Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2006, 08:51   #1
BHPian

"Pinking Sound" in my clutch!!!

Hi all

I've noticed a recent problem in my car(opel corsa sail 1.4). (Car has been serviced at 8,500kms and currently has a reading of 9,500kms.)
On low revs and especially when the car is on a slight inclination or a slope, the cluth release makes a slightly high pitched sound until the car gains a momentum. I usually have to correct this by releasing half of the clutch amount instead of full to avoid the sound and attain a proper acceleration.

The company guys (Garuda Service Centre, Ulsoor road) did not even stop to hear the sound properly and immediately concluded that since i drove a lot in wet conditions (Please Note:I'm in Bangalore,not Cherapunjee), there could be dampness in the releaser bearing, which could have led to a slight rust.This is the cause for the strange sound.

Yesterday when i got my K&N filter cleaned (http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/19246-rs-200-clean-my-k-n-filter-ok.html), the Bosch Guys told me its not a very serious issue but has nothing to do with the releaser bearing.They say that a play in the clutch could actually be causing the sound and may typically occur when the car is loaded.

I am slightly confused in this regard.Its a distinct sound and occurs very clearly when i'm releasing the clutch slowly, on a slight slope or inclination, (at times even on a regular flat).

Kindly advice in this regard.
Old 1st December 2006, 09:58   #2
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevie View Post
The company guys (Garuda Service Centre, Ulsoor road) did not even stop to hear the sound properly ...
This is a problem i am facing with sundaram too. They just never ever listen completly to what I am saying and make an attempt to try to understand it.
Old 1st December 2006, 11:50   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gkrishn View Post
This is a problem i am facing with sundaram too. They just never ever listen completly to what I am saying and make an attempt to try to understand it.
hey I also heard this is typical of these showroom guys. No use trying to tell them nything since they brush it off as "we are 'technical guys' and we know what the problem is" !!
I sometimes feel that my internet knowledge, thirst for knowledge and most of all, being a BHPian has given me far more knowledge than those guys. Its better off discussing anything here.We can always expect a response.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks