Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2006, 11:21   #1
BANNED

1.3L Engine swap in Zen? EDIT : Now complete

ok so with 100000 kms on my zens clock going in for an engine swap on monday, shifting to an esteem block. both these are carbs. so first the deal i have to give my engine up plus rs. 8000 including the fitting, is the deal ok ?
the esteem engine is not goin to be overhauled as of now. the esteem engine has not run in 6 months time, so it shall be up and running mostly tommo or monday. please help me out with the parts that i shall need from the esteem to make this a successful swap. eg: booster, distributor, anything like that ! i have also getting the gearbox with the same. will my current AC work well with this block because that fellow has sold the AC with its parts of the esteem to someone else, so just this minor query ! need inputs asap. thanks a lot
Old 9th December 2006, 11:24   #2
BANNED

also i plan to put a filter, free flow and alloys next month itself. currently running on stock rims 145.70.13. whats the max i should upgrade to. im thinking 195.45.14 is this a good deal ?
Old 9th December 2006, 11:32   #3
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
im thinking 195.45.14 is this a good deal ?
Amitoj was running this.Buttt, with a raised suspension.
Old 9th December 2006, 11:44   #4
Senior - BHPian

E- zen

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
ok so with 100000 kms on my zens clock going in for an engine swap on monday, shifting to an esteem block. both these are carbs. so first the deal i have to give my engine up plus rs. 8000 including the fitting, is the deal ok ?
the esteem engine is not goin to be overhauled as of now. the esteem engine has not run in 6 months time, so it shall be up and running mostly tommo or monday. please help me out with the parts that i shall need from the esteem to make this a successful swap. eg: booster, distributor, anything like that ! i have also getting the gearbox with the same. will my current AC work well with this block because that fellow has sold the AC with its parts of the esteem to someone else, so just this minor query ! need inputs asap. thanks a lot
Hi Jesal,

Welcome to the E- Zen category..well E zen stands for Extreme Zen and not Esteem- zen..

Do something about the brakes as you would find them hugely inadequate..

I've had a 97 carb zen with a carb esteem engine, free flow, headers and more..for almost 2 years before switching category !!

Still holding on to the engine though as I love it too much to part with..

Lemme know in case you need anything from this side of town,,

Happy E-Zenning..
Old 9th December 2006, 11:48   #5
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by headers View Post
Hi Jesal,

Welcome to the E- Zen category..well E zen stands for Extreme Zen and not Esteem- zen..

Do something about the brakes as you would find them hugely inadequate..

I've had a 97 carb zen with a carb esteem engine, free flow, headers and more..for almost 2 years before switching category !!

Still holding on to the engine though as I love it too much to part with..

Lemme know in case you need anything from this side of town,,

Happy E-Zenning..
What should i rip off from the esteem in the brakes department ?name all the parts please
Old 9th December 2006, 12:58   #6
BHPian

hey buddy, even I'm planning on an engine swap to the esteem's. But an MPFI unit. need to find a good one.
from what I know, the stock brakes are really inaqeuate. Many have swapped the zen's front disc as rear disc and the esteem's disc at the front. This gives the zen some serious stopping power. I'm also waiting for the entire list and buddy pls post detaila after the job is done.
why dont u consider a MPFI man? 16v, 20bhp more....
Old 9th December 2006, 13:34   #7
aZa
Senior - BHPian

Very nice thread jesal

Headers : pls give a cost break up for ur engine swap?
aZa is offline   Received Infraction
Old 9th December 2006, 13:59   #8
Senior - BHPian

Also, dont forget to add brake booster.
Old 9th December 2006, 14:12   #9
BANNED

Hi Jesal,

I thought I had already given you the list you will need. Anyways I am putting it down once again,

1> Engine - Overhaul and check prior to fitment
2> Esteem Carb as Zen Carb is smaller
3> Esteem Brake Booster - Recommended but not compulsory
4> Exhaust Headers- Can retain old setup but new FF setup recommended.
5> AC Compressor can work as no connection with the engine
6> Front Strut Brace - Recommended
7> Better Fuel Pump - Recommended
8> New Plugs & wires
9> Ignition Coil
10> Distributor from Esteem as Zen will not work

You will need to retain the pulleys from your old car o rmay need new ones. Also please ensure you have a new timing belt.

All the best.

Viper
Old 9th December 2006, 15:14   #10
BANNED

Hi,

The main reason is cost and simplicity of install/setup in a Carb engine. There are other reasons as well but no point as everyone has their own opinions.

Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Speedometer View Post
this may be a stupid question for all you experts...but just wanted to know ...

why doesnt anyone talk of fitting the mpfi esteem engine???everyone talks of only carb engines...as the carb esteem engine made around 65 bhp ....thats only 5 bhp more than a mpfi zen engine.so ,wont it make better sense to fit a mpfi zen engine instead of a carb esteem engine.

also ,can a euro 3 ECU from the wagon r be fitted into a euro2 wagonr

lastly,can the swift ECU be fitted into an esteem directly??
Old 9th December 2006, 15:15   #11
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by fieroid View Post
hey buddy, even I'm planning on an engine swap to the esteem's. But an MPFI unit. need to find a good one.
from what I know, the stock brakes are really inaqeuate. Many have swapped the zen's front disc as rear disc and the esteem's disc at the front. This gives the zen some serious stopping power. I'm also waiting for the entire list and buddy pls post detaila after the job is done.
why dont u consider a MPFI man? 16v, 20bhp more....
cuz i have this engine ready and mpfi will need some mods that i have no clue of. ill get the engine on test base as of now. if does not run well ill shift to the old one or a newer esteem engine...
Old 9th December 2006, 15:19   #12
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by viper View Post
Hi Jesal,

I thought I had already given you the list you will need. Anyways I am putting it down once again,

1> Engine - Overhaul and check prior to fitment
2> Esteem Carb as Zen Carb is smaller
3> Esteem Brake Booster - Recommended but not compulsory
4> Exhaust Headers- Can retain old setup but new FF setup recommended.
5> AC Compressor can work as no connection with the engine
6> Front Strut Brace - Recommended
7> Better Fuel Pump - Recommended
8> New Plugs & wires
9> Ignition Coil
10> Distributor from Esteem as Zen will not work

You will need to retain the pulleys from your old car o rmay need new ones. Also please ensure you have a new timing belt.

All the best.

Viper
i have just put the timing belt inside a month back. ill get a new one. engine not overhauling as of now. will u do the overhaul gimme the charges. i wanted u to install it but engine and u are miles away lol. so lets see... i know u gave me the list just dint want to miss out on anything... do u have a strut brace, if yea prices for the same too please. can anybody posts pics of their ezen install full way. i guess it would be kinda helpful to all....
Old 9th December 2006, 15:23   #13
BANNED

Jesal,

Its best you call me. TBHP rules do not permit anyone to conduct business via the forum. Hope you understand.

Viper

Quote:
Originally Posted by jesal View Post
i have just put the timing belt inside a month back. ill get a new one. engine not overhauling as of now. will u do the overhaul gimme the charges. i wanted u to install it but engine and u are miles away lol. so lets see... i know u gave me the list just dint want to miss out on anything... do u have a strut brace, if yea prices for the same too please. can anybody posts pics of their ezen install full way. i guess it would be kinda helpful to all....
Old 9th December 2006, 15:28   #14
BANNED

ok shall do that. thanks anyways ill keep u updated. also what about the clutch and all. new old one will do ?

Last edited by jesal : 9th December 2006 at 15:35.
Old 9th December 2006, 15:33   #15
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by nitrous View Post
Amitoj was running this.Buttt, with a raised suspension.
hes on the only one here posted a review i need more help. im not much into technical. only into cosmetic mods so having a hard time. my suspension is raised a little as well. thinking 40 or 45 profile.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks