Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th December 2006, 12:25   #1
BHPian

Baleno Clutch

Guys,

I drive a 1.4 Years Baleno and logged 6000 KMS.

The clutch pedal was very loose and the enagaging position had moved towards the upper end. The MASS guys tightened the screw under the bonnet, now the pedal is tight but the engaging position is almost the same but it jerks when released at a higher speed

Eg when I am above 40 KMPH and move to the third gear from the second.

Is this a expected behaviour your thoughts...
What's the right way to adjust the clutch???

Last edited by kiranpashtakar : 28th December 2006 at 12:26.
Old 28th December 2006, 15:20   #2
Senior - BHPian

hey dude please ensure that it isnt over tightened because it can cause a Clutch Ride. (Guys correct me if I am wrong). Take it back and get it checked if you think its too tight.
Old 28th December 2006, 16:42   #3
BHPian

Kiran,
You better take your Baleno to a good doctor, My Baleno has done 6,900 KMS in last 6 Months and till now no such problems (Touch wood).
Thanks,
Mega
Old 28th December 2006, 17:26   #4
BHPian

if it is a MGA clutch, this is expected live with it, I replaced the clutch in my car to SGP for the same reason you are citing
Old 28th December 2006, 17:52   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by s.prashanth View Post
if it is a MGA clutch
Confused by the 'if' in your statement. Do they give MGA as standard or SGP as standard ? Or is it random ?

No such issues with my clutch .. nearing 11K kms.
Old 29th December 2006, 13:14   #6
BHPian

I even do not have such issue after 23000 KM in 16 months time in my Baleno.
Old 29th December 2006, 13:50   #7
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shuvc View Post
Confused by the 'if' in your statement. Do they give MGA as standard or SGP as standard ? Or is it random ?

The baleno clutch is MGP & works very well, thanks. kiranpashtakar only has some play adjustment problem. Some good communication between him & his mechanics could fix that. i think prashanth has replaced his clutch (dont know why) with a SGP from the local grey market. Most of the time, these are cheaper than the MGPs. i did the same with my 1000, but that was after 70k kms. the clutch felt better than new
Old 29th December 2006, 16:16   #8
BHPian

dear esteem lover, the cluth was replaced as warranty the dealer and it wsspecily imred o my car by maruti, i even saw the indents ancutom clearence lettrs at the delehip,Maruti iit because this is my 2nd Baleno and i was very particular in the SGP part
Old 29th December 2006, 16:22   #9
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
dear esteem lover, the cluth was replaced as warranty the dealer and it wsspecily imred o my car by maruti, i even saw the indents ancutom clearence lettrs at the delehip,Maruti iit because this is my 2nd Baleno and i was very particular in the SGP part
How much does the SGP clutch cost ?

OT - someone/something seems to have eaten up some letters in your post
Old 29th December 2006, 16:51   #10
BHPian

my wireless keyboard needs new batteries hence the errors on the post, I apologise for the same. Regarding SGP clutch ASSy with bearings should cost about 5k
Old 29th December 2006, 17:45   #11
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
my wireless keyboard needs new batteries hence the errors on the post, I apologise for the same. Regarding SGP clutch ASSy with bearings should cost about 5k
you really shocked me with your response, for a moment i thought you were so drunk & starving that you had to eat a few letters in between. LOL

Please correct me if i am wrong. As far as i know, in maruti, there are certain parts that are MGP & certain parts are SGP. there is no interchange between them. it is listed in their spare parts catalogue. if your clutch is listed as MGP in the catalogue & your dealer says he has fitted a SGP, either he is taking you for a ride or he has gone out of the way to please you by procuring the SGP in grey & fitting it in your car. either way, you are a happy man & thats all there is to it. cheers
Old 30th December 2006, 19:10   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by esteem_lover View Post
you really shocked me with your response, for a moment i thought you were so drunk & starving that you had to eat a few letters in between. LOL

Please correct me if i am wrong. As far as i know, in maruti, there are certain parts that are MGP & certain parts are SGP. there is no interchange between them. it is listed in their spare parts catalogue. if your clutch is listed as MGP in the catalogue & your dealer says he has fitted a SGP, either he is taking you for a ride or he has gone out of the way to please you by procuring the SGP in grey & fitting it in your car. either way, you are a happy man & thats all there is to it. )
sorry, prashanth...i got it now. couldn't decipher your slurr. cheers again
Old 5th January 2007, 17:13   #13
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Guess I spoke too soon .. although the presumed problem is different.

Had been to the workshop to correct the alignment (which they had screwed up slightly during 3rd service). I asked the Service Enggr, whether the clutch was a bit tighter than normal. He said yes, a bit. And also mentioned there was a bit of jerking. All the half clutch city crawling seems to have taken it's toll. He recommended changing it under warranty now rather than let it deteriorate.

Should I ?
Old 5th January 2007, 17:24   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
He recommended changing it under warranty now rather than let it deteriorate.

Should I ?
If you're getting it for free under warranty yeah why not? It's gonna save you an expense later on!
Old 16th January 2007, 11:02   #15
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by iraghava View Post
If you're getting it for free under warranty yeah why not? It's gonna save you an expense later on!
Seems like the dealer is going to cover 50% of the costs under warranty. And will cost me around 1500/-.
Are such clutch repairs normally covered under warranty ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks