Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th October 2017, 18:08   #31
BHPian

Re: Vento TSI: Abysmal experience with VW's service & reliability

One more scam shows how much we need strict lemon laws. Off topic but I never imagined I would have my own horrible experience. My wife's kwid is in the service center for the past 3 days now. Lots of lies, calls not answered, laziness and stupidity. Will share details once I get the vehicle back.

@GTO- Sir, maybe you could start a petition for strict lemon laws on change.org. Please think about it.
krishnakarthik1 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th October 2017, 23:10   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ahmadnaik View Post
P.S. - Also, since this is the last time I'm bringing my vehicle to anywhere within a 100 feet of the official VW workshop, I would love to hear from existing Team BHP Volkswagen owners about alternative third party reliable workshops and service centres in South Mumbai. My research has only yielded a single name - 4S Auto - at the moment, but I'd be glad and relieved to hear anyone vouch for any other options.
I am sorry to hear your terrible experience.

I have a FNG for VW cars and he is a gem of a person, but he is not in South Mumbai, though he does provide pick up and drop services. he is located in Santacruz West. I could pass on his number to you if you would like, just drop me a pm

PS - His "workshop" looks like a car graveyard, however let me also state that he regularly works on high end cars such as the 7 series and jaguars. In fact i saw a C class down at his place getting a fresh coat of paint (the finish of which was stunning).
mmridul is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 00:14   #33
BANNED

Infractions: 0/1 (7)

It sucks when the SVC is lethargic about the issues one faces with their cars. I can totally understand what you are going through because I am having a similar set of problems with my Nano and Concorde.

Lucky ones may claim their VAG's have been trouble free but at the end of the day the general experience is very poor. To me the only reliable VAG was the Skoda Octavia 1.9 TDi. One car which could clock Lakhs of kms and still plaster a smile on your face. I don't know why VAG can't make something like that. Electronics are a welcome but upto a limit.

In your case I would honestly suggest, Sell your Vento and move on. There is no point in getting it repaired even from a third party post warranty.

Asit
asit.kulkarni93 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th October 2017, 01:10   #34
BHPian

This is a really scary and sad story. My experiences with Ford Aspire are somewhat similar. Though not so bad with the car but yes the service just gets on your nerves. You said you could do with a Hyundai instead. To be honest, that question does come to my mind very often, if i have made the right choice or it if would have been happier with something else, but even after the crap service (more on it on the Aspire thread) i get and the frequent issues here and there i still cannot reconcile my mind to be driving a Hyundai or Maruti (No offence to the owners). I don't know if it is choice supportive bias. I think my case may be a one of case and Ford as a brand is getting better.

But, how long or how bad does a car has to get or bother you so that you start hating it? That is a question i am still finding answers to.

Last edited by AKTRACK : 13th October 2017 at 01:12. Reason: corrections
AKTRACK is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th October 2017, 13:02   #35
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I would love to hear from existing Team BHP Volkswagen owners about alternative third party reliable workshops and service centres in South Mumbai. My research has only yielded a single name - 4S Auto - at the moment, but I'd be glad and relieved to hear anyone vouch for any other options.
http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/mumbai...-mumbai-4.html
This is at Dadar east - Dadasaheb Phalke road. If you do intend to visit, call him since his Garage might have shifted.

Last edited by silverado : 16th October 2017 at 13:05.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th October 2017, 09:39   #36
BHPian

So - my car got back the day before yesterday, I had to pay for an Engine oil top up and a new pair of spark plugs. There was an additional Rs 15,000 worth of expense for a new ignition coil and other stuff related to that which got covered in the warranty. It is only due to this post that I was receiving updates in the evening from Volkswagen everyday that my car was in the workshop. This was a first, and pleasantly surprising. The car seems to be running fine for now, but I'll have to take it for a longer trip with a full load to recreate the conditions under which it had stalled the last time and then pass my final verdict. Fingers crossed.
ahmadnaik is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th February 2018, 14:24   #37

Quote:
So - my car got back the day before yesterday, I had to pay for an Engine oil top up and a new pair of spark plugs. There was an additional Rs 15,000 worth of expense for a new ignition coil and other stuff related to that which got covered in the warranty. It is only due to this post that I was receiving updates in the evening from Volkswagen everyday that my car was in the workshop. This was a first, and pleasantly surprising. The car seems to be running fine for now, but I'll have to take it for a longer trip with a full load to recreate the conditions under which it had stalled the last time and then pass my final verdict. Fingers crossed.
So how has the experience been? I hope the car is doing well without any issues.
Old 9th February 2018, 02:50   #38
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SatyaNoone View Post
So how has the experience been? I hope the car is doing well without any issues.

Seems to be running fine for now. Like I've mentioned before - the car is truly a gem when it works. I've done about 102000 kms now. The only consistent gripe I have with the gearbox is the slight jerk or hesitation when it downshifts from D3 to D2 - but that's an issue with all vehicles, and can be ignored if not too picky. Other than that - the vehicle is still brilliant.
Old 21st March 2018, 05:20   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmridul View Post
I am sorry to hear your terrible experience.

