Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th September 2015, 10:44   #31

Re: Booster Brake Adjustment - Is it possible?

Hey Srini, thanks for your response, since I could see it in front of my eyes, it wasn't hard for me to believe what the MASS supervisor cited as the reason why it could not be done. The master cylinder is almost double the size in Wagon R. I have not been able to yet see the booster cylinder of a K10 but I had my share of doubts about the quality of brake pads on the F8. So, if one were to go for a no frills upgrade, would it be to opt for better pads (if so which ones would do the job without burning a hole in the pocket) or upgrade to a bigger booster? Thanks!
Old 30th September 2015, 21:31   #32
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by im_srini View Post
As far as I know, the Lxi ( F8D ) & Vxi ( F10D ) Altos used the same booster - will confirm the part-numbers for the F8D, F10D, & K10 Altos this weekend.
Quote:
Originally Posted by padmakar.vikas View Post
The master cylinder is almost double the size in Wagon R.
Hello Vikas, it appears that I was mistaken, the brake master cylinder does appear to be different across the Alto variants ( booster appears to be identical though ).
Name:  AltoBrakeBoosterX.png
Views: 705
Size:  1.59 MB
Quote:
Originally Posted by padmakar.vikas View Post
So, if one were to go for a no frills upgrade, would it be to opt for better pads ( if so which ones would do the job without burning a hole in the pocket ) or upgrade to a bigger booster ?
I don't use fancy brake pads anymore, just using regular MGP ones.
Fake brake pads abound though, just ensure the ones you get are genuine.
Also, with time, the rubber of the vacuum pipe from the throttle-body to the booster can become hard & develop hairline cracks, you could try changing this too.
I would change brake pads first, if not happy, change the rotors, if still not happy, change the vacuum line - basically, consider a booster upgrade only as a last resort.
im_srini is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 20th April 2024, 22:33   #33
BHPian

Just remember, if it is a disc brake system, use as large a brake booster with as many diaphragms as possible to give the most amount of assist. If it is a drum brake car, be more selective with your choices and err on the side of smaller so that the car is still comfortable to drive.

If a customer gave us this scenario, we would then be forced to ask questions of the customer and we would start with asking if the vehicle is disc or drum brakes. We have to ask this question right up front because it will dictate which direction we might take. If a customer was using disc brakes in the front and even disc brakes in the rear, we cannot recommend a large enough booster.

To the contrary, if a customer is keeping the truck drum brakes but is just looking to make the pedal feel a little better, too large of a booster might make a vehicle tough to drive due to the very touchy brakes the vehicle would now have. So, for our example here, let’s assume the customer is electing to go with four-wheel disc brakes and the truck is being powered by a hopped up small block
vivekdewanta is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks