Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd April 2018, 15:09   #16
Senior - BHPian

Re: Explained: The Diesel Injector Cleaning Process

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Did anybody try 3M Diesel Fuel System Cleaner? I read about this in their website few months back. I have not seen any reviews till date.

https://Youtu.be/tRG77zEqXro

http://carcarestores.3mindia.co.in/O...System-Cleaner
This may work only in cars with a single fuel pump. In cars which have a primary and secondary fuel pump, (like the Punto MJD), it won’t work as car won’t start when the tank side pump is disconnected.
Old 11th June 2018, 09:39   #17
BHPian

lovely thread with detailed info.

Sorry for being OT:

Yday I was at a 3M store and the guy was insisting for this 3M-DFSC treatment (about 4000 bucks), but I denied as I wasnt convinced and didnt see much reviews.

My vehicle: recently acquired pre-owned Fortuner 3L 4WDMT (2015 model), currently 91K ODO.
would you advise, or any reviews most welcome on this 3M package, thanks.
Old 4th September 2018, 08:10   #18
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DRIV3R View Post
This may work only in cars with a single fuel pump. In cars which have a primary and secondary fuel pump, (like the Punto MJD), it won’t work as car won’t start when the tank side pump is disconnected.
This cleaner works on cars with dual pump. They replicate the low pressure pump in sump using their dispenser tool. Fiats, swifts, boleros all have dual pumps and are all easily done @3M.
gopa99 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th September 2018, 12:19   #19
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pcpranav View Post
lovely thread with detailed info.

Sorry for being OT:

Yday I was at a 3M store and the guy was insisting for this 3M-DFSC treatment (about 4000 bucks), but I denied as I wasnt convinced and didnt see much reviews.

My vehicle: recently acquired pre-owned Fortuner 3L 4WDMT (2015 model), currently 91K ODO.
would you advise, or any reviews most welcome on this 3M package, thanks.
In Mumbai, you can give a call to Mr. Ganesh Patange and he will guide you correctly on your query and advantages. His number is *+91 982!5.39788‬.
Old 4th September 2018, 13:11   #20
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by gopa99 View Post
In Mumbai, you can give a call to Mr. Ganesh Patange and he will guide you correctly on your query and advantages. His number is *+91 98215.39788‬.
I spoke to him, only few locations in Mumbai have this now- Andheri, Chembur, Borivali, Nerul.

He has recommended Borivali outlet to be most competent.

Unfortunately they are currently not recommending this for german cars. Mainly mass market brands such as Maruti, Toyota, Renault, Ford, etc

Think I might get this done for my 2010 Fortuner that is nearing 90k kms.
Old 5th September 2018, 09:10   #21
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post
I spoke to him, only few locations in Mumbai have this now- Andheri, Chembur, Borivali, Nerul.

Unfortunately they are currently not recommending this for german cars. Mainly mass market brands such as Maruti, Toyota, Renault, Ford, etc

Ya Sahil, I assume keeping the tab on the number of brands catered is more of a rollout / training strategy from them. I tried replying your PM, but it says your mail box is full and cant receive any more PMs. Guess you need to clear and create space to get new mails.
Old 10th September 2018, 17:31   #22
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sahil View Post

in your call with Mr.Ganesh, did he talk of advantages or use-cases ?
I will await your experience on the Fortuner.

Last edited by pcpranav : 10th September 2018 at 17:53.
Old 6th May 2019, 17:01   #23
BHPian

I got the 3M-DFSC treatment done to my 5 year old Fiesta Classic yesterday.
I wasn't very convinced of it's effectiveness due to lack of reviews and even any publicity on part of 3M.
I usually search for team-bhp for all such reviews and found almost nothing here either.
But what tilted me to go for this treatment was a video that was shown to me on a Hyundai Verna that was done only weeks ago at the same 3M workshop.
The results were quite good. It showed an extremely clean exhaust of that car even with the rev counter around 4k RPM.

My Fiesta Classic had resorted to thick black smoke under hard acceleration and was recently pointed out by my friend as I was driving ahead of him on the expressway.
I found this to be unbelievable since we do not observe the lesser smoke from the driver's seat.
It was also hard to believe because I've always used Shell diesel and have carried fuel additives on long road trips where I know Shell pumps do not exist. I'm not going to go in the quality of the fuel offered at Shell in this post, but it certainly is a question popping up in my mind.
Considering my car has completed 5 years and completed just about 50,000 kms (it was largely unused for the last 2 years), I felt it's worth it.

So, the DFSC treatment claims to do ala Liquimoly Diesel Purge. The process is controlled by a machine that regulates the treatment fluid flow to the engine. This is done by connecting inlet-outlet pipes of the machine to the car's engine. The car is then run on idle for 30 mins and then about 10 mins with varied RPM.

The results were quite awesome to say the least.
  • Reduced engine noise/clatter.
  • Noticeable difference in throttle inputs. This is way different than using fuel additives. Does not feel sluggish.
  • No knocking.
  • Almost negligible smoke/soot coming out of the exhaust at the same acceleration

Irrespective of the car, this treatment costs only Rs. 4019 incl. GST.
Expensive Germans are better off on proprietary treatments at their respective workshops. But VW and Skoda can surely be done.

I'm not advertising this at all and I do not have any stake nor earn any side-kicks or payouts from 3M.
Here's the location for anyone needing this service in PCMC area.
https://goo.gl/maps/5uEXVCeRMBxkXZWb6

I have a few photos and a before/after video here. I may have to do something
Removing the engine cover; trace the diesel fuel filter:
Explained: The Diesel Injector Cleaning Process-img_1837.jpg

Inlet-outlet are attached to the 3M machine; the Green bottle shown in the image below is emptied in the machine's internal tank; 30 mins idle as mentioned above:
Explained: The Diesel Injector Cleaning Process-img_1839.jpg

Before Treatment (Video)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/mQPxgpVMYXArxdJNA

After Treatment (Video)
https://photos.app.goo.gl/pgH9U9giCFGBSR3r7

Hope this helps.
adneeraj is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 28th February 2021, 23:20   #24
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by adneeraj View Post
I got the 3M-DFSC treatment done to my 5 year old Fiesta Classic yesterday.....
WOW!!! That's quite the difference, I never knew it could make so much difference. I've been noticing lot of black smoke from my safari storme. The car is also infamous for it's injector knocking and issues. Thanks for this.

Also, really well maintained car! Looks beautiful !
We used to have a fiesta, absolute beauty!
viXit is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks