Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2007, 15:51   #1

Questions i would like cleared!!

hi all,
i have a honda city 1.3exi 1999 currently have 4-1 header and a kn high flw filter(conical) from frk......

1. the 1st and 2nd gear have to be forced in sometimes and reverse grinds when shifting at rest.... cause??

2. the tyre size is showing 175/70/13 ..are these stock???

3. are potenza g3 or es100 available in 195 /60/13 if so will my stock rims do??

4. how often does the filter need to be cleaned (indian roads)???

5. can the steering sensitivity be increased??

6. can the steering wheel be changed ???(to something sporty like the m3 kind of steering)

7. anybody know where i can learn the basics of rally driving ?? (wanted to ask anyways)

thank you for your time....

i just finished watching 5 seasons of topgear (sigh 3 more to go)....and i have to say jc,hammond and may are just awesome.... heard the new season is starting in feb..
Old 3rd January 2007, 16:14   #2
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctic View Post
1. the 1st and 2nd gear have to be forced in sometimes and reverse grinds when shifting at rest.... cause??
Could be a weak clutch or could be that you're not depressing it properly. Get the clutch & gearbox checked up from a good garage.

Quote:
Yes these are stock sizes.

Quote:
3. are potenza g3 or es100 available in 195 /60/13 if so will my stock rims do??
G3's are available in that size but I would not recommend fitting a tyre that wide on stock rims. You should stick to 185/65 R13 as it is a good upsize & will fit fine on your stock wheels.

Quote:
I think somewhere between 5-10k depending on dust & driving conditions in your city.

Quote:
Minor difference can be made by switching to good tyres but it would be a very miniscule difference. No other ways are there to increase sestivity and why would you want to do it anyways?

Quote:
6. can the steering wheel be changed ???(to something sporty like the m3 kind of steering)
Yes it can be changed.

Quote:
7. anybody know where i can learn the basics of rally driving ?? (wanted to ask anyways)
In India I don't think there are any schools. There are some in the UK & you can google it for more information.
Old 3rd January 2007, 21:17   #3

thank you for the reply... steering play is too long i feel, i want to be able to turn more with less rotations (i have to turn the wheel quite a bit just to switch lanes) i guess it will be better at higher speeds...

why on earth would honda put smaller tires (13inch, one onch smaller) for a car thats basically the same as 1.5,vtec....

anybody here got an greddy emanage here??? if so is it any good??
Old 3rd January 2007, 23:04   #4
BHPian

Quote:
hi all,
i have a honda city 1.3exi 1999 currently have 4-1 header and a kn high flw filter(conical) from frk......

1. the 1st and 2nd gear have to be forced in sometimes and reverse grinds when shifting at rest.... cause??..

thank you for your time....

i just finished watching 5 seasons of topgear (sigh 3 more to go)....and i have to say jc,hammond and may are just awesome.... heard the new season is starting in feb..
1. might be the synchroniser rings in the gearbox
2. i think 175 are stock for the honda city 1.5, not sure about the 1.3
3. potenza is available, stock rim should be fine
4. regular filter, maybe once in 2000 or 3000 kms, go for k&n
5. not sure, dont think so
6. yes definetly
7. there are plans to conduct a rally school but i think that this is on hold for now, will keep you posted if there is something happening.
Old 3rd January 2007, 23:26   #5
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

why on earth would honda put smaller tires (13inch, one onch smaller) for a car thats basically the same as 1.5,vtec....
Smaler tires have larger side walls and hence you get a better ride quality(you already know this)
Why you ask,does the car have these even though its basically is the same as the 1.5/v-tec.The same reason why the M3 has a one inch upsize on the standard 3 series.Blah blah...The 1.3 is more of a family vehicle whle the v-tec is driver oriented.

OTher reason-fuel efficiency
Old 4th January 2007, 02:54   #6

any idea how much a set of 5 stock bridgestone tires with medium wear will sell for???
Old 4th January 2007, 07:32   #7
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
any idea how much a set of 5 stock bridgestone tires with medium wear will sell for???
That depends on your tyres condition.
Old 4th January 2007, 08:52   #8
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by killjoy View Post
4. regular filter, maybe once in 2000 or 3000 kms, go for k&n
As per his first post, he already has an FRK conical filter.
Old 4th January 2007, 10:28   #9
BHPian

FRK conical filter? anybody got a link to this?
Old 4th January 2007, 13:22   #10

lol...kn konical filter part no 4550.. fitted by frk!!!! sorry for the ambiguity
Old 4th January 2007, 16:18   #11

some more questions....

8. whats the ecu specification in the 1.3 city????

9. what is obd???

10. i hear city has a de-tuned d15 engine....in what way is it detuned???( didnt think it was possible to de-tune 1.5l to 1.3l)
Old 4th January 2007, 18:42   #12
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
steering play is too long i feel, i want to be able to turn more with less rotations (i have to turn the wheel quite a bit just to switch lanes) i guess it will be better at higher speeds...
That's not possible without expensive modifications.

Quote:
1.3/1.5 came with the same tyres i.e. 175/70 R13 only difference was the brands & wheelcaps. VTEC came with 14" for a multitude of reasons not limited to - More cost of 14" tyres, more ride comfort with 13", diffrentiating factor to make the extra cost of the VTEC reasonable etc. etc.

Quote:
8. whats the ecu specification in the 1.3 city????
What do you mean by that?

Quote:
10. i hear city has a de-tuned d15 engine....in what way is it detuned???( didnt think it was possible to de-tune 1.5l to 1.3l)
It is detuned to compensate for our poor fuel quality. And no the 1.5 is not detuned to a 1.3, they are two different engines.
Old 4th January 2007, 22:24   #13

whoa thanks for the info.....

by ecu specs i wanted to know if obd 1 or 2, various functions the ecu controls apart from the obvious spark/injector timings etc.
Old 4th January 2007, 23:50   #14
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
by ecu specs i wanted to know if obd 1 or 2, various functions the ecu controls apart from the obvious spark/injector timings etc.
I think its OBD II .

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks