Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th June 2018, 21:34   #31
Team-BHP Support

re: Maruti 1.3L diesel engine: Coolant leakage issue

Quote:
Originally Posted by ike View Post
Does this mean there's a silent recall of the affected VINs? Have not heard about any car getting it changed proactively yet. This is one thing I have been dreading.
Whilst this is what the SA told me, it is quite likely that this was hogwash to get the monkey off his back.
Eddy is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 03:28   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
If I remember correctly, it would cost around 4k plus labour, if I choose to replace with an updated part.
If you check the invoices posted in the first page (Including mine), the cost for the new assembly is ~1200. The billed amount to me was zero as part of warranty, but the bill specifies what is the cost of the new replacement part.
Do not think the part cost will jump to 4K if owner wants the replacement as a precautionary measure.
Sree73 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 26th June 2018, 11:55   #33
BHPian

Re: Maruti 1.3L diesel engine: Coolant leakage issue

I have a Feb 2018 model SCross and would really like to know if this is something that I should mention to have checked by the MASS on my next inspection interval. (10000 km due in a weeks time).
Also has it impacted any new SCross 2017 edition or is this an issue with the previous version of the car.
Old 27th June 2018, 08:58   #34
BHPian

This same issue has been witnessed in the Figo/Aspire twins.

Here's the link to the posts: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/offici...ml#post4420298
Old 27th June 2018, 12:35   #35
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by maverick.munish View Post
I have a Feb 2018 model SCross and would really like to know if this is something....
Do not worry. Maruti has updated the part after September 2017 .
Dr.Naren is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 27th June 2018, 19:39   #36
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr.Naren View Post
Do not worry. Maruti has updated the part after September 2017 .
That's reassuring. Sorry about the noob, but mine is an Apr 2018 1.3 Zeta and I've been trying to locate this part. Is it the one that has a flow rate mentioned (0.341 cm3/min)?
Attached Thumbnails
Maruti 1.3L diesel engine: Coolant leakage issue-img_20180627_152039.jpg  

Old 23rd August 2021, 01:56   #37
BHPian

Hi BHPians, I have a 2013 diesel Ritz and suffered this infamous coolent leak issue yesterday. There was a lot of it on the carpet under the driver side footwell. I didn't see any temperature warning or foul smell but thankfully noticed it in time. Immediately called my FNG who said it could be faulty heating coil. Will be taking my Ritz tomorrow for thorough check. Really happy to see this thread and understand what could be the potential issues.
Time_Machine is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd August 2021, 05:58   #38
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time_Machine View Post
Hi BHPians, I have a 2013 diesel Ritz and suffered this infamous coolent leak issue yesterday. There was a lot of it on the carpet under the driver side footwell. I didn't see any temperature warning or foul smell but thankfully noticed it in time. Immediately called my FNG who said it could be faulty heating coil. Will be taking my Ritz tomorrow for thorough check. Really happy to see this thread and understand what could be the potential issues.
Hello TimeMachine,

While your issue may indeed be coolant leakage, the source of the leakage, that is the thermostat is the highlight of this thread.

It really depends on the liquid that is there in the driver side footwell.

If it is coolant, then it would be colored pink OR green and would have a sweet taste to it. Did you check your coolant expansion tank to see if the level has reduced? If so, it would be a leak in your heater core. If that is the case, it necessitates the whole dashboard to be taken out. It is quite labor intensive and the heater core is a few thousand. Expect the cost to be around 6 to 7k.

The next option is water. If it is water, then your AC drain pipe underneath the car has got clogged. They just lift it up, and blow some air OR poke a small stick through the drain hole to get rid of the water. Then just park it in the sun to get rid of the excess water inside your car. They may not charge anything for this.

So, let us hope for water, shall we?
govigov is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th August 2021, 08:08   #39
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by govigov View Post
Hello TimeMachine,

While your issue may indeed be coolant leakage, the source of the leakage, that is the thermostat is the highlight of this thread.

It really depends on the liquid that is there in the driver side footwell.

If it is coolant, then it would be colored pink OR green and would have a sweet taste to it. Did you check your coolant expansion tank to see if the level has reduced? If so, it would be a leak in your heater core. If that is the case, it necessitates the whole dashboard to be taken out. It is quite labor intensive and the heater core is a few thousand. Expect the cost to be around 6 to 7k.

The next option is water. If it is water, then your AC drain pipe underneath the car has got clogged. They just lift it up, and blow some air OR poke a small stick through the drain hole to get rid of the water. Then just park it in the sun to get rid of the excess water inside your car. They may not charge anything for this.

So, let us hope for water, shall we?
Dear govigov, many thanks for your guidance. You were dead right . The source of leakage was broken heating coil. And the estimate provided was also exactly same 6-7k. However, my FNG also gave me the option of getting the heater coil removed altogether as this would save the hassle of opening the dashboard. Ofcourse I would lose the hot air functionality but it costed me just about 1600 for getting this done. For now, I chose to take the easy way out. But come winters, and I may have to reconsider my decision

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks