Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd August 2022, 11:07   #556
BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

Hi Friends , I have a query , can we remap or use a tune box (if available) to improve the CVT engine (say Kicks 1.3T) performance and fuel efficiency ?
Old 3rd August 2022, 00:24   #557
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SinghBHP View Post
Hi Friends , I have a query , can we remap or use a tune box (if available) to improve the CVT engine (say Kicks 1.3T) performance and fuel efficiency ?
Not sure if remap is available. Better to check with tuners like Wolf or Quantum (GT Tunerz).
Old 9th August 2022, 19:16   #558
Distinguished - BHPian

After being on the fence for a long time, finally did a remap for my Vento TSI. It was a Wolf Moto Stage 1+ remap for both ECU and TCU and was done by Engineering Exponents Bangalore. First impressions are good. Will be putting up a detailed thread with the other stuff that was done after putting on some kilometers post the mapping.

Great interaction with Jayant and the team from Engineering Exponents.

Last edited by Rajeevraj : 9th August 2022 at 19:18.
Rajeevraj is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 28th August 2022, 14:23   #559
BHPian

Any reviews about superchips for remapping 530d f10. This is UK based old company. Unable to find much details.
Have option to choose from Gttunerz, code 6, etuners and superchips. None of them has dyno graphs of 530d for comparison between stock / remap.
Old 30th August 2022, 20:08   #560

Advice needed: Should I remap my Skoda Rapid 1.6 MPI MT?

Hello to my fellow TeamBHPians. This is my second post and I will try my best to express my thoughts as clearly as possible without making it too long and boring.

Let's start -
I own a 2019 Skoda Rapid at the heart of which is a 1.6L MPI petrol engine mated to a 5-speed manual transmission. The peak power and torque figures as claimed by Skoda are 105BHP and 153Nm of torque respectively.

These figures may not seem impressive on paper but after driving my car for around 12,000kms, I've learnt how to extract performance from this engine by revving the nuts out of it. It is a fun-to-drive engine and is always eager to pull even when the car is fully loaded (haven't taken it to mountains yet so I can't comment on its performance in hills)

I'll stick with my rapid for 2-3 years so I'm going to do some modifications to it. One of these mods will be to upsize the tyres from 195/55 16 to 205/55 16 (same as Slavia/Virtus)

I'm also considering to maybe do a Stage-1 remap to the ECU to improve its performance because I've driven both Slavia and Virtus 1.0 and I strongly believe that my Rapid is superior to its successors in terms of handling, steering feedback and agility (cannot comment on stability of the newer twins since I haven't driven past 100km/hr whereas my Rapid stays planted at 170km/hr)

I'll list some of the questions that I have regarding remapping

1. Will it safe to tune a NA engine? Mostly tuned cars are either diesels or turbo petrols (TSIs etc.)
2. Approximately how much of a performance increase can be expected in my car after Stage-1 remap? I checked Quantum Tuning's website and their estimation was 8% increase in power and 7% increase in torque taking the overall tally to 114 BHP and 165 Nm of torque
3. If I go ahead with my decision to do a Stage-1 remap, then would I need to replace some of the mechanical components as well?
4. Will the lifespan of the various parts in the engine and clutch be reduced due to this increase in power and torque? Will the engine develop overheating problems?
5. How much cost can I expect for a remap?

A request to all the highly experienced and knowledgeable members of our forum to kindly give their views that can help me decide whether to tune my car or not
Kanwar7421 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st August 2022, 21:17   #561
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by .cArMaNiA View Post
Any reviews about superchips for remapping 530d f10. This is UK based old company. Unable to find much details.
Have option to choose from Gttunerz, code 6, etuners and superchips. None of them has dyno graphs of 530d for comparison between stock / remap.
I would suggest GT Tunerz / Quantum UK remap. Few members here including GTO have got Quantum tune in their 530D's and have given positive feedback
Dr.Naren is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th September 2022, 14:18   #562

My Octavia 1.8 gets a stage 2 remap

Hello BHPians,
Last year i bought a used Skoda Octavia mk3.5 L&k 1.8tsi. I was quite happy with the car until i got exposed to the world of tuning. Octys produce mad numbers and i couldn't wait to get a tune for mine.

After almost a year of researching, I shortlisted 3 ecu maps for the car:-
1. Revo
2. E tuners greece
3. TVS engineering

Every person had told me that,'one can never go wrong with revo'. But the gains are not that much initially. Since this is my weekend ride I wanted more power. The problem with E tuners Greece is that it is not available in Delhi. So i would have to wait for someone from their side to visit delhi. TVS was available here so i went with that.

I went with a TVS stage 2 RON98 ecu map and a stage 2+ tcu map ( along with a K&N performance air filter). The overall feel is amazing, overtaking is phenomenal.
The gains are :-
180hp->280hp
250nm->350nm
( power figures are at crank, at the wheels it is making somewhere around 260hp)

With the tcu map, the DQ200 has become significantly faster than before. with a slight throttle input the car downshifts to the lowest gear possible. Launch control will unlocked stage 3 onwards.

The next mod is either changing the suspension setup of an exhaust upgrade.
Hope you enjoyed reading this post. Stay tuned for more!
Attached Thumbnails
ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-photo_20220906_141701.jpg  

rishabhsharma is offline   (24) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 08:33   #563
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: My Octavia 1.8 gets a stage 2 remap

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabhsharma View Post
I went with a TVS stage 2 RON98 ecu map and a stage 2+ tcu map ( along with a K&N performance air filter). The overall feel is amazing, overtaking is phenomenal.
180hp->280hp
250nm->350nm
( power figures are at crank, at the wheels it is making somewhere around 260hp)
Those are crazy numbers! Enjoy! .

What about tyres and brakes? Former already looks wider than stock. Brakes - go for EBC / Brembo or get a altogether big brake kit.
itwasntme is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th September 2022, 13:02   #564

Hi, currently I'm running on the stock wheels 205/55/R16. the tyres are too skinny and rims are too small for my taste. Will upgrade to 235 or 245 with 18-19 inch rims. The brakes are good for now, but will upgrade them after a stage 2+ setup.
Old 9th September 2022, 21:01   #565
BANNED

crazy gains they are 100hp increase it's just too good. But man what will be the life of that tiny dq200 gearbox considering the torque figures?
Old 12th September 2022, 07:44   #566

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrathamTSI7DSG View Post
crazy gains they are 100hp increase it's just too good. But man what will be the life of that tiny dq200 gearbox considering the torque figures?
The DQ200 is good till 350-380 nm and sometimes even 400nm. My gearbox is fairly young. To handle all the power I got a stage 2 + remap which makes the shifts lightning quick. But I if go for higher power figures I will opt for a race clutch upgrade.
rishabhsharma is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 00:59   #567
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rishabhsharma View Post
180hp->280hp
250nm->350nm

With the tcu map, the DQ200 has become significantly faster than before. with a slight throttle input the car downshifts to the lowest gear possible. Launch control will unlocked stage 3 onwards.

The next mod is either changing the suspension setup of an exhaust upgrade.
Hope you enjoyed reading this post. Stay tuned for more!
Congrats on the upgrade! Not to rain on your parade but I would recommend going to a different shop and asking them to test your car on a dyno. These tuner shops advertise bullshit numbers and it is impossible to make a straight up 55% increase in horsepower from just a tune and an air filter upgrade. At the very least you need better injectors, a complete exhaust overhaul/delete, strengthened internals and even a bigger turbo / intercooler to make anywhere near the amount of power claimed. I'm guessing you got a better torque curve (more torque at lower rpm) and a more sensitive response from the accelerator and more aggressive shift points for the gearbox which makes it feel much faster as long as you're not going wide open throttle. The actual power gains will be much lesser than claimed.

Try doing a few 0-100 acceleration tests to get an actual idea of the gains.
Cresterk is offline   (16) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 07:47   #568

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cresterk View Post
Congrats on the upgrade! Not to rain on your parade

Yes, even I was thinking about getting the car on a dyno. I did a 0-100 few days back and it was around 6.9 sec. Which is quite slow for a ‘ 280hp ‘ car in my opinion. In theory I should be faster than a VRS but their 0-100 is around 6.1 I guess. Plus my tyre health is bad so I lose a lot of traction.

ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-82f495e35a6e472aa5329c305a8ffd24.jpeg

Last edited by moralfibre : 14th September 2022 at 08:23. Reason: Fixing quote tag.
rishabhsharma is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 09:21   #569
Senior - BHPian

That’s some good gains. I have seen stage 1 1.8 TSIs making around 240bhp and 320nm torque. DQ200 can definitely handle these torque with TCU tune and nothing to worry, or nothing to worry additionally - if it has to fail it will fail irrespective of tuned or not.
And agree wheels definitely need upgrade, though 19 inchers would be an over kill for our conditions.
Also what suspension mods have you planned?

Enjoy your drive, it’s one heck of a car with unlimited mod potential.
sunikkat is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th September 2022, 09:58   #570
AYP
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
I would suggest GT Tunerz / Quantum UK remap. Few members here including GTO have got Quantum tune in their 530D's and have given positive feedback
Hi Doc.

Do you know whether there are any updates on remaps for the Hyundai/Kia 1.5 diesel? One of my friend got his Seltos in 2020 and with the warranty nearing completion, he is interested in a remap. However, as per my knowledge, currently there are no remaps available for this engine. It is a bit surprising that even after 3 years and thousands of Kias and Hyundais sold with this engine, a remap is yet to arrive(unless I am mistaken of course).

Is there a specific reason why the tuners have not been able to crack the ECU of this engine? Also, I am yet to see a tuned 1.4 GDi or even a 1.0 GDi for that matter.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks