Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 23rd October 2017, 17:20   #1
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Toyota Smiles Maintenance Package - Why is it not available across India? EDIT: Problem fixed

Big thanks to Abhinav Gupta for sharing!

Quote:
Would like to bring to your notice that the Toyota Service Value Pack
[Smiles] is not available across all Indian dealerships. This is a service pack which lets you get the car serviced at a cheaper rate as there are many discounts, offers & benefits and 50% off on labour.

Please find below the link where Toyota mentions the availability of the Smiles pack across its dealerships.

https://www.toyotabharat.com/q-servi...duct-services/

It has been unavailable since 1st July 2017 after the GST implementation.
I've been following up with Toyota's customer care and dealerships since
the last 3 months, but none have given a promising reply about when it
would be available. I've written many emails to the senior management but have not received any promising reply.

Also find attached the screenshot depicting the complete details of
the Smiles pack. Request you to please create a thread regarding this so that all Toyota car owners are benefited from this.
And a followup email:

Quote:
I just had a word with Varun Gupta - he works in the Toyota regional office.

He told me that the Smiles pack would be available after 1st April 2018. That's a delay of a full 9 months (1st July 2017 to 1st April 2018).

On the other hand, the dealer keeps misleading the customer that the Smiles pack would be available shortly to retain the customer. Toyota's website also promotes the Smile pack and the same is done when you visit the dealer.
Toyota Smiles Maintenance Package - Why is it not available across India? EDIT: Problem fixed-toyota.png
GTO is offline   (8) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 17:57   #2
Senior - BHPian

re: Toyota Smiles Maintenance Package - Why is it not available across India? EDIT: Problem fixed

Well, to be honest I would really doubt if this Smiles pack is really a deal-maker or deal-breaker in case of buying a Toyota.
Even without these kinds of packages, servicing a Toyota would remain fuss free in most scenarios.
abhishek46 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 23rd October 2017, 18:25   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by abhishek46 View Post
Well, to be honest I would really doubt if this Smiles pack is really a deal-maker or deal-breaker in case of buying a Toyota.
Even without these kinds of packages, servicing a Toyota would remain fuss free in most scenarios.
Fuss free and cheaper costs are two different things. No one would mind cheaper servicing costs especially with Toyota's shorter service interval.
rdst_1 is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 10:33   #4
BHPian

re: Toyota Smiles Maintenance Package - Why is it not available across India? EDIT: Problem fixed

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTO View Post
AFAIK, the Smiles pack was not available here in Bangalore for the last one year.

We have two Liva with us. One is hardly a year old. Both purchased and serviced at Nandi Toyota.

Had been clearly told that Smiles is no longer available during the visits in the last one year.
vinjosep is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th October 2017, 10:44   #5
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Smiles pack is really a deal-maker or deal-breaker in case of buying a Toyota.
While I agree with your point, the concern is - why is the pack promoted by Toyota's website & dealerships if it's not available? It's like Hyundai talking about extended warranties on its website, but not selling them at the dealer level.
Old 24th October 2017, 10:56   #6
BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 1688766
I am sorry, but i did not see 'smiles package' being mentioned in their website. May be, they removed it after seeing this thread?

Quote:
I completely agree with you here. My liva is running at around 84000kms and I have availed smiles package 3 times (10k/20k, 30k/40k and 40k/50k). Though there is a small benefit as mentioned, but i don't think it is a 'deal maker/breaker' for me. In fact, i decided to not to take this from 60k onwards.
Old 30th October 2017, 09:43   #7
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
While I agree with your point, the concern is - why is the pack promoted by Toyota's website & dealerships if it's not available? It's like Hyundai talking about extended warranties on its website, but not selling them at the dealer level.
See what I mean? Abhinav shares a pic of the pack being promoted (despite being unavailable). This is at MGF Toyota, Gurugram.
Toyota Smiles Maintenance Package - Why is it not available across India? EDIT: Problem fixed-mgf-toyota.jpg
GTO is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 30th October 2017, 09:58   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
See what I mean? Abhinav shares a pic of the pack being promoted (despite being unavailable). This is at MGF Toyota, Gurugram.
Attachment 1690448
Quote:
That might be the case, and generally toyota owners are better off when it comes to servicing of their vehicles. But if a customer has paid for something then he should get it. Else its best Toyota refunds the amount for the smile benefits he has not been able to avail back to him. Now denying a customer what he has paid for citing govt poliicy changes is not correct.

When I bought mine last year no one mentioned about the smile package to me. Maybe it wasn't available, even if it were I wouldn't have bought it.

Quote:
Quote:
Please find below the link where Toyota mentions the availability of the Smiles pack across its dealerships.
https://www.toyotabharat.com/q-servi...duct-services/
Attachment 1688766
I think the smiles package is not mentioned in toyota website now. I followed the link above and did not see it being mentioned on that page.

Last edited by Sankar : 30th October 2017 at 10:04.
Old 21st October 2018, 17:54   #9
GTO
Team-BHP Support

Re: Toyota Smiles Maintenance Package - Why is it not available across India? EDIT: Problem fixed

Thanks to Abhinav Gupta & Piyush Beriwal for sharing the latest updates via this Team-BHP page!

Piyush says:
Quote:
I got to know this Monday when I took my car for a service and alignment + balancing job. I have a Dec 2016 starting, 3 years / 30,000 km Toyota Smiles package on my Toyota.

The advisor gave a 30% discount on the alignment & balancing. I pointed out to him that it is 50% in my smiles package. That's when he inadvertently mentioned that 30% discount is in the new smiles package. On further questioning, got to know that the smiles package is now available.

Although this time, the package is valid only for 365 days (which the dealerships are not necessarily happy about and are talking to Toyota about it).

The attached brochure has been uploaded on Toyota's website 6 days ago - smiles.pdf
Abhinav says:
Quote:
The smiles package is now available. Please find attached a link of the twitter handle of Toyota India where they posted the update.

https://twitter.com/Toyota_India/sta...28908729905152
GTO is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th May 2019, 12:47   #10
Senior - BHPian

Re: Toyota Smiles Maintenance Package - Why is it not available across India? EDIT: Problem fixed

Thanks to Piyush Beriwal for sharing the latest update via this Team-BHP page!

Quote:
I recently went to the Toyota Service centre. Got to know that the Smiles package is now available for a period of 2 years and one can choose the number of services s/he wants to buy.

For example, I can buy the Smiles package for Etios with a 2-year validity and 2 services at say 20k, 30k or as many as I think I would need (20k, 30k, 40k, 50k etc).
ChiragM is online now   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks