Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd December 2006, 17:12   #1
BHPian

Suspension worn out?

Hi
When I last gave for servicing, the mechanic told that during next service he would have a relook at my suspension as he thinks it is bad. Car: M800, 94 model.1. How do I find that there is a problem with my suspension? What do I look for?2. What are the right questions I need to ask my mechanic regarding this?3. How much will it cost me - depending on the problem?
Old 27th December 2006, 06:31   #2
BANNED

Shock absorber condition is best determined by the way your car behaves on the road. If it bounces every time when you hit a bump or dips and sways as you corner, it needs new shocks.

First, walk around the car and see if it's standing level. If it sags to one side, it may have broken springs or another suspension problem. Bounce each corner of the car up and down. If the shock absorbers are in good shape, the car should rebound just once or twice and not keep bouncing up and down. Then grab the top of each front tire and tug it back and forth. If you feel play in it or hear a clunking sound, the wheel bearings or suspension joints may be shot.

M800's suspension work will not cost you dollars.
About 3000 each for front/rear suspension job.
Old 27th December 2006, 10:49   #3
Team-BHP Support

Take your car for alignment. Most computerized machines give enough information which can be used to find faults with ball joints, tie rods, shock absorbers, bushkit problems etc.,
Most Bridgestone Performance stores have such machines. Alignment usually costs 100rs.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks