Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th December 2008, 09:33   #61
BHPian

Hi,

Just thought of listing out the rattles I faced at various stages of my 1.5 yrs of ownership and how they where fixed (some by myself and some by M.A.S.S). Maybe useful for somebody who is having similar kind of rattles.
1. Back seat rest rattle (usually heard while going through uneven surfaces). Fixed by applying insulation tape on the locking rings of the back seat.
2. Back seat vibrations from below the seat (usually heard without any specific reason. Sometimes even while going through the smoothest roads. Heard only when there is no passenger in the back seat) The plastic clips used to fix the seat to the floor where loose. It was changed and that sound gone.
3. Small irritating rattling sound from the driver door panel. Solved by pasting some tube (tyre's) pieces inside the panel and door gap.
4. A comparatively bigger rattling noise heard from the driver side a/c vent (only when there is a high vibration, like when we try to get through 3rd or 4th gear at less rpms) Apparently the noise was from the bonnet. Sound was fixed when the rubber bush (which holds the bonnet) was raised by turning a bit.
5. A rattling sound somewhere from near the gear lever. It was later traced to be from inside the console in front of the gear lever. But after lots of tracing finally it was found to be from inside the engine bay. There was a pipe running which was sticked to the wall and that clip was loose and the noise was of the pipe touching the wall. Fixed just by some more insulation tape.
6. Again a sound as No.4 but not that loud. Heard through the a/c vent again. Was sounding as if some coin has gone inside. Later I traced it to the lever (which holds the bonnet up, when it is kept open.) The small clip which holds the lever horizontally was loose and again insulation tape came to rescue.

These are the major ones I remember. There are many many more which were traced out to be my own mistakes like putting loose things here and there. Me and wifey had a habit of putting small things like hair clips, balms etc inside the space below the HU. Those created vibrations always. Later I put a non-slip mat inside that and sorted that out. Also the ashtray is being used as coin box, and that too sometimes makes some odd sounds. Loose things inside the dashboard box creates noise few times. Small particles inside the door side magazine racks also are culprits.
One thing I have learned so far is, we are responsible for 50% of the issues. Balance 50% is the build quality, but can be rectified. Also most of the noises which we feel as if from the dashboard or a/c vents or gear lever part are form the engine room. Also look for loose cables passing through inside dashboard, and doors. They touches the plastics and makes irritating vibrations.

Thats all for now. Thanks for reading this long story.
abhilash_iv is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th December 2008, 09:40   #62
BHPian

all Swift diesel owners with noisy engine sound go and check your timing chain
Old 19th February 2009, 20:04   #63
BHPian

Recently fixed speakers in the front door slots in my Swift. It was done through the shop who sold me the attachments. After that to my dismay found the driver's side Window rattling in wound down condition. If it is raised even 2 inches up, the sound stops. Today I found time to take it to SIMRAN, Panvel. They tried their best and were not successful. They then took it to a body shop and came back stating that the winding motor has developed a play and would have to be replaced along with the linings. Total cost around Rs. 3000/- I decided to carry on with the rattling instead of spending the amount.
Old 20th February 2009, 12:19   #64
Senior - BHPian

This is a common problem with the Swift. For some weird reason this happens only on the left front door. My swift has it too. But it does not rattle while driving. Only happens when closing the door with the window rolled down.
Old 23rd February 2009, 20:32   #65
BHPian

Hi Vikram, I have fixed this issue by removing the window glass, and then wrapping the rollers with a thin piece of cloth cut in the shape of small squares.

Total number of rollers are 3 on each front door.

No more window rattle - no matter what!

My problem is with gear shifter.

When it goes down (ie from 1 to 2, or from 3 to 4) there is a clicking sound, kind of plasticky feeling in the cable. But then i pull the shifter upwards (ie from 2 to 1, or 4 to 3) then it is fine and smooth butter like.

I have already replaced the shifter cable and shifter mount, and the same problem came back after 1 week of driving. Dont know what is causing this.

Last edited by mobike008 : 6th December 2010 at 15:31. Reason: back to back posts within 20 mins. Next time use the EDIT button!
Old 5th December 2010, 19:37   #66

swift LDI

heyy rider60, can you please post abt how to fix the central locking(with pics) on an LDI( the one you were mentioning to avoid the irritating noise). and also would appreciate if you can provide any solution for the left windows rolled down rattling?
Old 5th December 2010, 22:11   #67
Senior - BHPian

Power Window Switch Falls Into The Door!!

Hi all,

Another common problem are the power window switches that tend to fall into their slots if pressed too hard. Door panel needs to be removed to get it back up into place.

