Team-BHP > Technical Stuff

Search this Thread
Old 13th February 2024, 11:50   #646
BHPian

Re: ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amitanshu View Post
Hey Doctor, have fortuner 2013 AT. I want to get my beast tuned in Mumbai. Which one do you reccomend? Code 6, Superchips, Wolf?

What could go wrong is what I seek advice? Does the FE drop or improve, does braking becomes a challange?

What it does to the engine or the turbo?
I have only worked with wolf so they would be the ones I would go with.
Fuel efficiency is directly related to your pedal input. I have found my cars efficiency improve with a remap.
A proper remap would be safe and not cause any issues but in many cases may actually improve the life of the engine by bypassing the EGR system which dumps a lot of carbon in the manifold.
You need to see it to believe it.
Braking can be solved with better brake pads.
Again a good map would not affect the engine and turbo.
Go for it.
scorpian is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th February 2024, 18:40   #647

Aahh thanks for the response! I am excited and am apprehensive too but will still go for it will definitely share once i get it done and havebtravelled few hundred kilometers atleast.
Old 17th March 2024, 01:04   #648
BHPian

A dissatisfied Wolf Moto Customer

Got my EcoSport tuned from Wolf Moto (Thread - (Modifying my White Hippo - Ford EcoSport S))

After the tune, I noticed :-
  • The cruise control not functioning
  • Speed Limiter not functioning

Got in touch with Sreekanth, and soon an update was available where the cruise controls started functioning. But, speed limiter still ‘does not function’.

Additionally, wanted to go ahead with the Stage 3 setup , discussed the same with Wolf Moto person (Sreekanth). Just hate the way Wolf Moto Team handled, they didn’t even bother to answer and their unresponsive attitude has been as consistent as the speed limiter function in my car after Wolf Moto tune/remap.

Sharing few screenshots to verify my dissatisfaction :-

Asking their inputs on Turbo Upgradation for Stage 3:
ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-img_9363.png

Asking for an update and mentioning non-functioning of ‘speed-limiter’:
ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-img_9364.png

Expressing my disappointment, and Wolf Moto continuous unresponsiveness:
ECU Remaps : About Tools, Software & Tuners!-img_9365.png

I have mentioned the same on the specific thread on my EcoSport but, thought to express on this thread too, especially for those who are considering Wolf Moto tunes.

Got in touch with 2 more customers of Wolf Moto who were totally disappointed by them.
GautamJ is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 18th March 2024, 23:47   #649
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by GautamJ View Post
A dissatisfied Wolf Moto Customer
Update:

Wolf Moto customer support dropped a message on IG with Mr. Joe’s mobile number.

After a 40 minute call with Mr. Joe, he jotted down both my requests and also gave details on Stage 3 setup.

Received call from Mr. Joe today evening that he has emailed me the stock ECU file (I have received the same) and on call he said that ‘Speed Limiter’ function will NOT work with their ECU tune at least for my car.
Old 28th March 2024, 02:53   #650
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HondaSport View Post
Folks, would love to hear from anyone who has remapped their petrol i20!

I recently purchased a Pre owned i20 and the itch to upgrade is growing.

What if any improvement can be expected in acceleration, driveability and FE?
Might not be a direct comparison but I did stage 2 my 1.2 petrol baleno.

I wouldn't say the difference is night and day but:
1. Easier drivability inside city
2. My car is running a custom resonator so it sounds great
3. Overall fun to drive, quick pickup. With baleno being light as it is, it's become more fun to chug around corners.

My city is running a stage 1+ but I'd say because of the weight of the Baleno + stage 2 and the shorter gearing certainly makes it "feel" quicker to respond. Definitely completes the car for me.
Old 12th April 2024, 18:19   #651
BHPian

Two weeks ago, I impulsively had my 4-year-old Amaze Diesel, with 60,000 km on the odometer, remapped by Wolf Performance. After checking online reviews for tuners in Cochin, I called Wolf to discuss tuning options for my Amaze iDTEC. Mr. Joe answered the phone and patiently explained the available options tailored to my driving style. He recommended the Stage 1+ option, which retains the stock air filter. The interaction with him, along with the positive Google Maps reviews, boosted my confidence in their service. The Stage 1+ remap offers a performance gain of about 18%. Since I wanted to reduce gear shifts and enhance city drivability, Mr. Joe suggested sticking with the stock air filter for the Stage 1+ remap. He mentioned that for those who are heavy-footed, upgrading the air filter might be necessary to achieve maximum performance from the Stage 1+ option.

Once I finalized my plans, I fixed an appointment with Wolf Performance Cochin. I was informed that the process would need around 3 hours minimum and I can either wait there or leave the car with them. The remapping process was done by the Wolf technician Mr. Sumit. He was very friendly and was very happy to talk about the process, their tools, and cars in general. The remapping process involves hooking the flashing tool to the ECU, taking an ECU dump and then modifying the dump file according to the map, and then flashing the modified file. The time-consuming part was getting the stock dump modified. This was done by a Wolf technician elsewhere. At around the 2 hour mark, the modified map file was ready and Sumit called me up for the test drive. However, there was something wrong with the map and the engine would abruptly shut down as soon as the throttle was given. So, he re-flashed the stock map ensured the car's smooth operation and requested another map with the throttle issue fixed. One more hour later, a new map was ready and it was flashed. This time, there was no noticeable issue. We took a test drive of around 5 Km and the car was behaving as if it had got a new life.

Notable changes:
  1. In 1st gear and 2nd gear, the throttle response had become very sharp and the car was reaching the 3500 RPM mark effortlessly in no time
  1. The car had become more torquey - The need to downshift to 1st gear had considerably decreased
  1. Smooth acceleration in 3rd and 4th gear. Crossing 80kmph has become a breeze.

Post Map merries and woes
  • Check Engine Light.
    In the evening I got the remap itself, check engine light started showing up in the console. When I contacted Wolf, they asked to take back the car to them if the check engine light was persistent. Since I had to return to my native place on the same night itself, I decided to drive the car for 20 km and if the CEL showed up, cancel the journey and continue otherwise. In my return journey of 180 km, the CEL didn't show up.
  • Fuel efficiency
    The car returned a fuel efficiency of 27 kmpl on my return trip and the subsequent refuelling gave a fuel efficiency of 19. This is consistent with the fuel efficiency that I was getting before the remap.
  • Fun factor
    The car is absolutely fun to drive. Smooth acceleration when you need it.
  • CEL
    I did an OBD scan to check why the CEL was on. The scan returned the DTC P0055. This indicates a deviation in the resistance of the downstream Heated O2 sensor(HO2 sensor). The CEL can be reproduced by flooring the throttle in first gear. I discussed this with Mr Joe and he thinks that this may not be caused by the remap. Logically it makes sense as the 02 sensor heating is not controlled by the ECU. They have asked me to keep them posted regarding the FE, re-appearance of the CEL.
    There are no symptoms that a fault O2 sensor would cause. No visible smoke, no drastic drop in fuel efficiency and no rough idling.
  • It looks like the car consumes more fuel when idling. The MID fuel consumption average value drops considerably when the car is idled with AC on

Has anyone faced similar issues with the O2 sensor post remap? How critical is this issue?

Most Viewed