I have a FNG for VW cars and he is a gem of a person, but he is not in South Mumbai, though he does provide pick up and drop services. he is located in Santacruz West. I could pass on his number to you if you would like, just drop me a pm

PS - His "workshop" looks like a car graveyard, however let me also state that he regularly works on high end cars such as the 7 series and jaguars. In fact i saw a C class down at his place getting a fresh coat of paint (the finish of which was stunning).
Hi mmridul, Can you please share the contact details of this FNG with me? My car is coming to the end of its extended warranty and I have a host of mods lined up which he might be able to help with. Thanks!
Old 21st March 2018, 11:10   #40
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by farzadm View Post
Hi mmridul, Can you please share the contact details of this FNG with me? My car is coming to the end of its extended warranty and I have a host of mods lined up which he might be able to help with. Thanks!
Hi,

His name is Zoheb and his contact number is 9833558986. You can give him my reference if you would like.

What mods do you have in mind for this car?
mmridul is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st March 2018, 15:22   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmridul View Post
Hi,

His name is Zoheb and his contact number is 9833558986. You can give him my reference if you would like.

What mods do you have in mind for this car?
Firstly, let me thank you for the information. I am planning to upgrade the HU, and explore the possibility of adding Cruise Control, Paddle shifters (if the BCM can handle them), maybe explore upgrading the headlamps via harness to 90/100W, put in an auto-dimming or dash cam rear view mirror.

Our cars are an enthusiast's wet dream. There are so many after market mods that can be made... I cannot wait for the warranty to expire so I can start with them
Old 5th June 2018, 18:35   #42
Senior - BHPian

Duplicating the same from Vento review thread. (Mods, Please remove if it is not appropriate)

Posting this on behalf of my friend who is going through a hardship in fixing a problem with his Vento.

The issue is with Air Bag warning!

Vento TSI: Abysmal experience with VW's service & reliability-img20180602wa0011.jpg

The Air Bag warning light keeps glowing on the console panel even after the service centre "fixed" it multiple times. It seems like the service center is not able to identify the root cause of why the warning comes up. At every visit, they reset the error code, and after he takes the car back and drive around for few kilometers the warning comes up again. It has been almost 9 months that he has been running around with this problem and numerous visit to the service centers with absolutely no luck.

Off late the car was in service center for 18 days for diagnosis and they gave back the car saying it is rectified. But the issue re-appeared the next day after driving for few kms. Escalating the matter to higher ups and through various forums (twitter, FB page, emails) is not helping either. He is having a harrowing experience with the customer support with no prompt or proper response.

Lately, I tried to get the error code from him, but he is being told by the service center that the systems are down now due to some virus attack and they do not have the error code handy.

The service center is Elite Volkswagen- Bangalore.

Any directions on what is going on with the car or any other leads much appreciated.
Old 8th June 2018, 23:09   #43
BHPian

My 2 cents on this. Get a good FNG do a proper scan and identify the error code.
Search on the net with various vw based forums where you will definitely get a solution for the same and get it rectified by the same FNG.
Please tell your friend that he needs to put in a very logical approach to solving these problems rather than having ASC look at it and waste his time and efforts.
Ideally i would recommend him in purchasing a small scanner which can either work on bluetooth or just display the error codes. As the technicians at ASC dont want to put in an effort to find out the problem but they can rectify the problem if solutions are told to them!
mdesai_1981 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 05:16   #44
Senior - BHPian

Looks like I'm stirring up an older thread - please report the post if there's a more appropriate thread for this query. Posting for my brother who drives a 2017 Vento TSI DSG.

Quote:
I took delivery of a VW Vento 1.2 TSI Automatic in late January. It's done just over 5000 km over the first 6 months. I drive it at least 5 days a week.

For the past month, each time the car is started for the first time in the day, there is a low whistling sound for about 1 minute, after which it subsides. The sound doesn't occur on any other occasion in the day that the car is started, but does the same thing again the following day.

The VW Downtown workshop run by Shaman in Sewri retained the car for three days and claimed to have attended it, however the problem was recurring. They then sent a technician home to check it when the car is started for the first time. After having hear the sound, he said that it's normal and happens in other Vento TSI cars and in the Polos as well. He said its on account of the oil going down over the course of the night when the car is standing for almost 10 hours, and when the car is started the first time and the oil is pulled up.

On being asked, if the whistling sound was 'normal', why it wasn't there for the first 5 months and why it's happening over the past month, he didn't really have a convincing answer.

Any thoughts/ ideas?
FlyingSpur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th July 2018, 09:28   #45
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingSpur View Post
Looks like I'm stirring up an older thread - please report the post if there's a more appropriate thread for this query. Posting for my brother who drives a 2017 Vento TSI DSG.
Don't know if it's a more appropriate thread or not, but you could check this one to see if you get some pointers:

http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...2012-a-10.html

Cheers,
Vikram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks