Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2006, 10:41   #1
BHPian

Suspension,clutch checkup @ 25k kms, inputs pls

My sail 1.6 has completed 24,000 kms in about 2 years and 3 months.

I have been driving it all these times around typical bangalore roads and thru typical bangalore traffic. 4,5 times i have taken it to cbe and then once to goa. Also it used to make trips often to places around bangalore.

Has gone thru routine service once at ~10k and then again at ~20k. Apart from this, have done wheel b/a/r were also done at around 15k and then few days back due vibration at the steering. During the service some really minor problems were reported and fixed, like for exp a click sound from A/c, one of the rear seat belts not working etc.

FE inside bangalore has around 9.5 to 10. With highway its around 14,15. Fuel has been 87oct+systemG. After 20k serivce have started using 91 oct with very minor inc in FE. The car has behaved well so far. The ride quality has remained as it was on day one.

Once when i going on a narrow ghat section, I got out of the road due to and unmarked u-turn. The rear bottom section got hit in the process. I pulled over and made a visual check. Nothing much I could spot. This happened at around 13k km. When driving over small humps and bump some metal to metal touching sound used to apear, from rear. This happened only when 2 people occupy the rear seat. On return to bangalore, checked it with sundaram. They said no damage. It just the silencer got loose. They fixed it. It promptly gave up after around 1000kms. Finally after several visit the dangling silencer is now fixed. But stilll when i go on highways, with full load, over small bumps i am still getting this noice. Sundaram just was not able to fix this. Most of the time, they just dont even listen to what i am talking completly.

Recently, i started getting some "chick-chick" sound, again from rear, like the ones coming from out of sync tweeters. This happens when i drive at above 80, now, even with only front seat occupied. It even comes up when i switch of the engine, due to the vibration caused in the process. This is pretty recent occurance, for past ~200kms.

I am not really sure how serious above noices are. Apart from fixing these issues, would also like to get recommondation on what other checks i can do with clutch and suspension system. This because of the abuse the cars go thru in bangalore.

I have got 8 months to go for my extended warranty to expire. But i am planning to sneak my car to some garage, where they are really capable of handling cars, get a through check up done. I really used to enjoy the muted,silent ride, even on bad roads. These noices have really spoiled my ride. Need technical i/p on the above and also some reco for a decent garage in bangalore.

In another 2, months or so, i am also planning to switch to some synth engine oil.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks