Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2017, 07:00   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Ford Aspire: Excessive play in the driver's seat

I spoke further with friends in the auto industry. Turns out that the seat recline / adjuster is what is called a spec safety part. This has clear specs but the OEM does NOT share it with the service center. Hence, they resort to a rudimentary visual inspection and give it the all clear, rather than measure actual play.

Further, I spoke with a top modification shop in Noida who simply told me that they cannot modify this at their end - this recline sprocket is an integral part of the seat.
They have offered me two ideas, both of which are reasonably distasteful:
a. Jig the sprocket in my favorite driving position. This means no play, but means that on long overnight family drives, I cannot take a nap by pushing my seat back. I am tending towards this issue.
b. I find an accidental write off car with the sprocket intact. That's next to impossible since accidental cars never have the driver seat intact.

Here's a brand new Ford Figo for comparison. The Noida Ford service advisor's voice is audible "ismein kam play hai" (this has very little play). Yet, the dealer in the absence of any standards cannot do anything:

Ford.Wake up

Last edited by phamilyman : 29th November 2017 at 07:29.
phamilyman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 09:52   #17
Senior - BHPian

I'm surprised this hasn't been resolved yet. Did you post about the issue on the Ford Facebook page? Do it if you haven't. And keep writing to Ford CC - this is a quality control issue for them and a safety issue for you. Don't let it go - they HAVE to fix it.
samaspire is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th March 2019, 12:41   #18
BHPian

My 2019 Aspire Trend plus is also exhibiting a bit of play like the one mentioned in this post. And its only present in driver seat. But as of now am not seeing any negative impact due to it except for a slight feel of seat movement when someone at the back is holding on to the driver seat backrest to adjust themselves. That solid feel is surly missing which was there in my Dzire VDI. I was also disappointed as I was expecting a more overall solid built car from Ford than my outgoing Maruti.

I was thinking of mentioning this during my 1st service but would not bother now. Reading your post it seems it would be a waste of time. Ford surly does not give that Family waali feeling to the buyers. Its more like buy the car and get lost.
Maverick Avi is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th July 2019, 02:02   #19
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maverick Avi View Post
My 2019 Aspire Trend plus is also exhibiting a bit of play like the one mentioned in this post. And its only present in driver seat. But as of now am not seeing any negative impact due to it except for a slight feel of seat movement when someone at the back is holding on to the driver seat backrest to adjust themselves. That solid feel is surly missing which was there in my Dzire VDI. I was also disappointed as I was expecting a more overall solid built car from Ford than my outgoing Maruti.

I was thinking of mentioning this during my 1st service but would not bother now. Reading your post it seems it would be a waste of time. Ford surly does not give that Family waali feeling to the buyers. Its more like buy the car and get lost.

Its one of those things you get used to - like people who live next to railway lines.

Hope it hasnt worsened. Do try and raise some ruckus if you can - point them to this thread again
Old 23rd August 2021, 01:59   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
Its one of those things you get used to - like people who live next to railway lines.

Hope it hasnt worsened. Do try and raise some ruckus if you can - point them to this thread again
What was the outcome of this case? Did Ford resolve it/change seat under warranty?
Leoshashi is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th September 2021, 02:21   #21
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
What was the outcome of this case? Did Ford resolve it/change seat under warranty?
Nothing

As a (then) consultant with a family and a career to manage, I gave up chasing them.

Ford India does not care despite escalations.

The car has been fine otherwise.

It is now classified mentally as "feature" not a bug
phamilyman is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2022, 11:43   #22
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by phamilyman View Post
It is now classified mentally as "feature" not a bug
Had a similar issue in my XL6, although not as serious as yours. Got the seat assembly replaced under warranty yesterday: Link to post (My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review)
Leoshashi is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 9th June 2022, 22:03   #23
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
Had a similar issue in my XL6, although not as serious as yours. Got the seat assembly replaced under warranty yesterday: Link to post (My first car: 2020 Maruti Suzuki XL6 Alpha MT Review)

Congrats chief. I wish I could shame Ford using your thread, but alas!

Kudos to Maruti for listening. Ford did not care despite multiple escalations - senior folks, social media, PR team etc.
phamilyman is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks