Team-BHP - Some queries under the bonnet.
Team-BHP

Team-BHP (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/)
-   Technical Stuff (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/)
-   -   Some queries under the bonnet. (https://www.team-bhp.com/forum/technical-stuff/19726-some-queries-under-bonnet.html)

hi team-bhpians,
I have a swift vxi, metallic azure grey, this is like my first car.
Well i just want to get hands on with my car, i mean like know how it works, know what every little thing does, like that.
I got a little bit of technical information from howstuffworks.com, really cool site.
Well like i said, i still can't identify, what most of the stuff under my hood is.
Can you guys refer me to any other site where i can get some real practical information?

Here are some under the hood pics of my car.

Identify the parts numbered?
1)
2)
3)
4)
hehe, have fun.

Here is what i think,
1) place to put loose buttons
2) Yardleys powder tin
3) The horn of a jeep
4) Tiffin box

People who don't think its funny, may as well say it out loud. Anything to get ur attention.

I have 2 months on my hand, i have kind of like finished my engineering in ECE, have a
paper left. In 2 months i'll have passed and will have to job hunt. In that time, i want to be like the best car mechanic. hehe.

Would lile some inputs.

Quote:

Originally Posted by micraft (Post 340308)
Here is what i think,
2) Yardleys powder tin
3) The horn of a jeep
4) Tiffin box

Would lile some inputs.

withstupid
1) This holds Vaseline! or better: KY jelly!!
2) Yes, Yardley powder tin. Can't remeber any black flower name to match the colour.
3) No! That's the Gspot!!
4) That's the fuel tank!! Swift returns amazing mileage (100kms/ltr). So, Maruti decided to keep it small and very next to the engine to save on fuel lines etc...

agree: hehe, have fun.

On a serious note, are you joking that you dunno what these things are after finishing Engineering in ECE? Seems you spend time behind buttons, yardley powder etc... than on books and classes!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by speedzak (Post 340317)
withstupid

3) No! That's the Gspot!!

so thats where it is.....
and i was looking in all the wrong places lol:

Number 4 is a Fuse/Relay box
About the 1,2,3 I see some fuel lines coming from and to, but the picture is not very clear. Could you try in brighter light and lower ISO from a different angle?

4) It is a fusebox.

@Hellspawn. Make sure you thank me next time you get there! :Shockked:

hi,
well speedzak, studying ECE engineering never got me under the bonnet of a car.

hellspawn - lol

Well, 4 is a fuse box.

This is as clear as it gets, its on the right top part under the bonnet. Behind the battery. I figured which the battery was. hehe.

Great response. Put in some stupid stuff in your post and you'll get more replies, but though not much of any use. hehe.

Still guys give me some links?

Quote:

Originally Posted by micraft (Post 340308)
hi team-bhpians,
Here is what i think,
2) Yardleys powder tin
3) The horn of a jeep
4) Tiffin box

Now I know what the Electronics and Communications Engineering guys brains work like lol: . Kidding mate.
Zakko where can I find that spot on my car??? ;)

Jokes apart: -

1) Fuel Filter
2) Fuel Canister
3) Alarm Siren
4) Fuse box

thanks Sideways.

Guys, help me out here, give me some links?

sorry there are no sites.

sob sob

Quote:

2) Fuel Canister
Or is that EVAP canister?

part 3: is the reverse alarm/horn for sure.....
keep the ignition in ON position, engage the reverse gear, pop the hood n confirm!

Quote:

Originally Posted by dustDevil (Post 343946)
part 3: is the reverse alarm/horn for sure.....
keep the ignition in ON position, engage the reverse gear, pop the hood n confirm!

Not with the engine started, LOL !
3. Looks like the power steering oil contraption to me. i.e if the Swift does not have EPS.

Well you certainly have my attention with that g spot conversation. By the way micraft, when i saw the title of your thread, I thought hmmm... that's an interesting way of asking questions. Under the hood.

3 is the remote locking security system siren for sure it just pointed downwards.

Sam whats that pic in your post?