Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th June 2018, 01:27   #16
BANNED

Re: Service your car yourself at Mahindra First Choice

Checked with the owner of MFC Bhiwadi today (Jun 19). Apparently, the 'date with your car' thing was a limited period offer. I asked him to let me know if something like this is back on the radar.

My car had just been serviced in Jan, so didn't need it at the time.

Off Topic: I've been examining my local MFC for about a year as my Beat's factory warranty was nearing its tenure. The experience has been a mixed bag. The staff is competent but the workmanship is not close to what I'd expect from my car's manufacturer. The staff is very friendly and willing to accommodate my requests. Upselling is very much present but they're easy to work with compared to OEMs who make it sound like I could start a nuclear war if I skipped the windshield washer additive.

E.g., I got them to reuse the weights while balancing wheels and with very little convincing. I said I wanted to be with my car while it's on the lift, and they were happy to have me there and answered my petty queries as well. After they had earned my trust, I once left it to the staff and they poured 15W40 instead of 5W30. I discovered that after 2,500km and finally figured out why the car was feeling sluggish. During my recent visit, the owner said that they can use sealed cans for me if I don't trust the viscosity of what's stored in the barrels.

As long as someone is willing to learn from mistakes, I don't mind much. I haven't given up on them but I'm also not ready to leave my car unattended at the workshop.

Last edited by MaheshY1 : 20th June 2018 at 01:42.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks