Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th January 2007, 23:15   #46
BHPian

I doubt if thats the problem theEND, because only the front left door has that problem.

Anyways thanks.
Old 11th January 2007, 02:22   #47
Senior - BHPian

there are no rattles in my ZXi but the tank shows quarter and the cars out of gas. Happened very often. Anyone else facing this problem?
Old 11th January 2007, 06:44   #48
BHPian

I checked with my dealer and they said that this change is for cars which are manufactured in a particular batch and unfortunately they verified and found that my swift does not fall in that batch.

However, I don't have any rattling issue on my SWIFT.
Old 12th July 2007, 12:06   #49
BHPian

Even my Swift Zxi has the same problem of the left front power windows getting stuck and i was told that they have rectified the problem by fixing the clearance of the switch in the socket in which it is placed. I tried many times yesterday to make it fail and it seemed to be fixed(?). What do you guys think i should do about this?

Also, the backside of the front passenger seat seems to have some displaced contents and i can feel something hard (possibly metal) jutting out of it. I enquired and my service supervisors manager tells me the Maruti does not give warranty to the seats. Please let me know what i need to do with it.

Last edited by dogdiga : 12th July 2007 at 12:09.
Old 12th July 2007, 17:57   #50
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by V-16 View Post
there are no rattles in my ZXi but the tank shows quarter and the cars out of gas. Happened very often. Anyone else facing this problem?
Nope, never infact. Sounds like your fuel gauge needs recalibration. Or replacement. I have driven around on one mark above E for ages, and the fuel seems to hold on for pretty long.
Old 22nd February 2008, 20:01   #51
Senior - BHPian

well the one reason for the rattles apart from the power window motors, when they fix the keyless entry/remote/central locking when fixing certain brands, they use hammers in the doors to effortlessly put in the motor guns that do the central locking, this greatly creates rattles and after looking at the way it was fit in the mithra showroom himayathnagar, in Hyd i was too careful when i got this fixed in my swift!
also one thing i noticed when they fix in these keyless entry thingy they put in the metal plated to hold these motors/guns, which are actually of very kess guage and the screws they mount on these do not have washers that are of good quality nor do they have rubber spacers that can greatly contribute to eliminating rattles so i got the rubber spacers placed above the washer so that there no rattles/vibrations when the engine is running!

also in order to eliminate the door pads rattles i have bolted them using these things as shown in the pictures, you in my hyundai there are more than 7 screws that hold the door pads and i the swift they are press type plastic things that become loose over time!

no power windows as yet, but will soon put in that some time later!

observe closely i have stuck a bit of news paper as the car had rattle due to the gap, i think the boot door pad was not fixed tightly that made very loud and bad rattle which took me a week to figure out and finally rectified it like this for the time being and when i go for my next service i need to get it fixed properly!

when i find the time will post the way installed the central locking that has almost eliminated the rattles in the car!

Last edited by rider60 : 22nd February 2008 at 20:03.
Old 23rd February 2008, 00:32   #52
BHPian

Hey Rider 60,
There is one negative to the screwing your door pads. When you want to remove the doorpad to change speakers or wiring work, those screws will be a hindrance.
Also,
You seem to be an expert on rattle removal
Could you help me out as well?
My Astra has only one rattle till date.
The passenger side seatbelt connecter has become loose & the service garage says ill have to change entire seatbelt assembly of the side costing 2Gs.
So i just live with it. Help me out man. Have already tried paper and stuff to hold it just like in your swift back. Doesnt work. Will post pics tomorrow to help you understand.

Note to mods - dint want to create a new thread just for a few posts so am posting here. If you find it inappropriate, please move my post. Sorry for the inconvenience.

Last edited by Xehaust : 23rd February 2008 at 00:35.
Old 23rd February 2008, 00:56   #53
BHPian

Oh!

So many people having same problem!
I also have the problem in our mid 2007 VDi
Left power window getting stuck and having slight rattling problem
Old 23rd February 2008, 02:52   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xehaust View Post
Hey Rider 60,
There is one negative to the screwing your door pads. When you want to remove the doorpad to change speakers or wiring work, those screws will be a hindrance.
Also,
You seem to be an expert on rattle removal
Could you help me out as well?
My Astra has only one rattle till date.
The passenger side seatbelt connecter has become loose & the service garage says ill have to change entire seatbelt assembly of the side costing 2Gs.
So i just live with it. Help me out man. Have already tried paper and stuff to hold it just like in your swift back. Doesnt work. Will post pics tomorrow to help you understand.

Note to mods - dint want to create a new thread just for a few posts so am posting here. If you find it inappropriate, please move my post. Sorry for the inconvenience.
well thankyou, you see the screws have been done properly and wont be a hinderence at all i am soon going to stick a sticker that cautions people who are unaware of these screws should do the job for the guys who try to work on it!

you see the other cars most of them have screws provided as OE fitment from the manufacturer!

and do post the pics rather PM me i will see what i can do!
Old 28th February 2008, 18:41   #55
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rider60 View Post

when i find the time will post the way installed the central locking that has almost eliminated the rattles in the car!
HAHAHAHAHAHA - just saw this post

You know whats funny?

I had actually removed the entire panel and stuffed rubber glue and papers at key points to make the panel stiff. This way It is located inside and it is not visible, so it looks clean.

In my case, the problem was also with the Hinges of the hatch. Due to this , the hatch made sound when going over bumps due to play in teh hinge. I had to replace the hinges.

I have done so MANY other invisible things in my Swift to remove tiny rattles, it is now flawless, including door pannels.

The only remaining problem is front window rattle which i am not able to solve as my arm is not able to reach inside the door opening due to limited opening.
Old 29th February 2008, 22:58   #56
BHPian

My friends Swift is June or July 06 dated and rattles are like crazy.
Is it applicable for the free rattle service by Maruti?
Old 29th February 2008, 23:25   #57
Senior - BHPian

Oh dont we haave an ice section to solve the rattling,lol.But on serious note it is a major issue faced in the swift.Its high time MSIL came out with a solution.
ram
Old 29th February 2008, 23:39   #58
Senior - BHPian

I think the Maruti should do something to sort this problem out from the root and see to that they keep the quality of the build of the vehicle
Old 1st March 2008, 10:12   #59
Senior - BHPian

Is there a professional "Rattle removal" service?

Problem is that I drive the car all the time, so I cant figure out where the rattles are coming from. I need to find someone else to drive the car to figure out all the rattles.
Old 1st March 2008, 16:20   #60
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by aerohit View Post
HAHAHAHAHAHA - just saw this post

You know whats funny?

I had actually removed the entire panel and stuffed rubber glue and papers at key points to make the panel stiff. This way It is located inside and it is not visible, so it looks clean.

In my case, the problem was also with the Hinges of the hatch. Due to this , the hatch made sound when going over bumps due to play in teh hinge. I had to replace the hinges.

I have done so MANY other invisible things in my Swift to remove tiny rattles, it is now flawless, including door pannels.

The only remaining problem is front window rattle which i am not able to solve as my arm is not able to reach inside the door opening due to limited opening.

you went through all that pain my friend? man my car is just 1500kms old guess i will need to do all that you did after the car is little older, but for now that does the job pretty well, and if the question is to make it invisible then thats just simple in my car's case at least for now, get a plane black tape stick it over the paper that is visible job done!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks