Team-BHP > Technical Stuff
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd January 2007, 23:00   #1
BHPian

Vibration in Accent CRDI

Hi all,

This is my first post in this forum. Hope I am following all etiquettes...

I am from Bangalore and I have an Accent CRDI which has done 25000KM. Off late the car has developed a couple of strange problems. I hope that some of the members can throw some light on these issues before the service centre guy takes me for a ride.

1) There is a vibration/slight booming noise at around 2300-2400 RPM. This is roughly around 80KMPH in 4th gear and 105 KMPH in 5th gear. There is no vibration once I cross 2500 RPM. My only recollection of a mis handling of the car is that I happened to go over a speed breaker at 60KMPH as I couldnt see it. There is no vibration when I rev the engine in neutral to the above said rpm. From what I read over the net, this kind or vibrations in all gears at constant rpm is due to problem in differential/CV joints.

2) When I drive past 140 KMPH, there is a scary sound from the right rear side of the car. It is like a sqealing noise which is quite noticeable. All the tyres and wheels are in good condition.There are no tyre marks on the inside of fender to suggest that it is due to tyre touching the body. I was driving on a good highway at that time and the car was behaving very well except for this sound

I would be very grateful for your valuable suggestions /inputs on these issues.

Thanks in advance

Badri
Old 4th January 2007, 11:46   #2
BHPian

I dunno about the first one but I guess that screeching noise you hear on the rear right might be the bearing.Have you got it checked ??
Old 4th January 2007, 12:18   #3
BHPian

the boom is there in all viva crdi as it develops power lower in the powerband, the noise comes when it develops its peak bhp . chk the specs of the vehicle it will say 80bhp at rpm,i am not sure on the rpm or the bhp what i have said is only approximation.

regarding the squeal chk your rear wheel oil seals and bearings as advised by wasava
Old 4th January 2007, 17:02   #4
Senior - BHPian

its 82 BHP @ 4000 RPM and tourque is around 180 or 190 at 2200 - 2700 RPM..
Old 4th January 2007, 19:41   #5
BHPian

Hi,

I have checked with a good service advisor and he told me the same. Will get the brake drum and bearing checked.

Thanks for the advice
Old 10th December 2008, 17:10   #6
BHPian

I know this is an old thread...
But Just to get some info...
Even i have this strange problem...(Accent CRDi)
I have noticed that this strange vibrations at 80-90kmph and it disappears at 90kmph.I have noticed this in 5th gear.
I didnt check the RPMs though. today I would check the RPM range also.
@badri. what did you do to solve this?
Old 11th December 2008, 14:21   #7
BANNED

Hi, Regarding the 1st problem i think the issue is with the clutch plates.
I also had the same vibration problem in my lancer diesel(2003 model) ( between 1900 - 2000 RPM). I got the clutch plates changed , no vibration after that.

odometer read 147326 when i changed my clutch plates.
Old 12th December 2008, 16:23   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
today I would check the RPM range also.
I checked RPM range in 5th gear. Its around 1900 - 2000.
Also, I have noticed that, this not related to RPM but with speed. Coz, I feel the vibrations at other gears too (3 and 4th).
Old 12th December 2008, 21:59   #9
BANNED

I think your clutch plates needs to be checked
Old 29th December 2008, 18:15   #10
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anToNIcHeN View Post
I checked RPM range in 5th gear. Its around 1900 - 2000.
Also, I have noticed that, this not related to RPM but with speed. Coz, I feel the vibrations at other gears too (3 and 4th).
I did a proper tyre rotation, wheel balancing and wheel alignment. Now the vibrations are gone. .

But, after the vibrations began on my car, I did a complete wheel balancing. Still the problem peristed. Also, from my experiance, wheel balancing vibrations would increase with speed and they dont disappear after certain speed.
So the next culprit is wheel alignment. I was looking at the reading (prior to wheel alignment and after wheel alignment). I dont remember rightly, but one reading was way off and the guy at the center corrected it.

So my question, Would "off aligment" a reason for vibrations at a certain speed? (For me, vibrations started at around 80 and disappeared at around 90).

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks