Team-BHP - ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners! (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/190894-ecu-remaps-about-tools-software-tuners-9.html)

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPIKE ARRESTOR (Post 4315840)
I do, but I've nothing to do with tuning protection. My work revolves around the Torque structure in the car, but tuning protection is something which I find interesting.

Well, the information, security details etc gets leaked from the OE itself in some cases. These tuning companies find their way out. It's not easy to crack everything without the help of some insider lol:

The tool manufacturers and tuners basically hack into OE calibration, modify it by trial and error methods and sell them commercially as "remaps".

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4315844)
Well, the information, security details etc gets leaked from the OE itself in some cases. These tuning companies find their way out. It's not easy to crack everything without the help of some insider lol:

The tool manufacturers and tuners basically hack into OE calibration, modify it by trial and error methods and sell them commercially as "remaps".

From the software POV, it is fairly easy to crack security details etc. And as Dr. Naren mentions, maybe the OEMs dont mind leaking out certain protocols/parameters to the market!! Afterall, warranty and the voiding of it is still in their hands :D

Plus the marketing of the hidden potential of any particular ECU [That is mod friendly ] is bigger than what one could imagine

Quote:

Originally Posted by headers (Post 4317035)
maybe the OEMs dont mind leaking out certain protocols/parameters to the market!

It gets leaked by illegal means lol:. OEMs should be well aware that how their calibration is edited and sold commercially as remaps. But as you have mentioned, they won't bother much because they can just void the warranty.

Good news for BMW Owners!

Most of the BMW Fxx series cars had to be bench flashed. ECU had to be opened and in some cases even the board had to be flipped. Good news is that GT Tunerz are able to provide 100 percent OBD solution for these cars, there is no need to open ECU. Only 1 tool in the world is able to do these cars fully by OBD and it has become hot news in tuning forums and groups. GT Tunerz have got those tools and I believe they are the only one to have them in India.
ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-fb_img_1512633095387.jpg
https://www.facebook.com/story.php?s...78114322258356

I have finally got the Remap Itch and am planning to do ECU Remap for my 5 Yr old 78k Kms Ritz VDI. I have finalized Wolf Moto or Viezu. Looking at the reviews, the favorite seems to be Wolf Moto. However, i am from Pune and they are based in Cochin. Though they said they make trips to Pune once in 3-4 months.
The main reason i am considering Viezu is because they operate in Pune. So, in case any Issues crop up, they are within reach. Also, Viezu has the Cost Advantage compared to Wolf. 18k vs 25k. Viezu is claiming 20 bhp Power and 45 Nm Torque improvement. Wolf i think 25 bhp and 45 Nm Torque.

Wolf Team is in Pune this weekend. But my Car Servicing is due Dec-end and i would like to do the Remap Post Service. So, it will take maybe 3-4 Months for their next visit to Pune.

Anyone has any experiences with Viezu if they are good enough and reliable?
Or should i go for the tried and tested Wolf?
Suggestions Please...

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi3284 (Post 4318720)
Anyone has any experiences with Viezu if they are good enough and reliable?
Or should i go for the tried and tested Wolf?
Suggestions Please...

Viezu is a global brand and they have hundreds of dealers all over the world. They have remapped many Fiat 1.3 MJD's in Pune. It should be good :).

Wolf Moto is famous for 1.3 MJD because of switchable maps. But I don't think they have switchable maps for Ritz.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4318728)
Viezu is a global brand and they have hundreds of dealers all over the world. They have remapped many Fiat 1.3 MJD's in Pune. It should be good :).

Wolf Moto is famous for 1.3 MJD because of switchable maps. But I don't think they have switchable maps for Ritz.

Thanks Naren for the quick response.
Yes, i have confirmed with Wolf that there are no switchable maps for Ritz.
So, for a fixed map, i think Viezu should do fine.
My main concern was their reputation and experience since ECU is a Critical Component and we are making changes to it.
Thanks.

Quote:

Originally Posted by abhi3284 (Post 4318737)
My main concern was their reputation and experience since ECU is a Critical Component and we are making changes to it.
Thanks.

It's a simple OBD flash for 1.3 MJD. Many cars have been remapped and there is nothing to worry. You should be concerned only when it's a rare car / first time for the tuner like my S-Cross 1.6 :D.

Special Offers :

Pete's Remaps from Rs. 9500
ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-fb_img_1513772623634.jpg
Code 6 Remaps from Rs. 12000
ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-fb_img_1513772644763.jpg

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dr.Naren (Post 4325975)
Special Offers :

Pete's Remaps from Rs. 9500
Attachment 1708045
Code 6 Remaps from Rs. 12000
Attachment 1708046

Probably it's one of the best times to get the car remapped. Apart from these 2, Superchip is offering 15%, Revo 25% and Quantum Tuning ( G T Tunerz, Delhi) around 10%.

Quote:

Originally Posted by saurabhkum (Post 4326016)
Probably it's one of the best times to get the car remapped.

Looking at the number of tuners and competition, I won't be surprised if remap rates come down. Most of them are charging lesser than before now :D.

Quote:

Apart from these 2, Superchip is offering 15%, Revo 25%.
Is that offer still running? I think those were Black Friday offers.

I would jump on these offers if any good tuner is offering it in Bangalore.

I had been following up with WOLFMOTO since couple of months now for an appointment for my Aspire.
They were supposed to get back to me regarding a date and no response to tweets, whatsapp msgs makes me wonder what sort of support I would get after the remap.

In the meantime I'm waiting to take drive on a fellow members RD dieseltronic Aspire and decide between that and a remap.

Does Code6 have a map for Aspire?

Quote:

Originally Posted by tharian (Post 4326061)
In the meantime I'm waiting to take drive on a fellow members RD dieseltronic Aspire and decide between that and a remap.

RD dual channel box should be good. Try it out. Also check with the tuner if they can give you demo remap. After trying both, it would be easy to decide.

Quote:

Does Code6 have a map for Aspire?
Yes, they have remapped. One of my friends happened to see code 6 remapped new Figo on road and told me that he couldn't even catch up with that car in his S-Cross 1.6 :D

I am finally ready to remap my trusty old almost 6 years Figo TDCi. Love it way more than the Ritz MJD for it linear power delivery and almost nil bottom lag. Now I want it to improve its in gear acceleration and improve its top end. So I would appreciate any suggestions for a good tuner for a remap in Navi Mumbai.

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPARKled (Post 4326646)
I am finally ready to remap my trusty old almost 6 years Figo TDCi. Love it way more than the Ritz MJD for it linear power delivery and almost nil bottom lag. Now I want it to improve its in gear acceleration and improve its top end. So I would appreciate any suggestions for a good tuner for a remap in Navi Mumbai.

Figo 1.4 TDCI can be remapped through OBD port, no need to open the ECU. I believe all the tuners would have done this car. You can check with N1 racing / Pete's / Kiirus in Mumbai. Pete's has offer running at Rs. 9500. GT Tunerz Delhi (Quantum UK remaps) would be also visiting Mumbai next month as per their FB post.