The remedy is to put a very very tiny quantity of Fevi Kwik on the switch and stick it in place. Has worked for me.
Old 13th February 2011, 22:59   #68
BHPian

Re: Flaw in Maruti Swift ( Swift owners read this)

Hi Guys,
I too faced rattling or should i say some kind of screeching sound from the rear seats, It was more of rubber rubbing against rubber, it was weird, I took it to the service center, they just lubricated the rear seat locks and the hinge at the bottom of the rear seat, and surprisingly, that fixed and now i do not hear that noise anymore, However, I do sometimes hear rattle, i guess from the rear left window, not sure what that could be, any help is appreciated.
Old 22nd March 2011, 00:03   #69
BHPian

I too have been facing rattling issues, not to serious issues, but I do hear sometimes, I am now facing a small issue with the doors,

The rear left and right door has a rubber damping thing, that runs along the door panel inside the car, i see that it comes off loose these days, I am not sure what do they call it, but i hope i am explaining what i mean.

Its that rubber padding along the door sides (not on the door itself) but inside the car, where the door closes in, is hanging, Please help on what could be done to fix that.

This is making the door closing noisy, sounds like someone banged the door even though it was closed slowly.
Old 21st November 2011, 22:37   #70
BHPian

Hi,

Mines a 6 month old VXI. I started to hear the infamous squeaky noise from the front passenger side door within the first month. Everytime it goes into a small ditch or even when I accelerate sharply!!.

The guys at maruthi reckoned it was something to do with coil plate!! They said they had replaced the screws, but it only took a day for the squeaking to start again.

I didn't bother to take it back to the service center as I was about to go on a long drive. I travelled around 1200kms in 2 days. Then after a days break, I started my return journey. On the way back, the car started throwing all sort of tantrums!!

The squeaking increased and this time, the rear doors actually started shivering every time i tried to cross 110Km/h When I say shivering, I mean the rear half of the cabin was shaking like a malaria patient.

So, despite the excellent roads frm Bangaluru - Hyd, I had to drive with a face like this

Will see MASS guys tomorrow and see what they have to say. Did anyone else have a similar problem?

Last edited by Technocrat : 23rd November 2011 at 01:57. Reason: Only 2 smilies allowed per post, please read the board rules carefully before proceeding, thanks
Old 22nd November 2011, 08:41   #71
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sivavikram View Post
Hi,

Mines a 6 month old VXI. I started to hear the infamous squeaky noise from the front passenger side door within the first month. Everytime it goes into a small ditch or even when I accelerate sharply!!.

The guys at maruthi reckoned it was something to do with coil plate!! They said they had replaced the screws, but it only took a day for the squeaking to start again.

I didn't bother to take it back to the service center as I was about to go on a long drive. I travelled around 1200kms in 2 days. Then after a days break, I started my return journey. On the way back, the car started throwing all sort of tantrums!!

The squeaking increased and this time, the rear doors actually started shivering every time i tried to cross 110Km/h When I say shivering, I mean the rear half of the cabin was shaking like a malaria patient.

So, despite the excellent roads frm Bangaluru - Hyd, I had to drive with a face like this

Will see MASS guys tomorrow and see what they have to say. Did anyone else have a similar problem?
It might be a wheel alignment issue also. I faced this issue during a long drive, whenever I touch 120Km/h the car will start shivering. Since it was a new car then, I immediately called the service center guy and he told its a wheel alignment issue. Once the wheel alignment was done the issue got resolved.
Old 22nd November 2011, 11:27   #72
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arun_josie View Post
It might be a wheel alignment issue also. I faced this issue during a long drive, whenever I touch 120Km/h the car will start shivering. Since it was a new car then, I immediately called the service center guy and he told its a wheel alignment issue. Once the wheel alignment was done the issue got resolved.
Thanks. That's comforting to hear. I taught it was something more serious.
Old 22nd January 2014, 20:02   #73

Re: Flaws in Maruti Swift (all generations)

Hi everyone. I own a 2011 Swift Vxi, one of the last of the old generation Swifts. Lately it has been showing a peculiar problem. The front and rear left tyres are deflating faster than their right partners. I even tried balancing the passenger weight distribution in every possible way, but still the problem persists. I would be most grateful if anyone could advise.

Regards,
Hrushikesh
Old 22nd January 2014, 20:39   #74
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Achekay View Post
Hi everyone. I own a 2011 Swift Vxi, one of the last of the old generation Swifts. Lately it has been showing a peculiar problem. The front and rear left tyres are deflating faster than their right partners. I even tried balancing the passenger weight distribution in every possible way, but still the problem persists. I would be most grateful if anyone could advise.

Regards,
Hrushikesh
Have you tried exchanging the right side tyre positions with the ones on left side? That shall help in finding the actual fault.
Old 18th February 2016, 14:20   #75
BHPian

Hi all,

My friend's Swift DDiS VDi is showing some issues now.
Check Engine light is staying ON even after firing up the engine.

Maruti service center has diagnosed and found two error codes:
P0403 EGR valve controller circuit
P0180 fuel temperature sensor circuit

Even after all options were tried out by them, the issue still exist.

The car is behaving fine and there is absolutely no behavioral change whatsoever.

Please help out and share your views.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks