls if the accelerator inputs is less.
2. Need improvements in in-gear acceleration.
3. Additionally, I will be upsizing my car tires to 225 section, so just wanted to compensate for any loss in power; just in case.

Any other inputs will be greatly appreciated.
https://hyperchips.co.uk/should-i-ge...-car-remapped/

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks