Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 26th January 2018, 02:30   #1
Senior - BHPian

Faulty ambient sensor on my Maruti Suzuki Ciaz

Noticed this a few hours back on my fathers Maruti Suzuki Ciaz.
This is his daily drive, driven around 120 km every day, in peak hour Mumbai traffic.

So the problem is, the outside temperature reading on the MID is not working. Shows blank (DASH). Now, while I thought this wouldn't really affect much, but I noticed that the automatic climate control function is getting disturbed due to this.

The 'AUTO' display on the AC panel, when you press the 'Auto' button on the climate control now keeps flashing. When all was well, 'AUTO' stays on full time, and not flashing.

Is this a small fix? Any quick fix for this ambient sensor?

The Ciaz is 2 years, 1 month old. Or should I just take it to Maruti Suzuki?

The dealers have been ripping us with the bills ever since, we just didn't have the time to go and reason with them. But in the recent past, my Ciaz service bills have been close to INR 15 - 20k, which is outrageous. ODO is currently at 67k kms.

Faulty ambient sensor on my Maruti Suzuki Ciaz-img_20180125_212727.jpg

Faulty ambient sensor on my Maruti Suzuki Ciaz-img_20180125_212804.jpg

Last edited by parrys : 26th January 2018 at 02:34.
parrys is online now   (3) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 13:40   #2
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Faulty ambient sensor on my Maruti Suzuki Ciaz

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post
This is his daily drive, driven around 120 km every day, in peak hour Mumbai traffic.

So the problem is, the outside temperature reading on the MID is not working. Shows blank (DASH). Now, while I thought this wouldn't really affect much, but I noticed that the automatic climate control function is getting disturbed due to this.

The 'AUTO' display on the AC panel, when you press the 'Auto' button on the climate control now keeps flashing. When all was well, 'AUTO' stays on full time, and not flashing.

Is this a small fix? Any quick fix for this ambient sensor?

The Ciaz is 2 years, 1 month old. Or should I just take it to Maruti Suzuki?
If the sensor is faulty, it won't cost you much. It's a Rs. 320 spare part, with part number 95643M67P00 and is commonly shared across many Marutis.

However, do try to rectify the cause of the failure. Rat bites, oxidation of terminals etc are the more probable causes IMO. Taking it to a MASS is what I'd recommend.

Quote:
The dealers have been ripping us with the bills ever since, we just didn't have the time to go and reason with them. But in the recent past, my Ciaz service bills have been close to INR 15 - 20k, which is outrageous. ODO is currently at 67k kms.
Would love to see the bills. 15-20k service bills is truly outrageous. If your Ciaz wasn't sold from the NEXA outlet, why don't you take it to a A category MASS, rather than dealer owned workshops?? They are significantly cheaper. I have given all the details here: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...workshops.html

Regards,
Shashi
Leoshashi is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 26th January 2018, 23:34   #3
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by parrys View Post

Our Punto MJD also had this problem where the temperature reading on the MID would show blank. Around 38000km the speedometer & odometer stopped working along with the outside temperature display. They changed something known as "MILOMETER CONTROL SENSOR" under warranty & after that the speedometer, odometer & temperature display started to work normally. Luckily for us our variant didn't have ACC, which could have been effected by the outside temperature display error.

I did ask my SA as to how can a speedometer problem affect the temperature display, to which he could not provide me a satisfactory answer. But he told me that the outside temperature sensor is located on the left ORVM in the Punto. Did any of the ORVM's got hit recently? You can certainly look for the sensor, clean it & see if it works. The other option (better in my view) would be to visit a MASS & let them have a look.
Quote:
But in the recent past, my Ciaz service bills have been close to INR 15 - 20k, which is outrageous. ODO is currently at 67k kms.
15-20k bill even for a diesel Ciaz is too much. The only way the bill could have been be so big was if they replaced clutch, changed brake pad/disc & filled synthetic oil in one service.

Last edited by chiranjitp : 26th January 2018 at 23:50.
chiranjitp is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 27th January 2018, 17:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leoshashi View Post
If the sensor is faulty, it won't cost you much. It's a Rs. 320 spare part, with part number 95643M67P00 and is commonly shared across many Marutis.

However, do try to rectify the cause of the failure. Rat bites, oxidation of terminals etc are the more probable causes IMO. Taking it to a MASS is what I'd recommend.
[/url]

Regards,
Shashi
Thanks for this, will have it checked if it is such a low cost part.

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiranjitp View Post
15-20k bill even for a diesel Ciaz is too much. The only way the bill could have been be so big was if they replaced clutch, changed brake pad/disc & filled synthetic oil in one service.
Since Leoshashi has provided the part number already, it will be interesting to see how Maruti Suzuki sends across a bill for this job. Sting operation mode on
parrys is online now   (4) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks